Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Postby Toph » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Ok, I'm moving on from the DDY vs. JY/TS as Andrew has asked and I will posit that "Radio Silence" is really growing on me. Really strong song. They should make a video for that one.
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: New Topic

Postby yogi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 am

Locomotive and The Greater Good are my favs. But I too love Radio Silence.

Those three in a row are tremendous.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:30 am

yogi wrote:Locomotive and The Greater Good are my favs. But I too love Radio Silence.

Those three in a row are tremendous.

Locomotive doesn't do much for me. My favorites are (not in any order) - Gone, Gone, Gone, Radio Silence, The Outpost, and The Greater Good. I like parts of Red Storm too.

I'm not as into Locomotive or Trouble At The Big Show
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby brywool » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 am

I like "Locomotive" but the fact that it's a nickname for the character doesn't work for me. It's too bad that something else couldn't have replaced that word. It just makes it so the listener has to know the backstory, which derails it. Still like the song. But I'd have wanted to change that. They SHOULD make a video for Radio Silence or Outpost.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 am

Wow, they must have seen your post Toph! That was fast!
https://youtu.be/K8DkKpuDKi0
Last edited by ChicagoSTYX on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:21 am

Red Storm and The Outpost are my favorites, but I love the whole album start to finish. Mission To Mars is kind of goofy and campy, but it works and closes out the album well.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Return to Styx