DDY News

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

DDY News

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri May 12, 2017 10:59 am

Dennis will perform the full Grand Illusion album live in St. Charles, IL on 7/7/17. Wish I still lived in Illinois because I would go to this show.

https://app.robly.com/archive?id=b14f50 ... 7729dafeeb
STYX new album coming in 2021
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: DDY News

Postby Boomchild » Fri May 12, 2017 11:37 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Dennis will perform the full Grand Illusion album live in St. Charles, IL on 7/7/17. Wish I still lived in Illinois because I would go to this show.

https://app.robly.com/archive?id=b14f50 ... 7729dafeeb

I wonder if a recording of this show is planned.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri May 12, 2017 12:05 pm

This would be a good place to record. It's an old classic theater from the 1920s with good acoustics. I've seen a couple shows here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcada_Theater_Building
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Fri May 12, 2017 2:12 pm

It's too bad It's too far away for me to attend. The other interesting question is who is going to sing lead on Miss America? I remember a few years back DDY was pondering about doing PT like this. He mentioned it once and then never followed up on it. Personally, I think PT would be a better fit for DDY to do in this fashion. Having said that I think it's great that he is mixing things up.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Wed May 17, 2017 7:59 am

I wonder if Jimmy Leahy knows how to sing. If he can do a decent rendition of JY songs, it would be great to hear Double Life, etc added to the regular set. Put Me On and Snowblind as well.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed May 17, 2017 8:26 am

Archetype wrote:I wonder if Jimmy Leahy knows how to sing. If he can do a decent rendition of JY songs, it would be great to hear Double Life, etc added to the regular set. Put Me On and Snowblind as well.

Jimmy has sung background vocals but I've never seen him do lead. The question is do you mean "sing" or "scream" a JY rendition?
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby LtVanish » Sat May 27, 2017 7:49 am

I'd just like to hear Dennis sing Miss America to see how that would sound.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat May 27, 2017 9:14 am

LtVanish wrote:I'd just like to hear Dennis sing Miss America to see how that would sound.

I think that would be really good!
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Abitaman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 am

LtVanish wrote:I'd just like to hear Dennis sing Miss America to see how that would sound.

Same here, DDY did a good job on Tommy's Boat on a River a few years back.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Archetype » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:33 am

Boomchild wrote:It's too bad It's too far away for me to attend. The other interesting question is who is going to sing lead on Miss America? I remember a few years back DDY was pondering about doing PT like this. He mentioned it once and then never followed up on it. Personally, I think PT would be a better fit for DDY to do in this fashion. Having said that I think it's great that he is mixing things up.

Jimmy Leahy can knock Miss America out of the park. Should be a great show.

https://youtu.be/netO6-2UW7Y

I'd love to hear Dennis do Paradise Theater in its entirety too.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:26 am

Archetype wrote:

Jimmy Leahy can knock Miss America out of the park. Should be a great show.

https://youtu.be/netO6-2UW7Y

I'd love to hear Dennis do Paradise Theater in its entirety too.

Maybe DDY will try out other songs now. I would suggest Midnight Ride and Snowblind.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx