Radio Silence

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Radio Silence

Postby masque » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:39 am

[/quote]

hey topher, quick question. for years you have flamed them for living on their past and not creating new music.....now it sounds like them creating new music is a "joke" to you. so other than making up with DDY and getting the band back together what exactly is it you want from them?

whether the album is good or not, it appears they have been willing to go back and try to create something new.....some fans will love it, some will hate it, as with almost any release. but your reaction is confusing based on how much you used to criticize them for NOT creating new music.....what gives?[/quote]

To answer your question, I like to call them out on the colossal bullshit that they spew. Really, a concept album about space? With all the Kilroy slamming? They are big time hypocrites and full of shit. So what was it about Kilroy - not being able to write songs about robots? But we can write songs about space? Makes no sense at all.

To that end, I have heard the 3 songs off Mission thus far (BTW, I will not add to their sales so I will listen to the rest of the album when it ultimately winds up on YouTube etc. - because yes, I want them to fail).

On the positive side, I will say that by far and a way, the best, most catchiest song of the 3 is "Gone Gone Gone." The two from TS are disappointing. Radio Silence goes nowhere and Hundred Million Miles is way too boogie woogie and feels like it should be on a Shaw solo album.

I commend them for putting out new music - but the fact that its a concept album about the future and about space is so rich with irony its uncanny.[/quote]

so you really are gonna hold everyone involved accountable for proclamations and feelings they had over 34 years ago while some of them were fueled on drugs, alcohol and generally burnt out because of the 8 year run they had been on?

not trying to be an ass, I understand that you feel the way you do probably no matter what, because as you stated, you want them to fail.....but i guess I think about how differently i feel about things now than when I did 5 or 10 or god forbid 20 years ago......so when I think about how tommy or dennis or jy felt about anything around 83-84 with all the pressures, all the drugs, all the alcohol, all the burnt out from work, all the money etc etc etc then I dont really think much about what any of them do nowadays as compared to anything any of them said about the old days. or how they felt about then or even when they did BTM a decade ago. people's minds change. do you ever change your mind?
masque
8 Track

Postby yogi » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 am

Without a doubt they are total hypocrites putting out a concept album, BUT since its been 33 years since Kilroy Ill give Tommy, JY and Chuck a TOTAL and COMPLETE pass.

As with Dennis past solo release and DDY's current band this album is brilliant. It flows perfectly from song to song, and while many of the songs stand alone it can only be truly appreciated by listening to the album from start to finish. You are making a big mistake by not hearing this album in the way it was intended to be heard.

God bless both camps. They both are great and joined at the hip. Neither embarrasses the other. I wish fences were mended but why should I not enjoy both??
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby LtVanish » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 am

yogi wrote:Without a doubt they are total hypocrites putting out a concept album, BUT since its been 33 years since Kilroy Ill give Tommy, JY and Chuck a TOTAL and COMPLETE pass.

As with Dennis past solo release and DDY's current band this album is brilliant. It flows perfectly from song to song, and while many of the songs stand alone it can only be truly appreciated by listening to the album from start to finish. You are making a big mistake by not hearing this album in the way it was intended to be heard.

God bless both camps. They both are great and joined at the hip. Neither embarrasses the other. I wish fences were mended but why should I not enjoy both??

I enjoy both sides and what each band brings to the table. I am enjoying this new album and think this will put extra pressure on Dennis to put out something worth while, and I am sure he will, looking forward to it.
Wig Wam is the greatest band since bread was sliced.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Styx