Nugent

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Nugent

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:29 am

What is that saying about you can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps? Well I think we have continued insight into Tommy & JY with their continued association with Ted Nugent. Sick comments from the motor city madman re:Trayvon Martin, his family, and other things. Stay classy, Ted.
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: Nugent

Postby Cassie May » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 am

Sheesh, you can be friends with someone and not agree with everything that person says and does! Do you agree with every single thing all your friends say and do and stand for? Seriously. What a ridiculous thing to stir up trouble about.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 am

Cassie May wrote:Sheesh, you can be friends with someone and not agree with everything that person says and does! Do you agree with every single thing all your friends say and do and stand for? Seriously. What a ridiculous thing to stir up trouble about.

Cassie
Have another cup of bath water.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Cassie May » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Toph wrote:
Cassie May wrote:Sheesh, you can be friends with someone and not agree with everything that person says and does! Do you agree with every single thing all your friends say and do and stand for? Seriously. What a ridiculous thing to stir up trouble about.

Cassie
Have another cup of bath water.

Whatever.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:08 pm

What did Uncle Ted have to say about Martin?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby brywool » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:00 am

well, the guy IS a complete psycho...
but if he keeps his politics out of it, who cares? It is surprising that ANYBODY joined with him to tour after last time when he got all that bad press.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Toph » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am

Boomchild wrote:What did Uncle Ted have to say about Martin?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... ist-gansta
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:42 pm

brywool wrote:well, the guy IS a complete psycho...
but if he keeps his politics out of it, who cares? It is surprising that ANYBODY joined with him to tour after last time when he got all that bad press.

Opinionated and larger then life persona yes, psycho I don't think that's true.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:What did Uncle Ted have to say about Martin?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... ist-gansta

It was Martin using racist terms such as "cracker". I am not familiar with his texts prior to the fight. Also, had Zimmerman not been able to defend himself with his firearm it is quite possible that Martin's attack may have lead to life threatening injuries. People have a hard time accepting the cold truth about things.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 am

mix a dose of freedom of speech, with a 70 year old man, mixed with the over the topness of the motor city madman and that gives you the recipe of why it is what it is. you dont have to agree with ted but I dont see anything about his comments that are surprising based on his past views.

but as for making it an explanation for why tommy and jy do the things they do because they are friends with ted is something i just dont see at all.

in fact, there is at least a decent to real good chance that 75% of white americans near or over the age of 70 that feel the exact same way uncle ted does about this.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 pm

masque wrote:mix a dose of freedom of speech, with a 70 year old man, mixed with the over the topness of the motor city madman and that gives you the recipe of why it is what it is. you dont have to agree with ted but I dont see anything about his comments that are surprising based on his past views.

but as for making it an explanation for why tommy and jy do the things they do because they are friends with ted is something i just dont see at all.

in fact, there is at least a decent to real good chance that 75% of white americans near or over the age of 70 that feel the exact same way uncle ted does about this.

Well put.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:13 am

Here is the one thing I totally dont get about the Zimmerman case. If a state has a right to carry law( which I am 100% for) , and also a stand your ground law ( that can take place anywhere) not just on your property like Texas has, you can pick a fight then when getting your ass kicked pull the gun that you have the right to carry and kill the guy that you picked the fight with. Makes no sense to me.

If you were being bullied as a kid growinging up in Florida by law you will have the right to get the ultimate revenge.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:46 pm

yogi wrote:Here is the one thing I totally dont get about the Zimmerman case. If a state has a right to carry law( which I am 100% for) , and also a stand your ground law ( that can take place anywhere) not just on your property like Texas has, you can pick a fight then when getting your ass kicked pull the gun that you have the right to carry and kill the guy that you picked the fight with. Makes no sense to me.

If you were being bullied as a kid growinging up in Florida by law you will have the right to get the ultimate revenge.

None of these types of laws are that black and white (no pun intended). That's why Zimmerman landed in court. Just because we have these types of laws in some states doesn't mean people are able to stretch them. Zimmernan got a fair trial and a jury after hearing ALL the evidence did not feel he acted illegally. Which in fact is a better outcome then the authorities just determining he acted in self defense as they originally did before media hype pushed them to take Zimmerman to court.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:23 am

Toph wrote:What is that saying about you can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps? Well I think we have continued insight into Tommy & JY with their continued association with Ted Nugent. Sick comments from the motor city madman re:Trayvon Martin, his family, and other things. Stay classy, Ted.

The way I see it then,is Dennis must be way more out there,since Tommy and JY don't associate with him anymore.
Which make Ted being an all around nice guy compared, since they are still chums.
Well done Tommy and JY,you cleaned out the trash.Good ole Dennis.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 am

gr8dane wrote:
Toph wrote:What is that saying about you can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps? Well I think we have continued insight into Tommy & JY with their continued association with Ted Nugent. Sick comments from the motor city madman re:Trayvon Martin, his family, and other things. Stay classy, Ted.

The way I see it then,is Dennis must be way more out there,since Tommy and JY don't associate with him anymore.
Which make Ted being an all around nice guy compared, since they are still chums.

Statements like that show how completely irrational you are.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Toph wrote:
gr8dane wrote:

Statements like that show how completely irrational you are.

I think gr8 was just baiting you.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:47 pm

And here I thought that topher was the irrational master baiter,starting this topic on Nugent in the first place.

I guess me starting a thread then about dennis being a dopey perv,because he wrote the songs 'Light up' and 'Lonely child is proof,
would not be irrational and baiting ?
But the persons who responds to that statement would be the irrational and baiting ones ?
I think I am starting to get it now.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:04 pm

gr8dane wrote:And here I thought that topher was the irrational master baiter,starting this topic on Nugent in the first place.

I guess me starting a thread then about dennis being a dopey perv,because he wrote the songs 'Light up' and 'Lonely child is proof,
But the persons who responds to that statement would be the irrational and baiting ones ?

The accusation of the thread is baseless and using Dennis in your reply to it was baiting a response from Toph. Do you really think anyone believes you didn't use that analogy to stir the pot?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Boomchild wrote:
gr8dane wrote:And here I thought that topher was the irrational master baiter,starting this topic on Nugent in the first place.

The accusation of the thread is baseless and using Dennis in your reply to it was baiting a response from Toph. Do you really think anyone believes you didn't use that analogy to stir the pot?

Baseless baiting.Toph seemed quite happy to be all over Cassie with bathwater.
But there must be some reasonable explanation for that I am sure.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Cassie May » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:38 am

gr8dane wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Baseless baiting.Toph seemed quite happy to be all over Cassie with bathwater.
But there must be some reasonable explanation for that I am sure.

Meh, I find it all to be insignificant. It always amuses me how people who worship at the altar of the Sainted Dennis DeYoung use one of his nastier and unsaintly comments as firepower when they have nothing else to say.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Cassie May wrote:Meh, I find it all to be insignificant. It always amuses me how people who worship at the altar of the Sainted Dennis DeYoung use one of his nastier and unsaintly comments as firepower when they have nothing else to say.

I certainly don't think DDY is a "saint". He has faults just like any other human being. I fail to see where there is a "nasty" comment from Dennis referenced in this thread.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Cassie May wrote:Meh, I find it all to be insignificant. It always amuses me how people who worship at the altar of the Sainted Dennis DeYoung use one of his nastier and unsaintly comments as firepower when they have nothing else to say.

I certainly don't think DDY is a "saint". He has faults just like any other human being. I fail to see where there is a "nasty" comment from Dennis referenced in this thread.

Knock knock
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Cassie May » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 am

Boomchild wrote:

Dennis is no saint, but for the amount of worship he gets around here, one would think so. The bathwater comment was said by him; I remember it from the really acrimonious days during the break up in 99. Zan also referenced it in a thread here.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Cassie May wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Dennis is no saint, but for the amount of worship he gets around here, one would think so. The bathwater comment was said by him; I remember it from the really acrimonious days during the break up in 99. Zan also referenced it in a thread here.

Yes I remember that quote, something about drinking Tommy Shaw's bathwater......Except for Toph, I have not heard that reference in quite awhile nor have I used it in a long time (prolly not since the Styxboard BB run by David). And no, I do not worship the ground Dennis DeYoung walks on, so please quit lumping most of us fans with one person :roll:
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 pm

pinkfloyd1973 wrote: And no, I do not worship the ground Dennis DeYoung walks on, so please quit lumping most of us fans with one person :roll:

Thank you for saying that. Sometimes when you defend a person's position you get labeled as a worshiper.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 pm

Boomchild wrote:
pinkfloyd1973 wrote: And no, I do not worship the ground Dennis DeYoung walks on, so please quit lumping most of us fans with one person :roll:

Thank you for saying that. Sometimes when you defend a person's position you get labeled as a worshiper.

I like to take this opportunity, to apologize to Pink and Boomer for thinking of you as Dennis worshippers.
With the amount of Dennis defending post you have had Pink,I just took it for granted that you were.
And Boomer,I guess I was mislead by the effort you took in defending the toph the worshipper,with making me the baiter.
Again ,my humble apology.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Cassie May » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 am

gr8dane wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

I like to take this opportunity, to apologize to Pink and Boomer for thinking of you as Dennis worshippers.
With the amount of Dennis defending post you have had Pink,I just took it for granted that you were.
And Boomer,I guess I was mislead by the effort you took in defending the toph the worshipper,with making me the baiter.

Well, I apologize, as well. I was merely expressing my opinion, based solely upon the last several years of reading post after post of what I think of as blind devotion to DDY, and constant lambasting of TS and JY. It really gets ridiculous, and it really is unfair. It was simply my frustrated inner demon that lumped everyone together. Guess I'll go back to lurk mode.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:25 am

Cassie May wrote:
Well, I apologize, as well. I was merely expressing my opinion, based solely upon the last several years of reading post after post of what I think of as blind devotion to DDY, and constant lambasting of TS and JY. It really gets ridiculous, and it really is unfair. It was simply my frustrated inner demon that lumped everyone together. Guess I'll go back to lurk mode.

You don't need to go back into lurk mode, Cassie. I was just making an observation because of some people like Toph, who I don't mind, but I think he takes this whole "Dennis versus Styx" too seriously 8)
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 am

gr8dane wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

:roll:
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby Everett » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:19 am

pinkfloyd1973 wrote:
Cassie May wrote:

You don't need to go back into lurk mode, Cassie. I was just making an observation because of some people like Toph, who I don't mind, but I think he takes this whole "Dennis versus Styx" too seriously 8)

That's what trolls do. Hense this thread.
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Next

Return to Styx