Fallon

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:55 pm

Toph wrote:No, it is you who are clueless and cannot compute this. Look, you are trying to say that you know more than DDY. You, in your worldly mind (and btw Boomer the holier than thou approach is really wearing thin...) believe that Styx should not be bad together. You have one member who was the main part of the band who does. Now, if DDY was out there, saying, "Yes, we are better apart. Let's not go back into this.." that would be one thing. But he's not. So, until he says that statement (or something to that effect), that means he wants to reunite. If he wants to reunite and the fans want them to reunite then its shortsighted and downright stupid of JY et al to be so bull headed. Its DDY's fucking band for goodness sake.


This premise that I am saying I know more then DDY is a fabrication in your own mind. I'm not the one saying things like "Its DDY's fucking band for goodness sake". I doubt that even DDY would make such a statement. Why don't you ask him directly to clarify such an assertion. Sure he is ONE of the founding members of the band. No one would contest that. But, that's one NOT ALL. How the lawsuit he brought ended up only strengthens the FACT that it wasn't just his band. The point is that it is NOT UP TO DDY as he HIMSELF as said many times. What you cannot seem to get through your thick skull is that it's more then just what the SOME fans and DDY want. Going by what the others have said and continue to say a reunion with DDY is not going to happen. So I am going by what people other then DDY have said about it. People that would be key into making such a reunion happen. DDY can wish all he wants but that isn't going to make it a reality. Obviously, you are looking at this situation form a one dimensional point of view. Which if you want to talk about being clueless, that's a casebook example. A reunion would be nice to see but based on what 3 of the four involved have to say about it, it's most likely not going to happen. They would have to resolve their differences with each other. Based on their history together that seems very, very unlikely.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:24 am

Toph wrote:What we do know is DDY wants to have some type of reunion. He's said it publicly. We also know that JY has been the horse's ass in this scenario and refuses to do anything. And for some reason, JY, the least talented and the one that has made minimal contribution to the band's historical success, calls the shots. That's all that is known. DDY wants a reunion. If he wants a reunion, so do I.


It's this attitude where the band could look at things and realizes that they are better off without Dennis. If Dennis believes it's "his band", that he can demand a reunion and get his way, and seemingly be in control of everything....I would expect everybody currently in Styx to run in the opposite direction. They no longer have to deal with such an arrogant and narcissist personality in the band...and there is no good reason to go back to allowing it in the band again.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:09 am

Monker wrote:It's this attitude where the band could look at things and realizes that they are better off without Dennis. If Dennis believes it's "his band", that he can demand a reunion and get his way, and seemingly be in control of everything....I would expect everybody currently in Styx to run in the opposite direction. They no longer have to deal with such an arrogant and narcissist personality in the band...and there is no good reason to go back to allowing it in the band again.


This "It's DDY's band" is in the mind of Toph. I sincerely doubt that even DDY would go so far as to claim such complete ownership. If that were the case then his statement of "It's not up to me" wouldn't make sense. This kind of attitude from a fan wouldn't encourage me to try form a reunion. It's like the only person that really matters is the guy that is no longer in the band.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby masque » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:06 am

ztyxlynne wrote:Do I want a full reunion? Yes. Is it going to happen? Doubtful. Right now I would be happy with just Tommy,Dennis talking. Maybe having Dennis on the stage one time and acknowledging what he did. I dont carw if its a concert or on Fallon. Just be friends. That's what I think alot of people want.


yes I would prefer to know they are friends and that would help.....but it would never be fully satisfying......the best case of that being proof for me is which david gilmour and roger waters, who have certainly become much more friendly than anyone could have ever imagined.....but there is 0% chance of them ever reuniting to do an album or work together again and this still saddens me.
masque
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Fallon

Postby masque » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:09 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Again, its quite audacious of you, some meaningless fan who is clueless about the situation, to have more of a grip on this than the band's founding member who fucking LIVED it. Thanks, but I'll take the desires of the guy who was part of the band and wants the reunion than you.

When DeYoung says, "No I don't want to go back with them." THEN you can make your argument. But as long as he wants to reunite, I don't see how it is your place to say, "No it shouldn't happen."


You really are clueless. Sure DDY wants a reunion. But as he has said he is not in control of that. There are three other people that are involved. In nut shell they are saying it's not going to happen. I am not the one saying that, THEY are. What I am saying is that I see no point in a reunion that is a farce. Meaning that they are reuniting for a reason other then that they have resolved their differences and truly want to perform together. If you cannot compute that then I can't help you.



No, it is you who are clueless and cannot compute this. Look, you are trying to say that you know more than DDY. You, in your worldly mind (and btw Boomer the holier than thou approach is really wearing thin...) believe that Styx should not be bad together. You have one member who was the main part of the band who does. Now, if DDY was out there, saying, "Yes, we are better apart. Let's not go back into this.." that would be one thing. But he's not. So, until he says that statement (or something to that effect), that means he wants to reunite. If he wants to reunite and the fans want them to reunite then its shortsighted and downright stupid of JY et al to be so bull headed. Its DDY's fucking band for goodness sake.



with all due respect, if it were DDY's band, then they wouldnt be trudging on as "styx" would they?
masque
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:25 am

gr8dane wrote:
Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

You really are clueless. Sure DDY wants a reunion. But as he has said he is not in control of that. There are three other people that are involved. In nut shell they are saying it's not going to happen. I am not the one saying that, THEY are. What I am saying is that I see no point in a reunion that is a farce. Meaning that they are reuniting for a reason other then that they have resolved their differences and truly want to perform together. If you cannot compute that then I can't help you.



No, it is you who are clueless and cannot compute this. Look, you are trying to say that you know more than DDY. You, in your worldly mind (and btw Boomer the holier than thou approach is really wearing thin...) believe that Styx should not be bad together. You have one member who was the main part of the band who does. Now, if DDY was out there, saying, "Yes, we are better apart. Let's not go back into this.." that would be one thing. But he's not. So, until he says that statement (or something to that effect), that means he wants to reunite. If he wants to reunite and the fans want them to reunite then its shortsighted and downright stupid of JY et al to be so bull headed. Its DDY's fucking band for goodness sake.


The fans that go and see Styx these days,seem quite happy, and Dennis not being there is not an issue.
Those fans are the ones Styx cater to.They are not aiming to please the dennis fans. Capish ?
Only dennis fans like you, thinks Styx is his band.

Why don't you put on Return To Paradise and have a good wank. :lol:


You mean the 1500 that go to their shows unless they are the opener for a bigger band? Those fans?
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:26 am

Toph wrote:You mean the 1500 that go to their shows unless they are the opener for a bigger band? Those fans?


The reality of this whole discussion is that the amount of "fans" that even care about a reunion is small. Apparently not enough to sway TS,JY and CP from making any changes. If you have numbers to prove otherwise, I suggest that you show evidence of that. You need to get over it. From ALL appearances, they have no intentions of bringing DDY back in any shape or form. You may not like it. I may not like it. DDY may not like it. But that is reality. I would go as far to say that even DDY does not give as much time and thought to this as much as you do.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Monker » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 am

Toph wrote:You mean the 1500 that go to their shows unless they are the opener for a bigger band? Those fans?


You know, it's funny....those 1500 + the 500 that DDY would bring really doesn't make much incentive for a reunion.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Fallon

Postby masque » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:29 pm

^ that's been my point all along. they caught lightning in a bottle again in 96, it was awesome. I feel lucky to have seen it four times when it happened.

but who and what they are now is what it is. even if DDY were back with them, it really wouldnt change a whole lot for them. they would still get the second slot on a def lep tour with tesla opening. they all of a sudden wouldnt be headlining outdoor sheds again.....those days are gone and its OK they are.

to me it is amazing that the band can still set up and play and draw 1500-3000, depending on the market on their own and still get paid $55,000-$75,000 per night to play music after 46 years of a being a band and 33 years after their main heyday. I tip my hat to them and it's also great to see DDY still get out there and play the schedule he prefers.

current styx and DDY are very lucky to still be able to make a legitimate living off their business.
masque
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:06 am

masque wrote:^ that's been my point all along. they caught lightning in a bottle again in 96, it was awesome. I feel lucky to have seen it four times when it happened.


Agree. Even if they were to reunite with DDY I doubt you would see that same level of enthusiasm now.

masque wrote:but who and what they are now is what it is. even if DDY were back with them, it really wouldnt change a whole lot for them. they would still get the second slot on a def lep tour with tesla opening. they all of a sudden wouldnt be headlining outdoor sheds again.....those days are gone and its OK they are.


If DDY was back in the fold I doubt that they would be touring as much. It seems to me that DDY would not want to commit to such a rigid touring schedule like they have now. In fact that may be one of the reasons they chose to move on without him.

masque wrote:current styx and DDY are very lucky to still be able to make a legitimate living off their business.


This is very true. It's something that I think DDY is very aware of and thankful that people still want to see him perform. He seems very content with it and is not being bitter at the situation.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue May 03, 2016 6:04 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:You mean the 1500 that go to their shows unless they are the opener for a bigger band? Those fans?


The reality of this whole discussion is that the amount of "fans" that even care about a reunion is small. Apparently not enough to sway TS,JY and CP from making any changes. If you have numbers to prove otherwise, I suggest that you show evidence of that. You need to get over it. From ALL appearances, they have no intentions of bringing DDY back in any shape or form. You may not like it. I may not like it. DDY may not like it. But that is reality. I would go as far to say that even DDY does not give as much time and thought to this as much as you do.


You know, you were actually making a coherent argument until your last line. But alas, the idiot police stepped in. DDY definitely wants a reunion and gives it a lot of time trying/wanting to make it happen. He sees the Fallon bit as a way to bring the band back, even for a short reunion. I know this for a fact.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue May 03, 2016 6:08 am

Boomchild wrote:
masque wrote:^ that's been my point all along. they caught lightning in a bottle again in 96, it was awesome. I feel lucky to have seen it four times when it happened.


Agree. Even if they were to reunite with DDY I doubt you would see that same level of enthusiasm now.

masque wrote:but who and what they are now is what it is. even if DDY were back with them, it really wouldnt change a whole lot for them. they would still get the second slot on a def lep tour with tesla opening. they all of a sudden wouldnt be headlining outdoor sheds again.....those days are gone and its OK they are.


If DDY was back in the fold I doubt that they would be touring as much. It seems to me that DDY would not want to commit to such a rigid touring schedule like they have now. In fact that may be one of the reasons they chose to move on without him.

masque wrote:current styx and DDY are very lucky to still be able to make a legitimate living off their business.


This is very true. It's something that I think DDY is very aware of and thankful that people still want to see him perform. He seems very content with it and is not being bitter at the situation.


What level of enthusiasm? They are phoning it in. TS has much more enthusiasm for his bluegrass project.

Maybe they don't need to be touring as much. They can't headline anything anymore beyond a local theater or rib fest.

And again, because you DON'T know Boomer, DDY, while happy with his band, desperately wants to see reunite for one more go around.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:57 am

I'm with Gr8, Boomer and Monker (shocking, isn't it?)....I don't want to see a reunion and doubt very much that it would happen anyways :?
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
User avatar
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:15 am
Location: Sweet Home Chicago

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Tue May 03, 2016 9:32 am

Toph wrote:You know, you were actually making a coherent argument until your last line. But alas, the idiot police stepped in. DDY definitely wants a reunion and gives it a lot of time trying/wanting to make it happen. He sees the Fallon bit as a way to bring the band back, even for a short reunion. I know this for a fact.


A lot of time wanting and trying? Give me a break. All he has done is let it be known that he would like a reunion when someone asks about it. Your are just over stating DDY's so called effort. He has been stating since the day he got booted he would like to be asked back. You always seem to IGNORE the key to this WHOLE discussion. That's a clear sign of idiocy. It's not within DDY's control to make it happen. Judging from the others saying that it's not going to happen and\or the dead air to DDY's pleas, it's not going to happen.
Last edited by Boomchild on Tue May 03, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Tue May 03, 2016 9:50 am

Toph wrote:What level of enthusiasm? They are phoning it in. TS has much more enthusiasm for his bluegrass project.


You must have very poor comprehension skills. When I say enthusiasm I'm talking about enthusiasm from fans. Not the band's playing effort.

Toph wrote:Maybe they don't need to be touring as much. They can't headline anything anymore beyond a local theater or rib fest.


Maybe this... and maybe that... It doesn't matter. They are doing what THEY want to do. Which was one of the reasons they decided to move on without DDY. Also, they wouldn't be continuing to do it if it wasn't profitable. Once again, you may not like it, I may not like it and DDY may not like it. But guess what genius? There isn't a damn thing any of the aforementioned can do about it. DDY made an attempt with his lawsuit and had to settle for what has become reality.

Toph wrote:And again, because you DON'T know Boomer, DDY, while happy with his band, desperately wants to see reunite for one more go around.


I never contested what DDY wants or is hoping for. However, what he wants doesn't make it a reality. To clarify it for you, I will quote JY's comments about it from BTM. "Maybe when they are playing ice hockey over the river Styx".
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Monker » Tue May 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:What level of enthusiasm? They are phoning it in. TS has much more enthusiasm for his bluegrass project.


You must have very poor comprehension skills. When I say enthusiasm I'm talking about enthusiasm from fans. Not the band's playing effort.

Toph wrote:Maybe they don't need to be touring as much. They can't headline anything anymore beyond a local theater or rib fest.


Maybe this... and maybe that... It doesn't matter. They are doing what THEY want to do. Which was one of the reasons they decided to move on without DDY. Also, they wouldn't be continuing to do it if it wasn't profitable. Once again, you may not like it, I may not like it and DDY may not like it. But guess what genius? There isn't a damn thing any of the aforementioned can do about it. DDY made an attempt with his lawsuit and had to settle for what has become reality.

Toph wrote:And again, because you DON'T know Boomer, DDY, while happy with his band, desperately wants to see reunite for one more go around.


I never contested what DDY wants or is hoping for. However, what he wants doesn't make it a reality. To clarify it for you, I will quote JY's comments about it from BTM. "Maybe when they are playing ice hockey over the river Styx".


Obviously, Toph has either exchanged words with DDY himself, or someone who represents him....and everything he says is the direct opinion of DDY himself.

DDY desperately wants to reunited with Styx.

So what. What does that sentence change?

It seems to me that it makes DDY seem like a very weak and disturbed person who can't face the reality that he will never be a part of Styx again. If it's not the direct opinion of DDY then it is really Toph doing exactly the same thing.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue May 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:It's this attitude where the band could look at things and realizes that they are better off without Dennis. If Dennis believes it's "his band", that he can demand a reunion and get his way, and seemingly be in control of everything....I would expect everybody currently in Styx to run in the opposite direction. They no longer have to deal with such an arrogant and narcissist personality in the band...and there is no good reason to go back to allowing it in the band again.


This "It's DDY's band" is in the mind of Toph. I sincerely doubt that even DDY would go so far as to claim such complete ownership. If that were the case then his statement of "It's not up to me" wouldn't make sense. This kind of attitude from a fan wouldn't encourage me to try form a reunion. It's like the only person that really matters is the guy that is no longer in the band.



It's is his fucking band. He's responsible for 90% of its success.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue May 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:You know, you were actually making a coherent argument until your last line. But alas, the idiot police stepped in. DDY definitely wants a reunion and gives it a lot of time trying/wanting to make it happen. He sees the Fallon bit as a way to bring the band back, even for a short reunion. I know this for a fact.


A lot of time wanting and trying? Give me a break. All he has done is let it be known that he would like a reunion when someone asks about it. Your are just over stating DDY's so called effort. He has been stating since the day he got booted he would like to be asked back. You always seem to IGNORE the key to this WHOLE discussion. That's a clear sign of idiocy. It's not within DDY's control to make it happen. Judging from the others saying that it's not going to happen and\or the dead air to DDY's pleas, it's not going to happen.


You don't have a clue. You realize how stupid you sound trying to be the expert when you have ZERO idea what is going on behind the scenes? Don't speak like you have a clue. You don't.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue May 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:What level of enthusiasm? They are phoning it in. TS has much more enthusiasm for his bluegrass project.


You must have very poor comprehension skills. When I say enthusiasm I'm talking about enthusiasm from fans. Not the band's playing effort.

Toph wrote:Maybe they don't need to be touring as much. They can't headline anything anymore beyond a local theater or rib fest.


Maybe this... and maybe that... It doesn't matter. They are doing what THEY want to do. Which was one of the reasons they decided to move on without DDY. Also, they wouldn't be continuing to do it if it wasn't profitable. Once again, you may not like it, I may not like it and DDY may not like it. But guess what genius? There isn't a damn thing any of the aforementioned can do about it. DDY made an attempt with his lawsuit and had to settle for what has become reality.

Toph wrote:And again, because you DON'T know Boomer, DDY, while happy with his band, desperately wants to see reunite for one more go around.


I never contested what DDY wants or is hoping for. However, what he wants doesn't make it a reality. To clarify it for you, I will quote JY's comments about it from BTM. "Maybe when they are playing ice hockey over the river Styx".


Again you're a "fan" - stop acting like you are in the know because you aren't. Some of us are. Not you.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Tue May 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Monker wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:What level of enthusiasm? They are phoning it in. TS has much more enthusiasm for his bluegrass project.


You must have very poor comprehension skills. When I say enthusiasm I'm talking about enthusiasm from fans. Not the band's playing effort.

Toph wrote:Maybe they don't need to be touring as much. They can't headline anything anymore beyond a local theater or rib fest.


Maybe this... and maybe that... It doesn't matter. They are doing what THEY want to do. Which was one of the reasons they decided to move on without DDY. Also, they wouldn't be continuing to do it if it wasn't profitable. Once again, you may not like it, I may not like it and DDY may not like it. But guess what genius? There isn't a damn thing any of the aforementioned can do about it. DDY made an attempt with his lawsuit and had to settle for what has become reality.

Toph wrote:And again, because you DON'T know Boomer, DDY, while happy with his band, desperately wants to see reunite for one more go around.


I never contested what DDY wants or is hoping for. However, what he wants doesn't make it a reality. To clarify it for you, I will quote JY's comments about it from BTM. "Maybe when they are playing ice hockey over the river Styx".


Obviously, Toph has either exchanged words with DDY himself, or someone who represents him....and everything he says is the direct opinion of DDY himself.

DDY desperately wants to reunited with Styx.

So what. What does that sentence change?

It seems to me that it makes DDY seem like a very weak and disturbed person who can't face the reality that he will never be a part of Styx again. If it's not the direct opinion of DDY then it is really Toph doing exactly the same thing.


Oh good, now we hear from the true brilliant mind on this board. Someone else who portends to have all the answers but is merely a "fan" who especially in monkey boys case is dillusional. You have no clue.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Wed May 04, 2016 12:36 am

Toph wrote:It's is his fucking band. He's responsible for 90% of its success.


How about coming back to reality. The band is a business in which they had agreements which made it a partnership. None of them had SOLE ownership of the entity. Regardless of who's ideas and material was most prominent. If that was the measure for actual ownership then the lawsuit DDY brought against his former band mates would have ended up much differently. The fact that you cannot grasp this point is nothing short of astonishing.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Wed May 04, 2016 12:39 am

Toph wrote:You don't have a clue. You realize how stupid you sound trying to be the expert when you have ZERO idea what is going on behind the scenes? Don't speak like you have a clue. You don't.


This response implies that you must be privy to this "behind the scenes" stuff. What are the specifics? Somehow this seems to be just more of you talking out of your ass.
Last edited by Boomchild on Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Wed May 04, 2016 12:48 am

Toph wrote:Again you're a "fan" - stop acting like you are in the know because you aren't. Some of us are. Not you.


To date you have only regurgitated that Dennis wants a reunion. We all know that and we all know that the rest of them have said they are not interested. There has been no evidence that there have been talks between them. So from a public perspective NOTHING has changed between them. If you are privy to information that has not been made public, then by all means educate us. Otherwise, as I said above, your talking out of your ass.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby Monker » Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 am

Toph,

You are honestly coming across like a crazed sociopath who is mirroring DDY's arrogance and self-importance. With this representation of DDY that you represent, I hope the rest of the band stays FAR AWAY from him and the fans you represent. His isolation from the band has obviously taught him, and his fans, absolutely nothing. I have to wonder if he reads these notes and if he wants your support at all

Nobody is even really arguing against your constant obsession that DDY wants a reunion. All anybody is saying is that nobody else in the band wants it. Your insanity, which represents DDY, is the biggest reason why they want to stay far, far away from his relentless control, arrogance, manipulation, and general narcissist behavior. There is no reason for them to ever want to deal with that ever again.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Re: Fallon

Postby masque » Wed May 04, 2016 5:54 am

toph, you're a trip dude.......I agree that you are acting damn near insane......unless of course you are some social genius and purely sitting back having a good laugh at the shit you stir up.

it's either that or you are actually a member of DDY's family, posing as a dumbass or maybe not posing, just showing us how silly you really are.


either way, most times I find you to be a fun little diversion, kind of like going home to play with a puppy after work. so thank you for the entertainment you bring to my life.

and even though we are all members of this board together, I want to publicly say that you are easily responsible for 90% of our success..... 8)
masque
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:17 am

Re: Fallon

Postby Boomchild » Wed May 04, 2016 6:58 am

Monker wrote:Toph,

You are honestly coming across like a crazed sociopath who is mirroring DDY's arrogance and self-importance. With this representation of DDY that you represent, I hope the rest of the band stays FAR AWAY from him and the fans you represent. His isolation from the band has obviously taught him, and his fans, absolutely nothing. I have to wonder if he reads these notes and if he wants your support at all

Nobody is even really arguing against your constant obsession that DDY wants a reunion. All anybody is saying is that nobody else in the band wants it. Your insanity, which represents DDY, is the biggest reason why they want to stay far, far away from his relentless control, arrogance, manipulation, and general narcissist behavior. There is no reason for them to ever want to deal with that ever again.


This far more about Toph's exaggeration of DDY's efforts to spawn a reunion. Dennis has occasionally mentioned that he would be open to it but it isn't up to him. It's usually when he asked about it. With how over the top Toph is about it, you would think that DDY is holding press conferences on the matter.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Fallon

Postby yogi » Wed May 04, 2016 11:07 am

Quit fighting. ALLLLLLLLL of us Styx nerds should be sooooooooo damn proud that this cool guy from an even cooler TV show has shown OUR band some love.

I'm sure that growing up like me, most people thought that you too were the 'epitome of cool' until they found out that you were a huge Styx fan. Ive been wrestling with this since the 3rd grade.
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: Fallon

Postby ztyxlynne » Thu May 05, 2016 2:52 am

yogi wrote:Quit fighting. ALLLLLLLLL of us Styx nerds should be sooooooooo damn proud that this cool guy from an even cooler TV show has shown OUR band some love.

I'm sure that growing up like me, most people thought that you too were the 'epitome of cool' until they found out that you were a huge Styx fan. Ive been wrestling with this since the 3rd grade.


Amen!!!
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Thu May 05, 2016 3:02 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:It's is his fucking band. He's responsible for 90% of its success.


How about coming back to reality. The band is a business in which they had agreements which made it a partnership. None of them had SOLE ownership of the entity. Regardless of who's ideas and material was most prominent. If that was the measure for actual ownership then the lawsuit DDY brought against his former band mates would have ended up much differently. The fact that you cannot grasp this point is nothing short of astonishing.



You really have no clue, do you? I am privy to the facts in the lawsuit and Styx did have to pay in a big way (and still do, BTW) Yet, DDY still wants to reunite. Why do you think that is Shaw-fan boy?
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: Fallon

Postby Toph » Thu May 05, 2016 3:04 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Again you're a "fan" - stop acting like you are in the know because you aren't. Some of us are. Not you.


To date you have only regurgitated that Dennis wants a reunion. We all know that and we all know that the rest of them have said they are not interested. There has been no evidence that there have been talks between them. So from a public perspective NOTHING has changed between them. If you are privy to information that has not been made public, then by all means educate us. Otherwise, as I said above, your talking out of your ass.


If you only knew....but you don't...so stop acting like you do.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

PreviousNext

Return to Styx

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest