DDY's HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

DDY's HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby yogi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:18 am

Last night I listened to ROCK radio 107.9 Shreveport/Bossier/Tyler ( Robert Orin Charles Kilroy radio for those who really care)and they replayed an interview that they did with Dennis late last week when the Olympics were in full tilt. Dennis talked about during their heyday ( late 70's early 80's) he tried to get the rest of the band involved in alot of swimming activities. There was a natatorium rock circuit that DDY wanted to play at the start of the Kilroy tour but Tommy and JY shot that idea down. Dennis stated that on three different occasions he entered the group in swimming events but each time either JY or Tommy would pull out at the last minute.

Anyway look for DDY to announce ver soon, that He, August Zandra, Craig Carter and drummer Michael Morales will be entering (6) upcoming 4X100 Medley relays prior to some upcoming concerts. Jimmy Leahey will serve as and alternate unfortunately John Blasucci cant swim.

This is HUGE. I really got the feeling after listening to this interview that if 'Classic Styx' could of pulled off any or all of these swim events they still might be together as a band today.

Dennis was in rare for had a lot of Dory( just keep swimming references) in his interview. He sure has done that despite getting slightly hosed by his former band mates.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: DDY's HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby brywool » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:12 am

I THINK that August has requested nose plugs and a bathing cap. I'm wondering if this could harm their overall score or actually disqualify them. Boy I hope not. Since the whole Rick Astley life jacket incident, things are much more competitive. Anybody know if they'll be selling Dory jewelry at this event?

(just a joke kids. I actually am a fan of both camps... but I have to admit, the 'big announcement' was anything but)
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Archetype » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:12 am

I feel like Dennis going to get another hair piece made would be a bigger announcement. How is Styx playing the same show 5 times in a row with the same guy they've been touring with for a while now such a big announcement?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:53 am

Archetype wrote:I feel like Dennis going to get another hair piece made would be a bigger announcement. How is Styx playing the same show 5 times in a row with the same guy they've been touring with for a while now such a big announcement?

Sounds like a fair question for posting on their FB page. Somehow I doubt you would get an answer.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:25 am

Boomchild wrote:
Archetype wrote:I feel like Dennis going to get another hair piece made would be a bigger announcement. How is Styx playing the same show 5 times in a row with the same guy they've been touring with for a while now such a big announcement?

Sounds like a fair question for posting on their FB page. Somehow I doubt you would get an answer.

IMO, the Vegas deal is probably something they had been working on from the time they first toured with Felder a couple years ago, or whatever. So, it was probably a big deal TO THEM that it was finally signed off on. Not so much an exciting thing for the fans, though.
Monker
MP3

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:06 am

I'm sure it'll be a good show in a pretty nice venue. It was expectations that disappointed everyone for the most part. Personally I'd rather see them do this with a band like REO or Kansas or you get my drift.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:08 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:I'm sure it'll be a good show in a pretty nice venue. It was expectations that disappointed everyone for the most part. Personally I'd rather see them do this with a band like REO or Kansas or you get my drift.

What's sad is it appears they can't get a five day stint in Vegas on their own.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Baron Von Bielski wrote:I'm sure it'll be a good show in a pretty nice venue. It was expectations that disappointed everyone for the most part. Personally I'd rather see them do this with a band like REO or Kansas or you get my drift.

To say the least, especially when Felder isn't a household name. The whole thing is backwards.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Monker » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:34 am

Boomchild wrote:

Oh, so you know for a fact that they tried and couldn't? I'd like to see some hard evidence that they even tried.
Monker
MP3

Postby Boomchild » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:39 am

Monker wrote:
Oh, so you know for a fact that they tried and couldn't? I'd like to see some hard evidence that they even tried.

I think it pretty safe to say if they could have they would have rather than to share the bill. I am also sure that if they could do the majority of their touring on their own they would. Let's not kid ourselves. That would be like stating DDY could do better (booking wise) on his own then with the use of the Styx brand name.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx