Authorized Biography?

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Authorized Biography?

Postby Cassie May » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:36 am

Check out the very end of this--apparently, we are going to get an authorized biography.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... kV8Fpkm3mQ

Mike Mettler is very close to the band, so if anyone would get authorization, it'd be him. I just wonder how impartial it will be.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Re: Authorized Biography?

Postby Boomchild » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:05 am

Guess that would depend on who is providing input.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ztyxlynne » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 am

I wonder if they will get any DDY input or even Glen's. If not it will just be a PR piece.
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78

Postby Boomchild » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:04 am

ztyxlynne wrote:I wonder if they will get any DDY input or even Glen's. If not it will just be a PR piece.

Since it appears that they are not communicating with each other I would tend to doubt it.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Cassie May » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 am

Actually, I just wondered if anyone else had heard anything about this. It was the first I'd read of a new biography being in the works.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby ztyxlynne » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:20 am

The only thing I heard is that DDY was working on a biography. But until recently it's been awhile that I even heard that. I wonder if they're trying to beat Dennis to the punch on this and get theirs out before he gets his out. In another article on this forum he did say he is working on one but it doesn't sound like it's going to be anytime soon.
ztyxlynne
Ol' 78

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:12 am

If rather have both a DDY one and Tommy one. They both have had careers outside of Styx and both had Styx careers outside of each being a member. Would be both interesting reads.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Boomchild » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:27 pm

ztyxlynne wrote:The only thing I heard is that DDY was working on a biography. But until recently it's been awhile that I even heard that. I wonder if they're trying to beat Dennis to the punch on this and get theirs out before he gets his out. In another article on this forum he did say he is working on one but it doesn't sound like it's going to be anytime soon.

I remember him commenting on this in a recent interview. What he said was that has been collecting material for a biography for a long time but that is really all he has done. He also stated that book writing wasn't his thing and I got the impression that is what has delayed him from acting on it. Based on what he has said over the years I would say the chances of seeing him put one out would be 50/50.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:03 am

I love music biographies......it would be great to have one from each of those guys.
masque
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx