DDY, Run For The Roses

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

DDY, Run For The Roses

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Ran into Jim Peterik tonight at a fund raiser. One of the song he and Dennis are working on is called Run For The Roses. He said Dennis said he is going to show those guys! Hmmm wonder what he meant by that? Time will tell.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: DDY, Run For The Roses

Postby masque » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:01 am

i thought dan fogelberg already did run for the roses a long time ago 8)
masque
8 Track

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:17 am

masque wrote:i thought dan fogelberg already did run for the roses a long time ago 8)

That's what I said!
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Jodes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am

Just like JP showed Survivor with the craptacular Pride Of Lions?
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:28 am

Jodes wrote:Just like JP showed Survivor with the craptacular Pride Of Lions?

Let's face it. 100 Years from Now blew away Cyclorama and that is probably what got Styx back in the studio is that they knew that they had gotten their arse kicked. Now, Styx has responded. One can argue whether it was better than 100 Years, but most believe it is far superior to Cyclorama. Now, we'll hopefully see Dennis upping his game even more because you know he wants to blow them out of the water. America spells "competition"
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Jodes » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 am

I guess we agree to disagree over 100 Years.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby gr8dane » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:38 am

Toph wrote:

Let's face it. 100 Years from Now blew away Cyclorama and that is probably what got Styx back in the studio is that they knew that they had gotten their arse kicked. Now, Styx has responded. One can argue whether it was better than 100 Years, but most believe it is far superior to Cyclorama. Now, we'll hopefully see Dennis upping his game even more because you know he wants to blow them out of the water. America spells "competition"

Both of them got one great song.
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:04 am

gr8dane wrote:
Toph wrote:

Both of them got one great song.

100 Years from Now blew the doors off Cyclorama and is slightly better than Mission.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 am

Jodes wrote:I guess we agree to disagree over 100 Years.

Maybe we can agree that your musical taste sucks?
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Jodes » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:58 am

Classy.
Jodes
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Toph wrote:
100 Years from Now blew the doors off Cyclorama and is slightly better than Mission.

You and I see them quite differently. 100 Years has 3 songs on it that I really like (title track, Crossing the Rubicon, Turn off CNN) Cyclorama has 3 as well (These Are The Times, One With Everything, Yes I Can). I can listen to The Mission start to finish and enjoy every single track even 5 weeks after it was released. The Mission by far my favorite post Styx/DDY split album.'
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby leftovertu » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Toph wrote:

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer Cyclorama to 100 years, The Mission, or just about anything they've done since Paradise Theater. IMO, the Cyclo line up really brought the best out of each other. Captain America is my favorite JY song, and to me One With Everything, Killing the Thing That You Love, and More Love for the Money stand against about anything in the catalog. Of course, you know what they say about opinions, lol....
leftovertu
Radio Waves

Postby masque » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:02 am

i also like cyclorama just fine.......and much much better than 100 years. I desperately wanted to like 100 years so much because many people were raving about it, but i just could never warm up to it. it has a few songs i like pretty well and thats it.

to me the ranking goes like this;

the mission
cyclorama
100 years
masque
8 Track

Return to Styx