Jimmy Fallon recreates Too Much Time Music Video

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Jimmy Fallon recreates Too Much Time Music Video

Postby Toph » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:42 am

StyxCollector wrote:
Toph wrote:
Ah yes, Allen Hurt..Nice to hear from you again. You know, when you only put out half the story my friend, there are many in some circles that don't like that. You know who they are. And the reason why you haven't posted as much and have lost interest is because you've been cut off. Because you only tell half the story.

You think you are so brilliant and so smart because you used to have a stupid website at one point? Give it up dude! You're nothing!

But nice to see you come out of your cave and make and appearance here....Too bad its not 1993 anymore and you could have some degree of relevance.

Yup. I'm totally cut off from both camps and have been totally out of touch with both sides these past few years (rolling eyes). Thanks for the laugh.

Did you ever think for once in your mind that people can move on and something that was really important to them is less so now? Wait, sorry, no, because you're acting like it's still 1999.

Were you at the Tommy show in Cleveland last night? Of course not. I was. Fantastic show, and I won't really talk about it here because it would devolve into the same BS that has happened here for the past 17 effin' years.

Keep the flame burning, though. Maybe someday it will consume you completely.

Oh, and to keep this on topic: both camps did not really gain much from Fallon's exposure. You got a blog post from Styx and a few FB posts from Dennis ... and the buzz died on the vine. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Wrong again Allen baby! Rerun again last night on Fallon.

As far as Shaw and the CYO. No, I didn't see it. I was involved in more important business. But I did see the setlist. Looks like it was quite the "rock" show for a guy that all he wants to do is rock... :roll:

I appreciate to you wanting me to burn up. I know you wish it was 1995 again and people actually came to visit your pathetic little Styx website.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:43 am

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:
You are now trying to discredit people (Zan, Allen, Sterling) who have well known and documented connections to the band...While you have NO documented connection to the band, you have presented NO relevant Styx info, and worst of all - you blatantly contradict DDY's public statements...which means you either don't know what you are talking about or DDY lies to the public.

Yep, that's it in a nut shell.

I know plenty and DDY is not a liar. That's reserved for your hero. How's the bathwater taste today?
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:43 am

Boomchild wrote:
masque wrote:[
come on toph you should be smarter than this.....common sense would indicate that if they weren't making money they would still be touring for the last fifteen years......would you run your business at a loss or just sit back and live on the profits that DDY made you if you could choose? the fact they still tour every single year by default indicates that they are making money.

and I have personally been involved with two different promoters and have seen the checks written to the band's management for them to perform.....and I can promise you that unless they have tubs of cocaine on the bus they are for sure making money.

but of course, i'm not in the know.

Toph's, responses make no logical or rational sense. Toph has been called out on his claim and now Toph's back is against the wall. Toph is exhibiting the classic behavior of someone who has been caught in a LIE and is unable to escape the fallout.

Keep believing that Polly boy.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:44 am

yogi wrote:Just finished reading ' The Encyclopedia of Everything Styx' by Jeffery Poth

IMO Poth is Toph backwards - pig latin.

The book has a definite slant to put DDY in a positive light. For instance on page 214 I had no idea that in late 1976 Dennis saved Tommy & JY's life in armed stickup at a car wash. He also rescued John and Chucks cat back in 1966.

You can order the book from amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com Its longer than 'The Grand Delusion and Chuck's book. For me it was an enjoyable read and overall Poth aka Toph did a good job.

SP- Who would of ever thought that Dennis would attend his daughters graduation wearing his roboto mask. Also to find out that Tommy would go bowling and have his name on the board as Jonathan Chance does make me think that he was NOT as anti Kilroy as he led us to believe.

You're usually funny about 10 % of the time. This is clearly in the 90% bucket.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:00 am

Toph wrote:So in other words, you don't know. You also don't know how much Dennis makes for every show that they do, do you?

That's what I thought.

You are your own worst enemy. With each response you increasingly show your lack of basic business principles. This response is a classic. Let say for the sake of the argument, Dennis does get a sizable amount of the profit from each show they do. Then subtract the actual costs to do the shows as well as the salaries they are paying to Gowan, Ricky and Todd. If there was not a sizable profit left over after all of that they wouldn't be still doing the shows after 10+ years running it at a loss. Your inference that Dennis takes a significant portion of the proceeds only supports the point that they are running very profitable tours. They certainly wouldn't be doing it if it was being done at a loss and benefiting DDY more then tnemselves. Get a clue moron. Polly wanna cracker?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:57 am

I'm damn funny. Who do you thinks writing all of DDY's and Kevin Cronin's material when they interact with their audience?
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby pinkfloyd1973 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:36 pm

yogi wrote:I'm damn funny. Who do you thinks writing all of DDY's and Kevin Cronin's material when they interact with their audience?

Yogi for President, 2016 :wink:
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."
pinkfloyd1973
Cassette Tape

Postby gr8dane » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:48 am

Toph wrote:
yogi wrote:Just finished reading ' The Encyclopedia of Everything Styx' by Jeffery Poth

IMO Poth is Toph backwards - pig latin.

The book has a definite slant to put DDY in a positive light. For instance on page 214 I had no idea that in late 1976 Dennis saved Tommy & JY's life in armed stickup at a car wash. He also rescued John and Chucks cat back in 1966.

You can order the book from amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com Its longer than 'The Grand Delusion and Chuck's book. For me it was an enjoyable read and overall Poth aka Toph did a good job.

SP- Who would of ever thought that Dennis would attend his daughters graduation wearing his roboto mask. Also to find out that Tommy would go bowling and have his name on the board as Jonathan Chance does make me think that he was NOT as anti Kilroy as he led us to believe.

You're usually funny about 10 % of the time. This is clearly in the 90% bucket.

And you are funny almost 100% of the time,but clearly isn't aware of it. 8)
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby yogi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:36 am

I've gone almost silent at home since my wife made the comment 9 years ago that: 'I was funny, back in 1988.' That one hurt.

Since then I basically only speak when spoken to, to my kids, and through Dennis,Kevin and this website.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Archetype » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:39 am

All it takes is adhering to the revolutionary and brilliant Juche philosophy provided to us by Eternal Leader comrade Kim Il Sung to avoid these silly quarrels.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:56 pm

pinkfloyd1973 wrote:
Monker wrote:
So what. Maybe PinkFloyd dude can verify, but I bet Syd wanted to reunite with Pink Floyd. But, there is no sense in allowing "crazy" back into the band. Maybe DDY should shave all of his body hair off and show up backstage some day. Maybe he'll have more luck than Syd did. Funny how Syd seemed to believe he never was kicked out of the band, and the Dennis you present seems to think he is still somehow important, too.

You do know that Syd's dead, right? (P.S. I am still a female)

Yes, I know Syd is dead.

The Effervescing Toph

An Effervescing Toph came here
with a tiny brain it seemed so clear
He whispered into all our ears
of how he felt superior
that without Dennis Styx would die, oh yeah!
Because a Roboto must roam.

Then all of us said:
"Oh my goodness we must stay at home!
and every time we hear a howl
we'll know the Roboto's on the prowl
and we'll be really safe, you know
We all know cuz Toph told us so."
Everyone was nervy, oh yeah!

And his message was sent
to yogi, Monker, and the BoomChild of course
we all played in the mud and chewed
on his dirty troll-bait food
we pretended to ignore his words
preferring to say what we heard
was stupid and full of lies, oh yeah!

And all the forum took fright,
and we were posting day and night
but all in vain, because, you see,
the Roboto came and said: "Who me?!
You know, I wouldn't hurt not one of you.
I'd much prefer something to chew
and you're all to scant." oh yeah!

He ate the Toph instead.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Archetype » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:46 am

"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:36 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:So in other words, you don't know. You also don't know how much Dennis makes for every show that they do, do you?

That's what I thought.

You are your own worst enemy. With each response you increasingly show your lack of basic business principles. This response is a classic. Let say for the sake of the argument, Dennis does get a sizable amount of the profit from each show they do. Then subtract the actual costs to do the shows as well as the salaries they are paying to Gowan, Ricky and Todd. If there was not a sizable profit left over after all of that they wouldn't be still doing the shows after 10+ years running it at a loss. Your inference that Dennis takes a significant portion of the proceeds only supports the point that they are running very profitable tours. They certainly wouldn't be doing it if it was being done at a loss and benefiting DDY more then tnemselves. Get a clue moron. Polly wanna cracker?

I never said they weren't making money your idiotic fool. I said that it was not all that profitable in general. Why do you think they are connecting with other bands? A) they can't draw for shit by themselves, b) they are able to split many of the expenses between 2 or even 3 acts, and c) promoters are more inclined to support 2-3 act bills for the reasons mentioned. What you don't seem to understand is the touring business. I've worked in this business for 25+ years so I think I know something about it. A promoter pays the artist a fee and usually a portion of the gate is negotiated as well back to the artist. The amount that Styx makes now vs. the 1996 or 1997 tours is a pittance. And yes, DDY gets a portion of what the promoter pays Styx as a result of the lawsuit. So, that's even less money. The owners of Styx (JY/Shaw/Chuck) are paid differently than the hired hands - Gowan/Ricky P.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:38 am

Monker wrote:
pinkfloyd1973 wrote:

Yes, I know Syd is dead.

The Effervescing Toph

of how he felt superior

Then all of us said:

And his message was sent

He ate the Toph instead.

Wow, you are really a loser. How long did it take you to compose that? Must have been the whole day. Glad my life isn't that empty.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Toph wrote:I never said they weren't making money your idiotic fool. I said that it was not all that profitable in general. Why do you think they are connecting with other bands? A) they can't draw for shit by themselves, b) they are able to split many of the expenses between 2 or even 3 acts, and c) promoters are more inclined to support 2-3 act bills for the reasons mentioned. What you don't seem to understand is the touring business. I've worked in this business for 25+ years so I think I know something about it. A promoter pays the artist a fee and usually a portion of the gate is negotiated as well back to the artist. The amount that Styx makes now vs. the 1996 or 1997 tours is a pittance. And yes, DDY gets a portion of what the promoter pays Styx as a result of the lawsuit. So, that's even less money. The owners of Styx (JY/Shaw/Chuck) are paid differently than the hired hands - Gowan/Ricky P.

Give me a break. Every chance you get you try to infer that their touring is a losing proposition. Here is another news flash for you, even if DDY was still with them, they wouldn't be bringing in the same amount of money they were in '96-'97. When you boil it down, if TS and JY were not making enough money on it for the time and effort they have to put in they simply wouldn't be doing it. For some reason you ignore this basic fact. Probably because it grinds your gears that they have been able to keep it going without DDY being involved.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Toph wrote:Wow, you are really a loser. How long did it take you to compose that? Must have been the whole day. Glad my life isn't that empty.

Your life empty, no. Full of shit, yes. Like your pathetic claim of being a STYX\DDY insider. Polly wanna cracker?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:
pinkfloyd1973 wrote:

Yes, I know Syd is dead.

The Effervescing Toph

of how he felt superior

Then all of us said:

And his message was sent

He ate the Toph instead.

Wow, you are really a loser. How long did it take you to compose that? Must have been the whole day. Glad my life isn't that empty.

Yeah, all yours consists of is repeating "Dennis wants a reunion." and "I know more..." And, that's really about it.

I wrote it over my lunch break...maybe a half hour, at most. Kinda fun actually.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

That's what I thought.

I never said they weren't making money your idiotic fool. I said that it was not all that profitable in general. Why do you think they are connecting with other bands? A) they can't draw for shit by themselves, b) they are able to split many of the expenses between 2 or even 3 acts, and c) promoters are more inclined to support 2-3 act bills for the reasons mentioned. What you don't seem to understand is the touring business. I've worked in this business for 25+ years so I think I know something about it. A promoter pays the artist a fee and usually a portion of the gate is negotiated as well back to the artist. The amount that Styx makes now vs. the 1996 or 1997 tours is a pittance. And yes, DDY gets a portion of what the promoter pays Styx as a result of the lawsuit. So, that's even less money. The owners of Styx (JY/Shaw/Chuck) are paid differently than the hired hands - Gowan/Ricky P.

You do realize that all of this stuff was said 15yrs ago, right? And, froyline repeated it until he was booted from the forum

You do realize that other people have read the settlement besides you, correct? None of this is new.

IMO, JY, Tommy, and Chuck would rather retire Styx than ever see DDY back in the band. Dennis can want it all he wants, for as long as he wants. But, it is irrelevant...and justifiably so, IMO.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:14 am

Monker wrote:
You do realize that other people have read the settlement besides you, correct? None of this is new.

I doubt that Toph has seen even one sentence of the settlement. I have yet to read or hear anyone with credibility release actual details of the settlement. The only public statement about it that I am aware of was from Styx' current manager. That was on the BTM episode. Basically, he said TS and JY have retained the rights to the band and brand. Dennis retained his rights to perform as Dennis DeYoung. Somehow, I seriously doubt that any of them have gone around showing people the settlement documents.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:43 am

I know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy who told me that he knew the court stenographer in that case. Here is how I was told it all unfolded:

Dennis and his lawyers showed up a little early to the proceedings. Tommy, JY and Chuck each had lawyers and they all showed up a little early or on time.

Tommy, JY, and Chuck were no shows for at least the first 55 minutes or longer than that.

Even though Tommy, JY and Chuck were not in the courtroom the judge still let DDY's attorneys proceed with Dennis case. DDY's attorneys stated Dennis case, and handed the judge a bunch of legal documents pertaining to Styx, the Styx name and the Styx trademark.

At about the 55 + minute mark( close to an hour or more late) while the judge was looking over the paperwork that was presented to him by Dennis's attorneys Tommy, JY and Chuck entered the courtroom dressed as Jonathan Chance, Dr. Rightous, and Lt. Hyde respectively. JY was also seen holding, and eating from a bucket of Dr. Rightous fried chicken( for which he was reprimanded for eating in the courtroom), Tommy then yelled something like 'you cant stop the music M F'.

At that point the judge stopped reading the documents and ended the proceedings and awarded the Styx name to Tommy, JY and Chuck.

That's some crazy shi .
yogi
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:33 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Wow, you are really a loser. How long did it take you to compose that? Must have been the whole day. Glad my life isn't that empty.

Your life empty, no. Full of shit, yes. Like your pathetic claim of being a STYX\DDY insider. Polly wanna cracker?

Believe what you want. I couldn't care less. You just make yourself look more ignorant....
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:34 am

Monker wrote:
Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:

The Effervescing Toph

of how he felt superior

Then all of us said:

And his message was sent

He ate the Toph instead.

Yeah, all yours consists of is repeating "Dennis wants a reunion." and "I know more..." And, that's really about it.

I wrote it over my lunch break...maybe a half hour, at most. Kinda fun actually.

Well, if that is what your life has become, more power to you...it makes me almost...I said almost...pity you.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:36 am

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:

I doubt that Toph has seen even one sentence of the settlement. I have yet to read or hear anyone with credibility release actual details of the settlement. The only public statement about it that I am aware of was from Styx' current manager. That was on the BTM episode. Basically, he said TS and JY have retained the rights to the band and brand. Dennis retained his rights to perform as Dennis DeYoung. Somehow, I seriously doubt that any of them have gone around showing people the settlement documents.

Friends and close associates are aware of the details.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:15 am

Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:

Documents from the settlement were on Drudge, or a similar site. I know because I also read part of it. I read part, bookmarked it, and it was gone the next day. So, it was online only a few hours.

Toph is now just repeating the crap that froyline was stating for years. So, that should tell you something.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:16 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
Monker wrote:

LOL...so your info is third hand at best. You know no more than anybody else...you just admitted it.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:20 am

Toph wrote:Well, if that is what your life has become, more power to you...it makes me almost...I said almost...pity you.

Wow, spending a half hour at lunch to write lyrics for you tells you so much.

As opposed to you who spends so much time and effort to convince people you are so important and superior. You are definitely compensating for something that is very small.

The Effervescing Toph

of how he felt superior

Then all of us said:

And his message was sent

He ate the Toph instead.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:50 am

Toph wrote:Believe what you want. I couldn't care less. You just make yourself look more ignorant....

Of course you care. Hence the endless string of replies to people who have called you out for the liar you are. If you didn't care you would have stopped responding long ago. Polly wanna cracker?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:55 am

Toph wrote:

OK, let's say that this is true. You can bet your last dollar that they shared it in confidence with people they trust. Not with people that were then going to go around spilling the details to others. Especially with the likes of someone like you.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:00 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Believe what you want. I couldn't care less. You just make yourself look more ignorant....

Of course you care. Hence the endless string of replies to people who have called you out for the liar you are. If you didn't care you would have stopped responding long ago. Polly wanna cracker?

Just seeing that you all ALWAYS have to have the last word. It shows you're insecure about your position.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:00 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:

OK, let's say that this is true. You can bet your last dollar that they shared it in confidence with people they trust. Not with people that were then going to go around spilling the details to others. Especially with the likes of someone like you.

Believe what you want.
Toph
Stereo LP

PreviousNext

Return to Styx