Someone needs to alert Frontiers....

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Someone needs to alert Frontiers....

Postby Toph » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 pm

That on iTunes, they technically have Dennis's name spelled wrong. They have a space in between the e and the Y whereas all his other recordings don't have the space. I searched for the Music of Styx today and it didn't show up so I thought that maybe iTunes wasn't carrying it. Only after a bit more dilligence did I discover the extra space. And if I am a hard core fan and almost gave up, imagine what the general fan would do. Frontiers needs to learn how to spell.. :roll:
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: Someone needs to alert Frontiers....

Postby gr8dane » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 am

Go ahead.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:34 pm

gr8dane wrote:Go ahead.

Go F yourself.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Honestly I don't get it. Is this post a request for someone here to contact Frontiers about this issue? One would think anyone could send an email to them.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 am

Just spoke with Lisa Fancher, (President of Frontier Records) she acted like she didn't even know who Dennis was. She told me she was the head of marketing at A&M Records from 1989-1993 then got out of the business until last year.

She said she would look into it, and she hoped that DDY looked like a rock & roller.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Boomchild » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:18 pm

yogi wrote:Just spoke with Lisa Fancher, (President of Frontier Records) she acted like she didn't even know who Dennis was. She told me she was the head of marketing at A&M Records from 1989-1993 then got out of the business until last year.

She said she would look into it, and she hoped that DDY looked like a rock & roller.

Well, I bet she surely knew who JY is\was!
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:35 am

Someone needs to see if it has been fixed yet .
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:02 am

gr8dane wrote:Someone needs to see if it has been fixed yet .

How about using your own advice?

Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:32 am

This might have to do with the counter lawsuit JY filed back in 2000.

I remember reading in the Oxford law review article about JY's counter suit that if DDY lost the original suit JY was gonna fight Dennis over DeYOUNG being closely related to YOUNG. If JY won Dennis was gonna have to put a minimum of 3 hyphens between De---young and young had to be in all small letters.

This verdict which had been sealed was to be released in 2014 and was to affect all DDY future releases from late 2014 forward.

JY must have won. I will try to get it where you can link this old article: www.oxfordlawYoungVDeyoung.com
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Boomchild » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 am

yogi wrote:This might have to do with the counter lawsuit JY filed back in 2000.

I remember reading in the Oxford law review article about JY's counter suit that if DDY lost the original suit JY was gonna fight Dennis over DeYOUNG being closely related to YOUNG. If JY won Dennis was gonna have to put a minimum of 3 hyphens between De---young and young had to be in all small letters.

This verdict which had been sealed was to be released in 2014 and was to affect all DDY future releases from late 2014 forward.

JY must have won. I will try to get it where you can link this old article: http://www.oxfordlawYoungVDeyoung.com

Hey Yogi, That link is broken! I'm really interested in this, can you cut and paste the information here? Pretty please?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:36 am

Boomchild wrote:

How about using your own advice?

Nah,I'm in Canada.
There is no problem finding it here.
Spelling mistake or not.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby yogi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:42 am

my bad on the link try www.oxfordlawYoungVSDeyoung.net
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 am

Go F yourself
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

yogi wrote:my bad on the link try http://www.oxfordlawYoungVSDeyoung.net

I think it's actually .org. While doing a little online research about this I discovered that JY has set up a volunteer group that follows DDY around to report even the slightest breach of the settlement he signed with the other Styx members. So far, they have only observed DDY going into local stores that still sell CD's and moving all the post DDY Styx recordings from their proper place and inserting his solo recordings in their place. :shock:
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Toph wrote:

Go F yourself

Go ahead.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:20 am

Something else I noticed, when you rip the CD to your computer it shows up as De Young there and not DeYoung.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:45 pm

FormerDJMike wrote:Something else I noticed, when you rip the CD to your computer it shows up as De Young there and not DeYoung.

I have noticed this same issue when ripping other DDY CD's to computer. It's not just this release.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 pm

Boomchild wrote:
FormerDJMike wrote:Something else I noticed, when you rip the CD to your computer it shows up as De Young there and not DeYoung.

I have noticed this same issue when ripping other DDY CD's to computer. It's not just this release.

EXACTLY...I was wondering when somebody was going to point this out. It's been spelled BOTH WAYS on different albums and such from the very beginning.
Monker
MP3

Postby gr8dane » Thu May 31, 2018 6:15 am

It's a bit quiet here these days,so
Does anybody know if this has been fixed yet ?? :D 8) :P :?:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby masque » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:59 am

well I think after careful consideration and in an attempt to be more "modern".....DDY has decided to go in a more pop diva direction and just use his first name/or just a single name like;

Britney
Rihanna
Beyonce
Pink

so from now on bitches it's;

DENNIS
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 am

yogi wrote:Just spoke with Lisa Fancher, (President of Frontier Records) she acted like she didn't even know who Dennis was. She told me she was the head of marketing at A&M Records from 1989-1993 then got out of the business until last year.

Interesting... a Wikipedia entry says she started the company in 1980 and previously worked for Bomp! Records. Her company is an independent punk rock label and there's no information about her ever having worked at A&M.

I think this isn't the right label.

Dennis signed with Frontiers Records (http://www.frontiers.it/news/10749) for his Live in Los Angeles album, maybe that's the mix-up?
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Return to Styx