New shirts!!!

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

New shirts!!!

Postby Toph » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Hey Styx fans -

Because there just aren't enough cheesy Styx t shirts out there, the band saw another way to take some cash from you and have put 2 brand new for 2013 t shirt designs on their website and are advertising it on their Facebook news feed. There's a brand new "classic Rock my ass!" T shirt design. And yet another new take on the Renegade - wanted dead or alive complete with skull and guns. Glad to see that all the class didn't leave when DDY walked out the door. I just hope that they come in muscle shirt or tank top designs. After all, that is the best way to show off all your gold chains.....

Stay classy, Styx...
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Still no Roboto bobble head dolls in the merch????
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 am

I think I can speak for all us here.
We are very lucky to have you here, teaching us about having class.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Everett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 am

Damnit topher you beat me to it.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Everett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 am

This one is already in the mail 8)
Everett
Compact Disc

Re: New shirts!!!

Postby Everett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:17 am

Toph wrote:Hey Styx fans -

Because there just aren't enough cheesy Styx t shirts out there, the band saw another way to take some cash from you and have put 2 brand new for 2013 t shirt designs on their website and are advertising it on their Facebook news feed. There's a brand new "classic Rock my ass!" T shirt design. And yet another new take on the Renegade - wanted dead or alive complete with skull and guns. Glad to see that all the class didn't leave when DDY walked out the door. I just hope that they come in muscle shirt or tank top designs. After all, that is the best way to show off all your gold chains.....

Stay classy, Styx...

Remind me again why you liked their page in the first place? Oh yeah just to be an ass :roll:
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 am

gr8dane wrote:I think I can speak for all us here.

You need all the help you can get g8
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:14 am

Everett wrote:Image

Not surprised at all. Matches Walmart wardrobe well....
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Everett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 am

Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:This one is already in the mail 8)

Ah topher. Still a waste of life.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 am

Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

That's a pretty f'd up thing to say.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Toph » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:15 am

Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

This coming from someone who is purchasing cheesy T shirts fron a band that hasn't been relevant for 30 years....
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Babyblue » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 am

Can't wait to get mine in Feb. :D :wink:
Styx & Gowan fan forever
Keep On Rocking Guys:)

I will never stop believeing in you SP.:)
Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Everett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:43 am

Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

This coming from someone who is purchasing cheesy T shirts fron a band that hasn't been relevant for 30 years....

But you take every chance you can to bash them for something that happened
15 years ago.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Everett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:44 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

That's a pretty f'd up thing to say.

Hey just stating my opinion based on his behavior.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

Mmm. To be fair here, can you really say that Dennis himself has been relevant for 30 years either? When speaking about both, I don't think relevant is of any concern at this point. Both their careers are in their twilight stage. This is not to put them in a negative light at all. Just is what it is.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Babyblue wrote:

Gee, what a surprise! 8)
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Toph wrote:
gr8dane wrote:I think I can speak for all us here.

You need all the help you can get g8

When do we start?
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

Guess I shouldn't wear my Beethoven and Jesus saves t-shirts no more, as they have been dead for some time,
and couldn't be relevant to me.
You must wear your new Bieber t-shirt and haircut with pride, as you walk up and down Main street feeling relevant.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Babyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 am

Boomchild wrote:
Babyblue wrote:

Gee, what a surprise! 8)

:lol: :wink:
Styx & Gowan fan forever

Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Everett » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

Mmm. To be fair here, can you really say that Dennis himself has been relevant for 30 years either? When speaking about both, I don't think relevant is of any concern at this point. Both their careers are in their twilight stage. This is not to put them in a negative light at all. Just is what it is.

That's why I like you boomer. You don't care for the current incarnation but you
don't bash and sometimes make personal attacks at fans that do. Besides if tophers
bitchin about buying cheesy products from a non relevant band then I guess I shouldn't
have picked up a kilroy tour program on ebay a while back. It's pretty cool actually.
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:50 am

Everett wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

That's why I like you boomer. You don't care for the current incarnation but you
don't bash and sometimes make personal attacks at fans that do. Besides if tophers
bitchin about buying cheesy products from a non relevant band then I guess I shouldn't
have picked up a kilroy tour program on ebay a while back. It's pretty cool actually.

Difference between nostalgia and current bastardization of the brand. Guarantee that DeYoung never would have let any pseudo metal looking crap out the door with the Styx name on it. Compare classic rock my ass or Renegade skull shirts with original Paradise theater tour shirts. One looks good while the other is a Spinal Tap ripoff.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Babyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:28 am

Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

Difference between nostalgia and current bastardization of the brand. Guarantee that DeYoung never would have let any pseudo metal looking crap out the door with the Styx name on it. Compare classic rock my ass or Renegade skull shirts with original Paradise theater tour shirts. One looks good while the other is a Spinal Tap ripoff.

Can we please just stop this crap???? So what you don't like the new t.shirts so do.Just let it ride how about it. :roll:
Styx & Gowan fan forever

Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby gr8dane » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 am

Babyblue wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

Can we please just stop this crap???? So what you don't like the new t.shirts so do.Just let it ride how about it. :roll:

Well you know topherocious.A miserable t..t.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby LtVanish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am

it would be an ok shirt if it didnt have all that crap on the back. kinda lame I think
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Everett wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

The way I see it is this forum is about Styx and it's related band members and not bashing or making personal attacks on other posters that do not agree with my viewpoints. In my opinion people that do that are mainly doing so to build themselves up for something they feel that is lacking in themselves. I would not say that the current version is not professional in the shows they put on, it's just not my cup of tea and I feel that Styx without DDY is a diluted form of the band. I certainly cannot say that I haven't bashed JY at times but I feel he does deserved it.
BTW, I have the Kilroy tour program as well and yes it is a cool item to have in your collection.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

The issue is more about the hole that is left due to DDY no longer being in the band. It's lost a dynamic of what it was and I think it's safe to say that it's not because what DDY brought to the band was not successful and fans didn't enjoy it. Record sales prove that otherwise. Is the shirt cheesy and seems like it comes from a teenage mentality? Sure. What was worse was the PT retro shirt with the pictures of band members that had nothing to do with album or the tour. In my opinion, no self respecting Styx fan would wear it. That's bastardization in my book. On the flip side remember when Dennis was hocking his wife's romance novel on his site and at his merch. tables? That was pretty lame and cheesy. Fans are fans of DDY and his music not his wife's latest hobby. So both camps have done things that can be considered embarrassing. It's just seems to me that the current Styx has done it on more occasions.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby cittadeeno23 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 am

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that still has a Kilroy concert program!!!
cittadeeno23
LP

Postby Babyblue » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 am

Boomchild wrote:
Everett wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Everett wrote:
Toph wrote:

The way I see it is this forum is about Styx and it's related band members and not bashing or making personal attacks on other posters that do not agree with my viewpoints. In my opinion people that do that are mainly doing so to build themselves up for something they feel that is lacking in themselves. I would not say that the current version is not professional in the shows they put on, it's just not my cup of tea and I feel that Styx without DDY is a diluted form of the band. I certainly cannot say that I haven't bashed JY at times but I feel he does deserved it.
BTW, I have the Kilroy tour program as well and yes it is a cool item to have in your collection.

Thank You!
Styx & Gowan fan forever

Babyblue
Digital Audio Tape

Postby yogi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:03 am

Great new shirts . No new music but new T's to rock our butts off. Also heard we are about to get a new cologne from Tommy & the boyz.

My daughter got Nikki Minaj's new perfume for Christmas. Makes ya smell like trash. We got rid of it
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Everett » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 am

cittadeeno23 wrote:I'm just glad I'm not the only one that still has a Kilroy concert program!!!

Ha ha. I was actually surprised to see it on ebay. I probably paid a little too much given it's age
but it was in damn good shape and a nice little keepsake to add to the collection.
Everett
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Styx