Retro Rewind - Dennis' interviews

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Retro Rewind - Dennis' interviews

Postby SuiteMadameBlue » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:35 am

Dennis is "Artist of the Month" on Retro Rewind. He was interviewed after the Milwaukee concert this past November. There are 3 parts to the interview and then extra interviews with Dennis. I was at the Milwaukee concert at the new theatre. The Milwaukee Theatre was just completed and there was tons of dust still in the air, so I noticed that Dennis sounded thirsty during the interview, that's why 8) Also I know he was interviewed around 11:30pm after his concert and the meet and greets so he was tired. I know I was from that AWESOME concert. :lol:

Here is the link:

http://www.retrorewind.com/artist.htm

Enjoy :wink:
Suite Madame Blue
SuiteMadameBlue
Compact Disc

Re: Retro Rewind - Dennis' interviews

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:42 am

These were good interviews, and Dennis was a friend of Dave Harris... I was FB friends with the guy and we chatted a bit over the years.

He was arrested, charged and recently convicted of having an inappropriate relationship with his step-daughter... He's now in jail for a 20 and 25 year term, served consecutively.
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby gr8dane » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:27 pm

Wow,that's an old post there.I also like to go back and read some of the old ones.
So Dave Harris ,Dennis' chum is in jail ,eh ? Bloody hell.
Anyways,here's another old one, with a bit of a tie in, you might say. :lol:

Toph wrote:What is that saying about you can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps? Well I think we have continued insight into Tommy & JY with their continued association with Ted Nugent. Sick comments from the motor city madman re:Trayvon Martin, his family, and other things. Stay classy, Ted.

Good ole toph. :lol: 8) Stay classy ,Dave.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Yeah, I was going back through as I've only recently become active here, despite having created the account almost a decade ago :P

Dave and I corresponded a few times over the years about Styx and Dennis, and a few weeks before his arrest sent me a FB message asking to borrow money, he was out of town, car broke down, wife had his credit card and his phone almost dead... I told him I couldn't help.

http://www.wgnsradio.com/man-charged-wi ... -cms-40528

His ex-wife posted a comment on this news post stating the 20 + 25 year convictions.

He new a lot of people had a reasonably successful career doing his radio show and getting interviews with big names.. quite a downfall.
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby FormerDJMike » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:14 am

Wow, I had no idea. Dave and I were good buddies in the late 90's until around 2004 or 2005 or so. We both worked in radio and stayed in touch weekly. He set me up with interviews for tons of artists (and most of them were not done by me, they were done by other staff members at the radio station -- Dave would call and see if there was interest and I would set up the air talent for the interview. I did set up an interview I did with Dennis back in 99 and i wouldn't let anyone else do that one -- had to do that myself!

I left radio in 2005 and lost touch with Dave. I did try and e-mail him a few years ago and never heard anything back.

Here's a very odd story. Around 2000 or so I got a call from someone I didn't know. It was a woman who said she was childhood friends with Dave and she was concerned because she had not heard from him. I have no idea how she got my number (she may have told me, may have not I don't remember). She said she heard he was in a serious car accident. She was wanting to get in touch with him and she called the radio station where he worked. He wasn't available and the person that answered said he was in a car wreck. I told her I would try and find out what I could. I sent him an e-mail saying to call me and he did sometime that day. I told him what had been told to me and he said that he had not been in a car accident and didn't know why anyone would say that. i told him to call the woman back and he said he would. The next day I called her and she said she had talked to him and he was OK and had no idea why someone would make up that story. Dave called later and said the person who made up the story was fired and gone.

Now that I think more about it, it is kind of strange. I can't remember how she got it touch with me. Maybe she e-mailed me and gave me her number I don't know (this was almost 20 years ago). But the whole thing was just odd.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Return to Styx