Lights Live

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Lights Live

Postby artinis1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Was their ever an official live version of Lights released?
I thought it may have been on a older out of print live cd,
Obviously it is a favorite of mine, thanks
artinis1
Ol' 78

Re: Lights Live

Postby yogi » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Never an official version that I know of, but when they toured in 99 with Gowan( Brave New Tour) they added it to the set and I have heard some good boot versions of it. I don't think it was on their live Styxworld or the Arch Allies releases but I may be wrong on that one.

Also I think I might of heard a good boot with DDY on one of their tours( may of been Borrowed Time) on a European boot of their Paradise Theater tour.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Everett » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 am

Here's an awesome boot version::
https://youtu.be/14WV3LWn_fI
All in a day's work
Everett
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:15 am

yogi wrote:Never an official version that I know of, but when they toured in 99 with Gowan( Brave New Tour) they added it to the set and I have heard some good boot versions of it. I don't think it was on their live Styxworld or the Arch Allies releases but I may be wrong on that one.

Also I think I might of heard a good boot with DDY on one of their tours( may of been Borrowed Time) on a European boot of their Paradise Theater tour.

Definitely not on any Gowan-era official releases other than a quick snippet of it in the Cyclomedley.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:59 pm

no official releases of it that I am aware of either.....however, it is one of my all time favorite styx songs!
masque
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx