JYG live and acoustic

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

JYG live and acoustic

Postby FormerDJMike » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 pm

User avatar
FormerDJMike
8 Track
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 am
Location: Somewhere In America

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby Boomchild » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanks for the link. I liked the performances of Best Thing and Double Life. I found it interesting that JY chose to play both Double Life and Heavy Metal Poisoning. Especially since he always has seemed to want to distance himself and Styx from the KWH project.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 am

This was before the release of Raised By Wolves. During this time they were playing Styx tunes and songs from the first 2 solo albums. Their live shows were quite good and honestly I would much rather go see JYG than Styx these days just because of the fact that they always played some deep tracks. I still say "Raised By Wolves" is the best of the solo albums... Very overlooked and unknown. It has some good tunes on it and I still enjoy it 20 years later.
User avatar
FormerDJMike
8 Track
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 am
Location: Somewhere In America

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby Boomchild » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:51 am

FormerDJMike wrote:This was before the release of Raised By Wolves. During this time they were playing Styx tunes and songs from the first 2 solo albums. Their live shows were quite good and honestly I would much rather go see JYG than Styx these days just because of the fact that they always played some deep tracks. I still say "Raised By Wolves" is the best of the solo albums... Very overlooked and unknown. It has some good tunes on it and I still enjoy it 20 years later.



I would tend to agree. RBW was his best solo effort.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby ztyxlynne » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:36 pm

I remember seeing them at Summerfest in Milwaukee in 94 I think. They put on a good show. I still listen to RBW and it's decent.

BTW, didnt the bass player play with DDY for a while also?
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby Boomchild » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:50 pm

ztyxlynne wrote:I remember seeing them at Summerfest in Milwaukee in 94 I think. They put on a good show. I still listen to RBW and it's decent.

BTW, didnt the bass player play with DDY for a while also?


Yes Hank was the bass player in DDY's backing band early on.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 7129
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby yogi » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Raised By Wolves was an EXCELLENT album. I too still often play the CD.
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby gr8dane » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:46 am

Boomchild wrote:Thanks for the link. I liked the performances of Best Thing and Double Life. I found it interesting that JY chose to play both Double Life and Heavy Metal Poisoning. Especially since he always has seemed to want to distance himself and Styx from the KWH project.


He probably doesn't mind his own songs.
His dislike was the tour,the costumes,the group relations at the time,is my guess.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2642
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: JYG live and acoustic

Postby Abitaman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:42 am

Thanks for the post
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4693
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains


Return to Styx

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest