Just the facts 3

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Just the facts 3

Postby gr8dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 am

Dennis was a prick.The other guys sacked him.They are carrying on just fine without him.Nothing Dennis or we can do, to change that.Lots of people still coming out watching Styx.Styx don't like Dennis,they hate his guts,he is not coming back.
I wonder if he is regretting being a prick ?
Dennis stop whining,you're out.All you can do is thank yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Re: Just the facts 3

Postby Archetype » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 am

Bam. Mic drop.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:00 am

Well it seems all the hype and fanfare for "The Mission" has dropped off here already. Back to business as usual.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 am

Well, yeah, The Mission came out almost two months ago. Do you want me to provide a full report each time I listen to it?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:24 am

Archetype wrote:Well, yeah, The Mission came out almost two months ago. Do you want me to provide a full report each time I listen to it?

You know what I meant.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 am

regardless of chart position or sales, I still think the mission is one of the better releases they have done in a very long time.
masque
8 Track

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 am

Archetype wrote:Bam. Mic drop.

Go fuck yourself.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 am

gr8dane wrote:Dennis was a prick.The other guys sacked him.They are carrying on just fine without him.Nothing Dennis or we can do, to change that.Lots of people still coming out watching Styx.Styx don't like Dennis,they hate his guts,he is not coming back.
Dennis stop whining,you're out.All you can do is thank yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go fuck yourself
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:15 am

Toph wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Bam,tophs trousers drop. :lol:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:16 am

Toph wrote:
gr8dane wrote:Dennis was a prick.The other guys sacked him.They are carrying on just fine without him.Nothing Dennis or we can do, to change that.Lots of people still coming out watching Styx.Styx don't like Dennis,they hate his guts,he is not coming back.

Go fuck yourself

Bam,tophs not so whities drop.
Forgot the lolls :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by gr8dane on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:18 am

Boomchild wrote:Well it seems all the hype and fanfare for "The Mission" has dropped off here already. Back to business as usual.

Good ole Boomer,poor ole Dennis.
I just re-read page 294 in Sterlings book.
Always great entertainment value.So long Dennis. :lol: :D :lol:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:25 am

Toph wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

And this is what Toph's hurt feelings look like
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:28 am

What are you, 8 years old? Thanks for adding nothing of value to this board.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby gr8dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:38 am

Baron Von Bielski wrote:

What are you, 8 years old? Thanks for adding nothing of value to this board.

8 1/2 actually. :lol:
Good ole Dennis.I know, the truth hurts.If you are a Dennis follower. :lol:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:53 am

Funny that you have no legitimate facts to back up the Dennis vs. Tommy contribution argument. Clear that Dennis is responsible for 85% of their success.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby gr8dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:03 am

Toph wrote:

Funny that you have no legitimate facts to back up the Dennis vs. Tommy contribution argument. Clear that Dennis is responsible for 85% of their success.

Maybe so.The way I see it,Dennis is 85% responsible for the things, I don't like about Styx.
Again,he must have been a prick,to get himself fired.
Funny that you have no comments, about what a prick Dennis must have been to get himself fired.
It would take a lot for 3 guys to fire the guy 85% responsible for Styx success (according to you),don't you think. :lol: :lol:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:15 am

Toph wrote:

As Todd Sucherman said in Methods and Mechanics, you can be the best musician, but if no one wants to work with you, your musical career is going to suck. Dennis is very talented and brought Styx to the forefront of society through his collaborations with the rest of the band, but the rest of the band couldn't stand being around him any longer. So he's gone and they're happy. It's really sad that you can't get over a firing that happened 18 years ago. Seems like you have some pretty bad clingy/attachment issues :lol:
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Brave New World

Tommy wrote everything is cool for DDY to sing on the album. He refused,they wanted DDY to come to LA to finish the album as a group. DDY said he was too sick to travel. The NEXT DAY DDY went to New York to work on hunchback. Game over for DDY ever working with Styx again.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:29 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:Brave New World

Tommy wrote everything is cool for DDY to sing on the album. He refused,they wanted DDY to come to LA to finish the album as a group. DDY said he was too sick to travel. The NEXT DAY DDY went to New York to work on hunchback. Game over for DDY ever working with Styx again.

Where is this information from? This is the first time I heard of this part.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby FormerDJMike » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Boomchild wrote:

Where is this information from? This is the first time I heard of this part.

I've heard this before and it is years old. I believe it is from an old interview with JY, probably from 1999. JY asked Dennis to fly with him to LA to get things wrapped up. Don't remember the interview but it is very old.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:07 pm

And your source for this is?
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Archetype wrote:
Toph wrote:

As Todd Sucherman said in Methods and Mechanics, you can be the best musician, but if no one wants to work with you, your musical career is going to suck. Dennis is very talented and brought Styx to the forefront of society through his collaborations with the rest of the band, but the rest of the band couldn't stand being around him any longer. So he's gone and they're happy. It's really sad that you can't get over a firing that happened 18 years ago. Seems like you have some pretty bad clingy/attachment issues :lol:

Funny, I guess most fans do then. Because this is dominating the posting on this board and other places vs. the new album that I guess has already had its shelf life expire. After all, its already #375 in albums.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 pm

The Mission performed substantially better on the charts than Brave New World, which Dennis DeYoung appeared on. The return of Dennis would not result in any significant increase in album sales or ticket sales for Styx. This is proven by how lackluster REO Speedwagon's sales for Find Your Own Way Home despite Kevin Cronin still fronting the band. Also the aforementioned failure of Brave New World, which charted very poorly its first week and then immediately faded away.

You seem to have issues with letting go of the past. Styx isn't a mainstream appeal any longer. New bands have taken their place. Bringing Dennis DeYoung back won't change that one bit. Styx is an old nostalgia act who happens so like releasing new music now and then. They will never be a top seller or massive concert draw again. Their fans are old now. Their fans have mortgages, car payments, children and grandchildren. They're no longer as interested in going to concerts and buying new albums. They're happy hearing the Styx of their youth on the radio now and leaving it at that.

The only reason this topic the predominant topic on this board is because you've been spamming the fuck out of it.
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:10 am

FormerDJMike wrote:
I've heard this before and it is years old. I believe it is from an old interview with JY, probably from 1999. JY asked Dennis to fly with him to LA to get things wrapped up. Don't remember the interview but it is very old.

My focus is on the statement "DDY then flew to NY for HB".
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:39 am

Clear that Dennis is responsible for 85% of their success.

Well, that's not clear at all. But, whatever.

The fact is he is responsible for 0% of everything since 1999. That includes "The Mission."

Funny how shortly after it is announced, DDY announces his own plans to release a concept album.

Funny how shortly after that he spins his idea of touring together, too.

Sounds to me like DDY is:
1. Jealous. Jealous that Styx can still release albums without him being a part of the band. Jealous that they do not need him to write a concept album. Jealous that they are still touring without him.

2. Control issues. Seems to me that he has not accepted the fact that he can't control Styx and the albums they release. He has not accepted that they do not need him to write a new album, or even a concept album. Can't accept the fact that Styx has been successful enough without him that they feel they do not need him, and never will need him in the band ever again.

And, it seems YOU, Toph, are mirroring these same issues.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Boomchild wrote:
FormerDJMike wrote:

I went back and found the post about this on another board. It was not the next day but it was the same week that DDY went to New York. My mistake. Tommy also wrote Just Fell In for DDY to sing which he refused to do.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/s ... 17.677997/

You will find the post I am referring to at the link above. Scroll down, near the bottom.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby gr8dane » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:16 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
FormerDJMike wrote:

I went back and found the post about this on another board. It was not the next day but it was the same week that DDY went to New York. My mistake. Tommy also wrote Just Fell In for DDY to sing which he refused to do.

You will find the post I am referring to at the link above. Scroll down, near the bottom.

Bam,mic drops.
Honest mistake ChiStyx,no problem.Great read thanks for posting. :wink:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:40 pm

Monker wrote:
Clear that Dennis is responsible for 85% of their success.

Well, that's not clear at all. But, whatever.

The fact is he is responsible for 0% of everything since 1999. That includes "The Mission."

Funny how shortly after it is announced, DDY announces his own plans to release a concept album.

Funny how shortly after that he spins his idea of touring together, too.

Sounds to me like DDY is:
1. Jealous. Jealous that Styx can still release albums without him being a part of the band. Jealous that they do not need him to write a concept album. Jealous that they are still touring without him.

2. Control issues. Seems to me that he has not accepted the fact that he can't control Styx and the albums they release. He has not accepted that they do not need him to write a new album, or even a concept album. Can't accept the fact that Styx has been successful enough without him that they feel they do not need him, and never will need him in the band ever again.

And, it seems YOU, Toph, are mirroring these same issues.

It seems to be your ape-shit monkey boy (see what I did there?)

1. How many hits, best selling albums, etc. have they had since 1999?
2. How many arenas have they played BY THEMSELVES since 1999?
3. How many amphitheaters have they played BY THEMSELVES since 1999?
4. Mission was a nice little album - I complemented in a previous post (look back, I think its a well done album), but who produced it? Who wrote a lot of it? I think they owe a huge THANK YOU to Will Evankovich.

I think DDY realizes that the time is ticking and they need to do this one more time before its too late. I think he also realizes with Journey breaking the RnR HOF glass ceiling, that they finally have a chance to get it and I think for his legacy, he'd like to see them in. Reuniting for one last big tour would likely help those chances.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:46 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
FormerDJMike wrote:

And who is this Mike person that is writing this post and what the fuck does he know? Nice try.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:40 am

Toph wrote:
It seems to be your ape-shit monkey boy (see what I did there?)

1. How many hits, best selling albums, etc. have they had since 1999?
2. How many arenas have they played BY THEMSELVES since 1999?
3. How many amphitheaters have they played BY THEMSELVES since 1999?
4. Mission was a nice little album - I complemented in a previous post (look back, I think its a well done album), but who produced it? Who wrote a lot of it? I think they owe a huge THANK YOU to Will Evankovich.

I think DDY realizes that the time is ticking and they need to do this one more time before its too late. I think he also realizes with Journey breaking the RnR HOF glass ceiling, that they finally have a chance to get it and I think for his legacy, he'd like to see them in. Reuniting for one last big tour would likely help those chances.

What part of Styx is a dinosaur nostalgia act who few people really care about and bringing Dennis back won't change that at all can't you understand? Dennis could come back, but they will not have any hits, best selling albums, or play arenas by themselves. Are you forgetting that they had Kansas on tour with them in 1996? Are you forgetting that Brave New World tanked and there wasn't a single hit song? Are you forgetting that Edge of the Century never went platinum because public interest in bands like Styx was already going down the drain at that point? And that Show Me The Way only became a hit song after some DJ overdubbed it with patriotic themes and go to war slogans? New bands have taken the place of bands like Styx, REO Speedwagon and Journey in the hearts and minds of the masses. It's asinine that you expect such an old nostalgia act to have hit songs and top selling albums in 2017.
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Next

Return to Styx