Interesting that 100 Years rocks harder than Mission

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Interesting that 100 Years rocks harder than Mission

Postby Toph » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:24 am

For all the Tommy and JY lovers out there who lap up everything they say with a spoon like a dog in heat, I find it very interesting that they haven't made this observation - 100 Years From Now is a much harder rock album than The Mission. For a guy who "all he wanted to do was rock," Shaw's album (with co-writer Will Evankovich) has much lighter fare on it than 100 Years from Now.

And I am on record saying that I actually like the Mission. However, its not close to 100 Years in terms of its "heaviness."
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: Interesting that 100 Years rocks harder than Mission

Postby gr8dane » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 am

Congrats Dennis. :lol:
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Baron Von Bielski » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:06 am

Who cares if it "rocks harder"??? Both albums are very good. DDY's has a few songs I don't really care for whereas Styx's is pretty much solid all the way through. That being said there is nothing on the Mission as good as Crossing the Rubicon IMO. I don't find it too fair to compare the two seeing as there is 8 years in between release dates. When Dennis puts his new one out then it makes more sense to me.
BVB
Baron Von Bielski
8 Track

Postby Archetype » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 am

Toph has been on a Dennis vs Styx and let Dennis come back to Styx because he says so bender lately. Getting to be pretty amusing.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Archetype wrote:Toph has been on a Dennis vs Styx and let Dennis come back to Styx because he says so bender lately. Getting to be pretty amusing.

Because its true. Archetype. Sorry you can't handle the truth.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:38 am

The million dollar question is why is Toph posting so much after this declaration in June of 2016?

Thread Title: "I'm done with you people"

Toph wrote:So long. You all are all quite pathetic. See you later.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Cassie May » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 am

Boomchild wrote:The million dollar question is why is Toph posting so much after this declaration in June of 2016?

Yep. Wondered that myself.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Toph wrote:For all the Tommy and JY lovers out there who lap up everything they say with a spoon like a dog in heat, I find it very interesting that they haven't made this observation - 100 Years From Now is a much harder rock album than The Mission. For a guy who "all he wanted to do was rock," Shaw's album (with co-writer Will Evankovich) has much lighter fare on it than 100 Years from Now.

And I am on record saying that I actually like the Mission. However, its not close to 100 Years in terms of its "heaviness."

I disagree. DDY's album to me, sounds like an old guy (like me) trying to hard and not being able to capture the missing elements from TS and JY. The Mission is more natural and really does fit in with the great Styx albums of the 70s. It does not have to be balls to the wall driving guitars to be a rock album. But it can't be Babe, First Time, or Breath Again.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby gr8dane » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Cassie May wrote:
Boomchild wrote:The million dollar question is why is Toph posting so much after this declaration in June of 2016?

Yep. Wondered that myself.

He must have forgotten.
Anyways, isn't there about 3 or 4 ballads for Suzanne on there ?
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 pm

Ah Boomer, I know you must be a big Trump supporter, but its still a free country and I certainly have the right to post here.

I am just here to correct the bullshit that is spewed. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 pm

You're here to let your inner child run rampant because letting go of the past is impossible for you.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:09 am

Toph wrote:Ah Boomer, I know you must be a big Trump supporter, but its still a free country and I certainly have the right to post here.

I am just here to correct the bullshit that is spewed. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Try to stay on topic instead of deflecting to a entirely different subject. The POINT is it was you that told everyone on this board "I'm done with you people". I'm merely asking why are you now returning and rehashing the same old garbage. Speaking of garbage, if my memory serves me correctly you abandoned posting here because people were calling you out on your "inside contact with DDY". Since your back now, please let us know who that is.

BTW, no one is saying you can't post here.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:31 am

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Ah Boomer, I know you must be a big Trump supporter, but its still a free country and I certainly have the right to post here.

Try to stay on topic instead of deflecting to a entirely different subject. The POINT is it was you that told everyone on this board "I'm done with you people". I'm merely asking why are you now returning and rehashing the same old garbage. Speaking of garbage, if my memory serves me correctly you abandoned posting here because people were calling you out on your "inside contact with DDY". Since your back now, please let us know who that is.

A. I don't answer to you or anyone else.
B. Yes, I do have an inside contact and that's none of your fucking business who it is.
C. I abandoned posting because I was sick of people beating up on DDY. I regained interest when the Mission came out.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 am

Toph wrote:A. I don't answer to you or anyone else.
B. Yes, I do have an inside contact and that's none of your fucking business who it is.
C. I abandoned posting because I was sick of people beating up on DDY. I regained interest when the Mission came out.

A. Then you must think you are talking to yourself. You may want to get checked out.

B. This was bullshit then and still is.

C. Which like always quickly shifted to your rantings about Styx is DDY's band and that they need to bring him back.

Essentially your comment that you were done conversing in this forum was only a lie in order to stave off the repeated attempts for you to own up to your "DDY insider" contact.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby Toph » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 am

Boomchild wrote:

A. Then you must think you are talking to yourself. You may want to get checked out.

C. Which like always quickly shifted to your rantings about Styx is DDY's band and that they need to bring him back.

Essentially your comment that you were done conversing in this forum was only a lie in order to stave off the repeated attempts for you to own up to your "DDY insider" contact.

Nope. Wrong. I am in the music business moron and have been for 38 years. But keep believing what you want to believe.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:15 am

Toph wrote:
Boomchild wrote:

Nope. Wrong. I am in the music business moron and have been for 38 years. But keep believing what you want to believe.

Spamming music forums with nonsense doesn't mean you're in the music business, sorry to tell you.
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Toph wrote:Nope. Wrong. I am in the music business moron and have been for 38 years. But keep believing what you want to believe.

Oh that's right, I remember you trying to convince people of this when you were also trying to lead people to believe you also have a "inside source" For DDY. Sadly I don't think working at F.Y.E. or some independent record store constitutes as "being in the music business". Even IF you do, it's disappointing. Seeing that someone like that would fixate on one band and one member with all the bands out there. Surely other bands have had more scandalous and dramatic break ups then Styx.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby gr8dane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:42 am

Spamming music forums with nonsense doesn't mean you're in the music business, sorry to tell you.

Guess it does to toph. :wink:
gr8dane
Stereo LP

Postby Toph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Boomchild wrote:
Toph wrote:Nope. Wrong. I am in the music business moron and have been for 38 years. But keep believing what you want to believe.

Oh that's right, I remember you trying to convince people of this when you were also trying to lead people to believe you also have a "inside source" For DDY. Sadly I don't think working at F.Y.E. or some independent record store constitutes as "being in the music business". Even IF you do, it's disappointing. Seeing that someone like that would fixate on one band and one member with all the bands out there. Surely other bands have had more scandalous and dramatic break ups then Styx.

Yeah, that's it Boomer! I worked at FYE. Yep! Bingo! You're brilliant. If that's what you want to believe. :roll:
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Boomchild wrote:

Actually, he just played Rock Band and Guitar Hero a few times and thinks that is the "music business". Everybody knows that to really be a part of the music business you need to play Rocksmith.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Boomchild wrote:[

Not yet anyway....give it time.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Monker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:37 pm

No, you do not have the right to post here.

You have been given the privilege to post here by Andrew...and it can be taken away. Ask Froyline.
Monker
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Toph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Monker wrote:

You have been given the privilege to post here by Andrew...and it can be taken away. Ask Froyline.

And yourself....
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby Archetype » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:41 pm

Toph wrote:
Monker wrote:

And yourself....

He never claimed otherwise or asserted his presence here as a "right." You did.
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Boomchild » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 am

Toph wrote:Yeah, that's it Boomer! I worked at FYE. Yep! Bingo! You're brilliant. If that's what you want to believe. :roll:

Then enlighten us. What is your job? You know you can describe it without giving away who you work for. Even if it is "in the music business" it can't be anything substantial. Which is clear by your behavior in this forum. Have you reported to your "inside DDY contact" your vigorous defense of DDY here? I'm sure he\she is waiting for an update.
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Return to Styx