AMAZON PRIME - STYX

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

AMAZON PRIME - STYX

Postby yogi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:39 am

For Fathers Day this year my wife and kids bought me the amazon Echo. With a ruptured achilles tendon Alexa has become a really good friend to me. Here is my question when I ask Alexia to play Shinedown, Seether, The Cars, The Eagles, & Journey I get their entire catalog. Dream Theater gets me three quality albums. On Prime Supertramp offers Breakfast In America and other really good Supertramp selections from Paris......... REO on Amazon Prime features the albums Hi In Fidelty, Wheels Are Turning, Nine Lives, You Can Tune a Piano... Almost every artist that I like has TONS of music on Amazon Prime.

My son's favorite band is Cage the Elephant. Their entire catalog ( 4 albums) is offered. He loves Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden they all have a great selection of albums and songs. Almost every one.

With Styx not a single album is offered. Only samples of classic Styx. The only thing available for Styx on Amazon Prime is their Arch Allies Album and one really bad live recording of a DDY led Styx 'Come Sail Away'.

So my question is: Why is Styx not on Amazon Prime???
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: AMAZON PRIME - STYX

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 am

Maybe it's based on what has been selling on Amazon?
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:44 am

Not a clue how they do it. But Arch Allies cant be a big seller.

The 'Come Sail Away' DDY version with Styx is one Ive never heard before. Supertramp & Soundgarden were both A&M bands. I cant figure out why Styx doesn't have anything on Amazon Prime other than 1 live album and 1 song.

'Sometimes it makes no sense at all' TS
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby tj » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:48 am

I was looking for Cornerstone on there last night to play because I never got the CD version and don't have an LP player anymore. Not there. Really disappointing. Amazon's movie/TV show collection on Prime is pretty hit and miss. At least with video, if they don't have it for free on prime you can order the DVD of it. I don't see that option to download or order the CD for Styx at all.
tj
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx