Just the facts 3

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Re: Just the facts 3

Postby Boomchild » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:45 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
I went back and found the post about this on another board. It was not the next day but it was the same week that DDY went to New York. My mistake. Tommy also wrote Just Fell In for DDY to sing which he refused to do.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/s ... 17.677997/

You will find the post I am referring to at the link above. Scroll down, near the bottom.

The information posted in that thread does not show that JY stated DDY flew to NY for HB. It was stated here that this information came from a JY interview. I'm sorry but I'm still question this assertion. Also, I noticed in the post on the other thread it states Dennis refused to tour for BMW. That is not correct. He asked for a delay on the start of the tour since he felt he wasn't healthy enough. I believe DDY asked for a delay of 6 months.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Boomchild wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:
I went back and found the post about this on another board. It was not the next day but it was the same week that DDY went to New York. My mistake. Tommy also wrote Just Fell In for DDY to sing which he refused to do.

You will find the post I am referring to at the link above. Scroll down, near the bottom.

The information posted in that thread does not show that JY stated DDY flew to NY for HB. It was stated here that this information came from a JY interview. I'm sorry but I'm still question this assertion. Also, I noticed in the post on the other thread it states Dennis refused to tour for BMW. That is not correct. He asked for a delay on the start of the tour since he felt he wasn't healthy enough. I believe DDY asked for a delay of 6 months.

I do remember hearing about the delay now that you brought it up. The band would not wait because of striking while the iron was hot with their music appearing in movies and commercials at the time not to mention releasing a new album.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:18 am

ChicagoSTYX wrote:I do remember hearing about the delay now that you brought it up. The band would not wait because of striking while the iron was hot with their music appearing in movies and commercials at the time not to mention releasing a new album.

Yep. It's been falsely stated that DDY didn't want to tour at all. Which is clearly not the truth.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Archetype » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:47 am

Boomchild wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:I do remember hearing about the delay now that you brought it up. The band would not wait because of striking while the iron was hot with their music appearing in movies and commercials at the time not to mention releasing a new album.

Yep. It's been falsely stated that DDY didn't want to tour at all. Which is clearly not the truth.

I think it's quite reasonable to say that Dennis would not be willing to tour as extensively as Styx does these days.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Archetype wrote:I think it's quite reasonable to say that Dennis would not be willing to tour as extensively as Styx does these days.

I wouldn't rule that out. But that is not the point I was trying to make.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:22 pm

ChicagoSTYX wrote:
Boomchild wrote:
ChicagoSTYX wrote:

I do remember hearing about the delay now that you brought it up. The band would not wait because of striking while the iron was hot with their music appearing in movies and commercials at the time not to mention releasing a new album.

Speed is good - if the album is finished. It clearly wasn't finished and came off as unprofessional both in terms of the song quality, editing, production as well as simple things like spelling errors and typos in the liner notes.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:10 am

Toph wrote:Speed is good - if the album is finished. It clearly wasn't finished and came off as unprofessional both in terms of the song quality, editing, production as well as simple things like spelling errors and typos in the liner notes.

The failure of BNW and then the ousting of DDY was due to the fact that the honeymoon between the members was over.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Previous

Return to Styx