New DDY Interview

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

New DDY Interview

Postby Boomchild » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Here's a link to a new interview with DDY for anyone interested. One thing that is different then most of the other interviews is that DDY goes into a little more detail on being let go from the band. There are some other interesting tidbits as well.

https://michaelcavacini.com/2016/09/18/ ... ment-18648
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Re: New DDY Interview

Postby yogi » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 am

AWESOME!!! Dennis has ALWAYS been the man and the SUPERSTAR of Styx.

Tommy's a HUGE HUGE star but DDY was the superstar. Add those two to JY, Chuck and John and you had one awesome band.

Great interview
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby masque » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 am

he always gives a great interview!

I would love to sit down and have about a 3 hour dinner with him where we could talk off the record. I would love to hear those private stories.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:13 pm

masque wrote:he always gives a great interview!

I would love to sit down and have about a 3 hour dinner with him where we could talk off the record. I would love to hear those private stories.

When you think about it, those private stories my not be as interesting as you may think. I remember DDY saying that if being in the band was like it was portrayed in BTM, he wouldn't have stayed in the band.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:27 am

Boomchild wrote:

When you think about it, those private stories my not be as interesting as you may think. I remember DDY saying that if being in the band was like it was portrayed in BTM, he wouldn't have stayed in the band.

i really didn't make my intentions as clear as I thought.......when I say private discussion it's more for me wanting to know the scoop on things like what kind of artistic choices were made when recording certain parts of certain songs......getting much deeper into how styx songs were truly created and recorded than what has been shared in interviews and behind the music. things of that nature. who lobbied for what on the songs and how creative choices were made. i'm not looking for standard "dirt" that many people want to know.....I dont really care about that kind of stuff......i'm more into wanting to know the true behind the scenes of how styx truly operated during their heyday. i think it would be fascinating and I think DDY would be able to provide probably the most focused and unfiltered true look into those days.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxCollector » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Boomchild wrote:

I've had more than one off the record conversation with DDY. No dirt, and I don't think you'd ever get him to trash his former bandmates.
StyxCollector
Cassette Tape

Postby FormerDJMike » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:52 am

StyxCollector wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

I've had more than one off the record conversation with DDY. No dirt, and I don't think you'd ever get him to trash his former bandmates.

Agreed, nothing but a pleasant experience when interviewing Dennis. He talks about the old days with a certain fondness. Nothing bad to say at all.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Return to Styx