8/22 Big Announcement? FB Post

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: 8/22 Big Announcement? FB Post

Postby ztyxlynne » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:53 am

I bet Felder shows up on the album that they are making one way or another. Co-write,backing vocals etc.
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78

Postby Boomchild » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:42 pm

ztyxlynne wrote:I bet Felder shows up on the album that they are making one way or another. Co-write,backing vocals etc.

His involvement is much more then that. He will be replacing Gowan in the band starting Jan. 2017. That was supposed to be "the big announcement" this week but they decided to hold off till December to roll out what JY has been heard saying that while the current version of Styx seemed to be "the best version ever", this new version is going to be "EPIC".
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby yogi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:00 am

Seriously??????

Great one if not true. Im 1/4 believing you.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Kilroy1983 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:22 am

Boomchild wrote:
ztyxlynne wrote:I bet Felder shows up on the album that they are making one way or another. Co-write,backing vocals etc.

His involvement is much more then that. He will be replacing Gowan in the band starting Jan. 2017. That was supposed to be "the big announcement" this week but they decided to hold off till December to roll out what JY has been heard saying that while the current version of Styx seemed to be "the best version ever", this new version is going to be "EPIC".

Interesting. If this is true, (Felder replacing Gowan) who's going to play all keyboards parts?
Kilroy1983
Ol' 78

Postby Boomchild » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:34 am

Kilroy1983 wrote:Interesting. If this is true, (Felder replacing Gowan) who's going to play all keyboards parts?

Felder of course. He is an expert on the keytar. So he will be using that to play all the keyboard parts. This is one reason that JY is so excited about this next chapter in the evolution of Styx. A guy playing a keytar is much more "rock & roll" then those wimpy, silly keyboards.
Last edited by Boomchild on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Boomchild » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:39 am

yogi wrote:Seriously??????

Great one if not true. Im 1/4 believing you.

Evidently, Gowan was insisting that they put First Time into their set list which has caused a rift between some members. Those that have enjoyed Gowan's tenure in Styx have no need to worry. Apparently, Gowan is expected to continue on solo with shows called "Gowan and The Music of Stix". Perhaps you are wondering about the spelling here. That's not a typo. Evidently, Dennis had already copyrighted the phrase "The Music of Styx". So Gowan had to alter his to avoid legal issues with the guy that used to be on Styx.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Cassie May » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 am

:roll: :lol:
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby yogi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:23 am

Damn Boom GREAT stuff!!!!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby scarab » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:30 am

I know for a fact that Felder gets vertigo, and there is no way he could ride the lazy susan.
I think Gowan is safe.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:16 am

scarab wrote:I know for a fact that Felder gets vertigo, and there is no way he could ride the lazy susan.
I think Gowan is safe.

As far as the spinning thing, I assume you are referring to Gowan's trademark keyboard spinning. From what is known, JY always thought that move was silly so they have asked Felder not to do anything remotely close to it. I have heard that Felder will be doing his killer windmill move with his keytar though.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Previous

Return to Styx