Fallon

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Fallon

Postby Toph » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:33 am

Dennis's response to Fallon an the love he gave TMTOMH and the original video. Note, the last line - he's throwing it out. "I wonder if Jimmy would like to have the remaining originals on his show?" Maybe Jimmy Fallon, of all people, can organize a DDY/TS reunion....

Hey kids,
Jimmy Fallon for president
From James Marsden singing Babe to the Emma Stone Mr Roboto lip sync (69 million views) to his most recent edition this hilarious homage to Too Much Time Jimmy wrangles good natured fun out of our video. He nails it with our jumpsuits and my finger pointing or is it waggling as the line "I got the 12 o'clock news blues" is repeated for nearly 5 minutes. The Roots improvises Styx which joins Issac Hayes on Come Sail Away as winners for oddest pairings imaginable. They mention both Tommy and me by name. I wonder if Jimmy would like to have the remaining originals on his show? Perhaps we could lip synch Bohemian Rhapsody. Enjoy this cause I sure did. By the way John ad-libbed the cigar twirl. cheers Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9WBcT6 ... e=youtu.be
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby yogi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:12 am

DAMN that is funny.

JP's tennis outfit, 12 oclock Blues Clues..... Classic!!!!!!

PS I may be crazy but Jimmy does an excellent job of singing Tommy's lead. Maybe DDY can get him on stage at one of his shows for Too Much time, Blue Collar Man , or Renegade. He sounded REALLY good
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:31 am

It's been a long time since I've seen that music video. Reminded me of just how hokey their early music videos were. I got a chuckle with Jimmy poking fun at DDY's finger pointing shtick. If Jimmy could get them together for a performance on the show, I'm sure the interview segment would be awkward.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby yogi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:49 am

Im sure that the interview segment would be a CLASSIC.

They could don their Main Event garb ( Dennis in a Roboto mask) and put em in separate corners.

Guest referee: Glen Burtnik
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: Fallon

Postby Abitaman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:03 am

would be cool
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:04 am

Boomchild wrote:It's been a long time since I've seen that music video. Reminded me of just how hokey their early music videos were. I got a chuckle with Jimmy poking fun at DDY's finger pointing shtick. If Jimmy could get them together for a performance on the show, I'm sure the interview segment would be awkward.


DeYoung is now 69. JY is 67. TS is 63. How much longer to keep this up. Let's two two reunions. A Jimmy Fallon one which then catapults enough attention on them that the assholes at the RNR HOF finally have to elect them and Journey, et al into the HOF. Have the second reunion right there at the Hall of Fame, cement your legacy and then you can leave each other again with your middle finger up in the air and never have to talk to each other again!
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:It's been a long time since I've seen that music video. Reminded me of just how hokey their early music videos were. I got a chuckle with Jimmy poking fun at DDY's finger pointing shtick. If Jimmy could get them together for a performance on the show, I'm sure the interview segment would be awkward.


DeYoung is now 69. JY is 67. TS is 63. How much longer to keep this up. Let's two two reunions. A Jimmy Fallon one which then catapults enough attention on them that the assholes at the RNR HOF finally have to elect them and Journey, et al into the HOF. Have the second reunion right there at the Hall of Fame, cement your legacy and then you can leave each other again with your middle finger up in the air and never have to talk to each other again!


So in effect you are purposing a reunion just for sake of publicity? No thanks.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:23 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:It's been a long time since I've seen that music video. Reminded me of just how hokey their early music videos were. I got a chuckle with Jimmy poking fun at DDY's finger pointing shtick. If Jimmy could get them together for a performance on the show, I'm sure the interview segment would be awkward.


DeYoung is now 69. JY is 67. TS is 63. How much longer to keep this up. Let's two two reunions. A Jimmy Fallon one which then catapults enough attention on them that the assholes at the RNR HOF finally have to elect them and Journey, et al into the HOF. Have the second reunion right there at the Hall of Fame, cement your legacy and then you can leave each other again with your middle finger up in the air and never have to talk to each other again!


So in effect you are purposing a reunion just for sake of publicity? No thanks.


It will never happen anyway.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:It's been a long time since I've seen that music video. Reminded me of just how hokey their early music videos were. I got a chuckle with Jimmy poking fun at DDY's finger pointing shtick. If Jimmy could get them together for a performance on the show, I'm sure the interview segment would be awkward.


DeYoung is now 69. JY is 67. TS is 63. How much longer to keep this up. Let's two two reunions. A Jimmy Fallon one which then catapults enough attention on them that the assholes at the RNR HOF finally have to elect them and Journey, et al into the HOF. Have the second reunion right there at the Hall of Fame, cement your legacy and then you can leave each other again with your middle finger up in the air and never have to talk to each other again!


So in effect you are purposing a reunion just for sake of publicity? No thanks.


Not at all. How did you even get that? Do it for the fans, cement your legacy, and because your founding member wants to do it.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby ztyxlynne » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:27 pm

I agree. Do it for the fans! Fallon should try and do this. At least DDY and TS. My God, don't they see these musicians passing away left and right? Do it befor its to late,and they regret it.
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Fallon

Postby Monker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:42 pm

So, they reunite again next week. You'll want a "short tour". You'll want an album. Then in five years, you'll be whining for yet another reunion before it's too late.

You had your reunion tours back in the 90's. You had your reunion album with BNW. Tommy, JY, etc, would be foolish to do this because all it does is fuel the fire for a complete reunion. That is why it will never happen...and Dennis sued the band.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:00 pm

Toph wrote:Not at all. How did you even get that? Do it for the fans, cement your legacy, and because your founding member wants to do it.


Because you were purposing someone to coax them to reunite for an appearance and then go their separate ways with nothing really changed in how they feel about working together. That's not a genuine reunion, that's merely for publicity. It should be that they wish to do it for themselves. Not because some fans want it. Their legacy is already intact. The reunion already happened. It just did not pan out in a way that fans had hoped it would. That's life. I don't know how anyone could really enjoy a reunion knowing that in the hearts of the musicians nothing has changed in how they feel about each other. You could use Pink Floyd's reunion for Live 8 as an example. That seemed forced to me.

As far as them being inducted into the R'N'R HOF, I personally couldn't give a crap. It all based on opinions from industry people. Styx wasn't creating the music for them.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby yogi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12 pm

[quote="Monker"]So, they reunite again next week. You'll want a "short tour". You'll want an album. Then in five years, you'll be whining for yet another reunion before it's too late.

You had your reunion tours back in the 90's. You had your reunion album with BNW. Tommy, JY, etc, would be foolish to do this because all it does is fuel the fire for a complete reunion. That is why it will never happen...and Dennis sued the band.[/quote]

YOGIS RESPONSE
*****Your so full of it. We should all be looking down the road after their reunion for what they will be doing in 20 years. A band as BIG as Styx once they reunite just can'T stay in the moment. They need to plan WAY WAY ahead. Restructure their management team, then assemble a management team that is all about growth and the future and then come up with a 20 year plus plan.

They could hit again and this time if they can get the critics and media behind them the sky is the limit!!!!!*****
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Monker wrote:So, they reunite again next week. You'll want a "short tour". You'll want an album. Then in five years, you'll be whining for yet another reunion before it's too late.

You had your reunion tours back in the 90's. You had your reunion album with BNW. Tommy, JY, etc, would be foolish to do this because all it does is fuel the fire for a complete reunion. That is why it will never happen...and Dennis sued the band.


God forbid you actually do what the fans desire...

By the way, Styx selling their "club memberships" with goodies celebrating the 35th anniversary of DeYoung's Paradise Theater concept album - hope he's getting a check.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Not at all. How did you even get that? Do it for the fans, cement your legacy, and because your founding member wants to do it.


Because you were purposing someone to coax them to reunite for an appearance and then go their separate ways with nothing really changed in how they feel about working together. That's not a genuine reunion, that's merely for publicity. It should be that they wish to do it for themselves. Not because some fans want it. Their legacy is already intact. The reunion already happened. It just did not pan out in a way that fans had hoped it would. That's life. I don't know how anyone could really enjoy a reunion knowing that in the hearts of the musicians nothing has changed in how they feel about each other. You could use Pink Floyd's reunion for Live 8 as an example. That seemed forced to me.

As far as them being inducted into the R'N'R HOF, I personally couldn't give a crap. It all based on opinions from industry people. Styx wasn't creating the music for them.


Well, Dennis DeYoung seems to want it, so why are your panties all in a knot about it?
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 pm

ztyxlynne wrote:I agree. Do it for the fans! Fallon should try and do this. At least DDY and TS. My God, don't they see these musicians passing away left and right? Do it befor its to late,and they regret it.


Amen! Especially when one of them is saying to make it happen. The fans want it, DDY wants it. The only ones that don't want it are TS/JY, Monkey, and Boomer.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby gr8dane » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Toph wrote:
ztyxlynne wrote:I agree. Do it for the fans! Fallon should try and do this. At least DDY and TS. My God, don't they see these musicians passing away left and right? Do it befor its to late,and they regret it.


Amen! Especially when one of them is saying to make it happen. The fans want it, DDY wants it. The only ones that don't want it are TS/JY, Monkey, and Boomer.



And me.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2642
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:18 am

Toph wrote:Well, Dennis DeYoung seems to want it, so why are your panties all in a knot about it?


Dennis never wanted to be pushed out of the band in the first place. I can sympathize with that. But, it's a group and in so other people had\have a say. Just because one former band member wants back into the group doesn't mean the others have to acquiesce.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:27 am

Toph wrote:Amen! Especially when one of them is saying to make it happen. The fans want it, DDY wants it. The only ones that don't want it are TS/JY, Monkey, and Boomer.


I never said that I didn't want a reunion. I said that I'm not looking for a disingenuous reunion. That is fake and I'm sure it would show. Not to mention that the reunion already happened and failed to work out long term. Hence proving that the issues and\or the underlying feelings they have about each other resurfaced. Get a grip on reality. Some things just are not meant to be. Be glad that DDY has been able to carve out a good solo career and that you can still go to see him perform. Hopefully, we will even get one more album of new material from him.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:35 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Well, Dennis DeYoung seems to want it, so why are your panties all in a knot about it?


Dennis never wanted to be pushed out of the band in the first place. I can sympathize with that. But, it's a group and in so other people had\have a say. Just because one former band member wants back into the group doesn't mean the others have to acquiesce.


So you, a fan, know more than the founding member? That's rich....
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:38 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Amen! Especially when one of them is saying to make it happen. The fans want it, DDY wants it. The only ones that don't want it are TS/JY, Monkey, and Boomer.


I never said that I didn't want a reunion. I said that I'm not looking for a disingenuous reunion. That is fake and I'm sure it would show. Not to mention that the reunion already happened and failed to work out long term. Hence proving that the issues and\or the underlying feelings they have about each other resurfaced. Get a grip on reality. Some things just are not meant to be. Be glad that DDY has been able to carve out a good solo career and that you can still go to see him perform. Hopefully, we will even get one more album of new material from him.


Again, its quite audacious of you, some meaningless fan who is clueless about the situation, to have more of a grip on this than the band's founding member who fucking LIVED it. Thanks, but I'll take the desires of the guy who was part of the band and wants the reunion than you.

When DeYoung says, "No I don't want to go back with them." THEN you can make your argument. But as long as he wants to reunite, I don't see how it is your place to say, "No it shouldn't happen."
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:59 am

Toph wrote:
So you, a fan, know more than the founding member? That's rich....


What the hell are you going on about? You need a reality check. But it seems that is not possible for you. Perhaps you need more factual information to help you understand reality. Every single time I have heard Dennis talk about wanting a reunion with Styx he has always clarified that it is NOT up to HIM. Does that make any logical sense to you. Then you have the fact that NOBODY in the Styx camp has said anything about a possible reunion with DDY. In fact, it's been just the opposite. I'm sure that I am not going out on a limb to say that JY's feelings about it hasn't changed at all. He clearly is of the mindset that at some point in their history together, Styx became more about what DDY wanted then anything else. So if he holds that opinion then I cannot see why he would want to go back to such a situation. Having said that, I'm not saying that I totally agree with that observation. Then you have Chuck. Initially he made rumblings that he would be open to a reunion. Then later on he back peddled and stated that he was OK with how things are now. As far as TS goes, his position is unclear since to the best of my knowledge he has not said much what he thinks about it. They have been able to maintain a lucrative business without DDY. So it just may be their feelings to not "rock the boat".
Last edited by Boomchild on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:12 am

Toph wrote:Again, its quite audacious of you, some meaningless fan who is clueless about the situation, to have more of a grip on this than the band's founding member who fucking LIVED it. Thanks, but I'll take the desires of the guy who was part of the band and wants the reunion than you.

When DeYoung says, "No I don't want to go back with them." THEN you can make your argument. But as long as he wants to reunite, I don't see how it is your place to say, "No it shouldn't happen."


You really are clueless. Sure DDY wants a reunion. But as he has said he is not in control of that. There are three other people that are involved. In nut shell they are saying it's not going to happen. I am not the one saying that, THEY are. What I am saying is that I see no point in a reunion that is a farce. Meaning that they are reuniting for a reason other then that they have resolved their differences and truly want to perform together. If you cannot compute that then I can't help you.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby ztyxlynne » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 am

Do I want a full reunion? Yes. Is it going to happen? Doubtful. Right now I would be happy with just Tommy,Dennis talking. Maybe having Dennis on the stage one time and acknowledging what he did. I dont carw if its a concert or on Fallon. Just be friends. That's what I think alot of people want.
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:28 am

ztyxlynne wrote:Do I want a full reunion? Yes. Is it going to happen? Doubtful. Right now I would be happy with just Tommy,Dennis talking. Maybe having Dennis on the stage one time and acknowledging what he did. I dont carw if its a concert or on Fallon. Just be friends. That's what I think alot of people want.


I think fans would like to see them resolve their differences and come together again. Even if it wasn't something long term. Anything short of that really isn't a reunion. I think that DDY's former band mates do acknowledge what DDY did in Styx. It's just that they have moved on and wish to focus on the current incarnation of the band. Some are OK with it while others are not. I accept it for what it is. You can't turn back the clock and have a "do over". I try to focus on what I enjoy. Which is still going to see DDY perform when I can and hope that he puts out some new material before he decides to hang it up.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby yogi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:47 pm

You can never get a TOTAL 'do over' but you can get a type of 'do over' that most are always happy that they got.

When the 'do over' is impossible is after someone dies. Then its too late and the regrets last forever.

They could do their 'do over' with Gowan remaining an active member. The one thing I truly believe from reading between the lines is that Dennis would be open to pretty much any type of 'do over'. In this regards he is truly wise beyond his years. He's the one who is smart enough to realize that there is major mileage on all of them. He's also the one that seems to realize at some point before too long a 'do over' will become impossible and there will be regrets.
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:40 pm

yogi wrote:You can never get a TOTAL 'do over' but you can get a type of 'do over' that most are always happy that they got.

When the 'do over' is impossible is after someone dies. Then its too late and the regrets last forever.

They could do their 'do over' with Gowan remaining an active member. The one thing I truly believe from reading between the lines is that Dennis would be open to pretty much any type of 'do over'. In this regards he is truly wise beyond his years. He's the one who is smart enough to realize that there is major mileage on all of them. He's also the one that seems to realize at some point before too long a 'do over' will become impossible and there will be regrets.


Saying that there will be regrets is an assumption. I doubt anyone here can assert that the others would have regrets. I doubt that any of them(JY,TS,CP) regret the decision they made back in '99.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:32 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Again, its quite audacious of you, some meaningless fan who is clueless about the situation, to have more of a grip on this than the band's founding member who fucking LIVED it. Thanks, but I'll take the desires of the guy who was part of the band and wants the reunion than you.

When DeYoung says, "No I don't want to go back with them." THEN you can make your argument. But as long as he wants to reunite, I don't see how it is your place to say, "No it shouldn't happen."


You really are clueless. Sure DDY wants a reunion. But as he has said he is not in control of that. There are three other people that are involved. In nut shell they are saying it's not going to happen. I am not the one saying that, THEY are. What I am saying is that I see no point in a reunion that is a farce. Meaning that they are reuniting for a reason other then that they have resolved their differences and truly want to perform together. If you cannot compute that then I can't help you.



No, it is you who are clueless and cannot compute this. Look, you are trying to say that you know more than DDY. You, in your worldly mind (and btw Boomer the holier than thou approach is really wearing thin...) believe that Styx should not be bad together. You have one member who was the main part of the band who does. Now, if DDY was out there, saying, "Yes, we are better apart. Let's not go back into this.." that would be one thing. But he's not. So, until he says that statement (or something to that effect), that means he wants to reunite. If he wants to reunite and the fans want them to reunite then its shortsighted and downright stupid of JY et al to be so bull headed. Its DDY's fucking band for goodness sake.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:37 am

Boomchild wrote:
yogi wrote:You can never get a TOTAL 'do over' but you can get a type of 'do over' that most are always happy that they got.

When the 'do over' is impossible is after someone dies. Then its too late and the regrets last forever.

They could do their 'do over' with Gowan remaining an active member. The one thing I truly believe from reading between the lines is that Dennis would be open to pretty much any type of 'do over'. In this regards he is truly wise beyond his years. He's the one who is smart enough to realize that there is major mileage on all of them. He's also the one that seems to realize at some point before too long a 'do over' will become impossible and there will be regrets.


Saying that there will be regrets is an assumption. I doubt anyone here can assert that the others would have regrets. I doubt that any of them(JY,TS,CP) regret the decision they made back in '99.


Again, the all-knowing Boom-idiot strikes again. You have no fucking clue - so stop acting like you do. I'm sure they have regrets. Maybe they regret not being a headliner. Maybe they regret that they couldn't make it work and the opportunity cost associated with that. Maybe they regret that "Love At First Sight" from 19 fucking 91 will be the last Styx song to hit the national charts. The fact of the matter is NONE of us really know. What we do know is DDY wants to have some type of reunion. He's said it publicly. We also know that JY has been the horse's ass in this scenario and refuses to do anything. And for some reason, JY, the least talented and the one that has made minimal contribution to the band's historical success, calls the shots. That's all that is known. DDY wants a reunion. If he wants a reunion, so do I.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby gr8dane » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Again, its quite audacious of you, some meaningless fan who is clueless about the situation, to have more of a grip on this than the band's founding member who fucking LIVED it. Thanks, but I'll take the desires of the guy who was part of the band and wants the reunion than you.

When DeYoung says, "No I don't want to go back with them." THEN you can make your argument. But as long as he wants to reunite, I don't see how it is your place to say, "No it shouldn't happen."


You really are clueless. Sure DDY wants a reunion. But as he has said he is not in control of that. There are three other people that are involved. In nut shell they are saying it's not going to happen. I am not the one saying that, THEY are. What I am saying is that I see no point in a reunion that is a farce. Meaning that they are reuniting for a reason other then that they have resolved their differences and truly want to perform together. If you cannot compute that then I can't help you.



No, it is you who are clueless and cannot compute this. Look, you are trying to say that you know more than DDY. You, in your worldly mind (and btw Boomer the holier than thou approach is really wearing thin...) believe that Styx should not be bad together. You have one member who was the main part of the band who does. Now, if DDY was out there, saying, "Yes, we are better apart. Let's not go back into this.." that would be one thing. But he's not. So, until he says that statement (or something to that effect), that means he wants to reunite. If he wants to reunite and the fans want them to reunite then its shortsighted and downright stupid of JY et al to be so bull headed. Its DDY's fucking band for goodness sake.


The fans that go and see Styx these days,seem quite happy, and Dennis not being there is not an issue.
Those fans are the ones Styx cater to.They are not aiming to please the dennis fans. Capish ?
Only dennis fans like you, thinks Styx is his band.

Why don't you put on Return To Paradise and have a good wank. :lol:
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2642
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Next

Return to Styx

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests