Dennis Vids On Facebook

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Dennis Vids On Facebook

Postby RumTumJM » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:21 am

Hey Guys,

Not sure if any of you noticed, but they streamed some songs, from Dennis's recent show, on his Facebook page. They captured some gems there, including Castle Walls & Queen Of Spades. (He even hit "the note'!)

https://www.facebook.com/Dennis-DeYoung ... 839630509/
RumTumJM
45 RPM

Re: Dennis Vids On Facebook

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 am

I was there Saturday at the Star Plaza in Merrillville IN, he was awesome. I really do think he should keep QoS because it was flawless. I counted 22 seconds on that note in Suite Madame Blue, my only complaint was when he messed up the lyrics on Desert Moon at the end. He played for about two hours, and had a few new zingers including telling the people from Indiana they should build a wall because of us Illinois people :lol:

Set List
The Grand Illusion
Lady
Lorelei
Blue Collar Man
Desert Moon
Mr Roboto
Crystal Ball
Queen of Spades
Too Much Time On My Hands
Rockin' The Paradise
Castle Walls
Babe
Foolin' Yourself
Suite Madame Blue
Best of Times/A.D. 1958/And In The End
Renegade
Come Sail Away
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:33 pm

pinkfloyd1973 wrote:I was there Saturday at the Star Plaza in Merrillville IN, he was awesome. I really do think he should keep QoS because it was flawless. I counted 22 seconds on that note in Suite Madame Blue, my only complaint was when he messed up the lyrics on Desert Moon at the end. He played for about two hours, and had a few new zingers including telling the people from Indiana they should build a wall because of us Illinois people :lol:

Set List
The Grand Illusion
Lady
Lorelei
Blue Collar Man
Desert Moon
Mr Roboto
Crystal Ball
Queen of Spades
Too Much Time On My Hands
Rockin' The Paradise
Castle Walls
Babe
Foolin' Yourself
Suite Madame Blue
Best of Times/A.D. 1958/And In The End
Renegade
Come Sail Away

Glad to hear it was a good show. But, I have to say DAMN IT KILROY! Not one deep cut but two! I NEVER get a break when going to his shows. The last time he played a deep cut at a concert I was attending was when he was doing the "with orchestra" shows.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:20 am

Boomchild wrote:Glad to hear it was a good show. But, I have to say DAMN IT KILROY! Not one deep cut but two! I NEVER get a break when going to his shows. The last time he played a deep cut at a concert I was attending was when he was doing the "with orchestra" shows.

In one of his notes on Fb, Crossing The Rubicon was mentioned as another deep cut as well, but I guess it wasn't ready yet :?
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 am

pinkfloyd1973 wrote:In one of his notes on Fb, Crossing The Rubicon was mentioned as another deep cut as well, but I guess it wasn't ready yet :?

So are you trying to rub it in now? 8)
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 am

Boomchild wrote:
pinkfloyd1973 wrote:In one of his notes on Fb, Crossing The Rubicon was mentioned as another deep cut as well, but I guess it wasn't ready yet :?

So are you trying to rub it in now? 8)

No no, lol...I would have loved to hear him do Crossing The Rubicon, but alas it wasn't meant to be :( :?
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Dennis commented on his FB page that they played Man in the Wilderness for the first time at a show in PA this month. He also was talking about another show where he gave the audience the choice of Castle Walls or DLIE. He confirmed that the audience chose DILE in a way like he was trying to prove something. Of course if you are going to ask an audience that is mainly made up of casual fans your going to have them pick the song that was a radio single over a deep cut. It's like he doesn't get it. Though small in numbers, it's the diehard fans in the audience that want to hear the deep cuts. Is it too much to ask an artist to throw the diehards a bone?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 pm

In case anyone is interested in seeing\hearing DDY (August) doing Man In The Wilderness. here it is. This video is of the entire show. Skip to time mark 1:03.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zszewCWmKQ
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx