Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Present For Toph!!!

Postby masque » Thu May 12, 2016 12:29 am

masque
Cassette Tape

Re: Present For Toph!!!

Postby masque » Thu May 12, 2016 4:42 am

yeh I know......toph is gonna love meeeeeeeeee! 8)
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu May 12, 2016 9:01 am

And from local press too. That's gotta sting for certain people.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ztyxlynne » Thu May 12, 2016 11:04 am

Wow! Awesome review!
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78

Postby gr8dane » Thu May 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Wonder if toph's real name is Andy Argy ? 8)
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri May 13, 2016 4:42 am

"Blows away the current incarnation of Styx" absolutely dead on.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby LtVanish » Sun May 15, 2016 11:17 am

I was at the Merrillville show, and with out a doubt it is the best I have heard the Dennis band sound,and I have seen Styx recently and I honestly believe they do have the current Styx beat. It was an amazing show.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sun May 15, 2016 1:12 pm

LtVanish wrote:I was at the Merrillville show, and with out a doubt it is the best I have heard the Dennis band sound,and I have seen Styx recently and I honestly believe they do have the current Styx beat. It was an amazing show.

Interesting. Can you elaborate on how you feel DDY and his band have the current Styx "beat"? Are you speaking in terms of sound or other things as well?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Wed May 18, 2016 3:34 am

Boomchild wrote:
LtVanish wrote:I was at the Merrillville show, and with out a doubt it is the best I have heard the Dennis band sound,and I have seen Styx recently and I honestly believe they do have the current Styx beat. It was an amazing show.

Interesting. Can you elaborate on how you feel DDY and his band have the current Styx "beat"? Are you speaking in terms of sound or other things as well?

Boomer is freaking out! You said DDY beats current Styx. He's crushed!
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Boomer is freaking out! You said DDY beats current Styx. He's crushed!

Wow.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Wed May 18, 2016 4:12 am

Toph wrote:Boomer is freaking out! You said DDY beats current Styx. He's crushed!

Parrot you are an idiot. I merely am asking him to elaborate on his viewpoint. To see what he specifically meant. I think I have made it clear in this forum that I have no interest in the current Styx. That doesn't mean that I discard looking at things in realistic and objective manner. It's clear that you cannot or will not do the same. Polly wanna cracker?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby LtVanish » Thu May 19, 2016 9:32 am

I think Dennis has them beat on all kinds of levels now. Variety on Set list, Dennis does the big hits, the crowd eats this up, including Babe(Styx biggest hit), Mr Roboto was very popular as well at the show, crowd was really into it. Dennis' band has really jelled now, I think their overall sound now actually might rival Styx, the new Drummer is really good BTW, no doubt the best drummer that Dennis has had so far in his band. Plus there is the legendary voice of Dennis now at 69 of age is remarkable, he was very energetic as well. It had been 3 years since I have seen his band perform, and I was just blown away at how much better they sound.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby LtVanish » Thu May 19, 2016 9:35 am

Dennis is also impersonating the Too Much Time On My Hands Video also, too bad the band isn't reunited, major opportunity wasted
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu May 19, 2016 10:26 am

LtVanish wrote:I think Dennis has them beat on all kinds of levels now. Variety on Set list, Dennis does the big hits, the crowd eats this up, including Babe(Styx biggest hit), Mr Roboto was very popular as well at the show, crowd was really into it. Dennis' band has really jelled now, I think their overall sound now actually might rival Styx, the new Drummer is really good BTW, no doubt the best drummer that Dennis has had so far in his band. Plus there is the legendary voice of Dennis now at 69 of age is remarkable, he was very energetic as well. It had been 3 years since I have seen his band perform, and I was just blown away at how much better they sound.

Thanks for the details. I think it was a smart move for Dennis to put together an actual consistent band instead of doing a mix mash of players. Interesting note about his current drummer. I was wondering how that would work out. I thought his previous drummer was great. You now have given me a reason to see DDY again the next time he is in town. Your spot on about DDY's voice. It's really impressive how he has been able to retain his singing ability.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Thu May 19, 2016 10:53 am

LtVanish wrote:I think Dennis has them beat on all kinds of levels now. Variety on Set list, Dennis does the big hits, the crowd eats this up, including Babe(Styx biggest hit), Mr Roboto was very popular as well at the show, crowd was really into it. Dennis' band has really jelled now, I think their overall sound now actually might rival Styx, the new Drummer is really good BTW, no doubt the best drummer that Dennis has had so far in his band. Plus there is the legendary voice of Dennis now at 69 of age is remarkable, he was very energetic as well. It had been 3 years since I have seen his band perform, and I was just blown away at how much better they sound.

Now, here is someone intelligent on this board. Nicely put.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Boomer is freaking out! You said DDY beats current Styx. He's crushed!

Parrot you are an idiot. I merely am asking him to elaborate on his viewpoint. To see what he specifically meant. I think I have made it clear in this forum that I have no interest in the current Styx. That doesn't mean that I discard looking at things in realistic and objective manner. It's clear that you cannot or will not do the same. Polly wanna cracker?

Give it up with this holier than thou attitude. And you know where you can shove that cracker.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Toph wrote:Give it up with this holier than thou attitude. And you know where you can shove that cracker.

Sqaaawk!!!! "Dennis wants a Reunion, Dennis wants a Reunion" Swaaawk!!! Polly wanna cracker?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Fri May 20, 2016 1:39 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Give it up with this holier than thou attitude. And you know where you can shove that cracker.

Sqaaawk!!!! "Dennis wants a Reunion, Dennis wants a Reunion" Swaaawk!!! Polly wanna cracker?

Dude, you are freaking hilarious....maybe you should quit your day job...(if you have one).
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Dude, you are freaking hilarious....maybe you should quit your day job...(if you have one).

Wonders may never cease. You actually got that one right.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx