Can someone tell me why they won't release....

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Can someone tell me why they won't release....

Postby Toph » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 pm

The Greater Good as a single?

IMO, that could actually cross over. The duet between Gowan and Shaw and it being a softer song could get some airplay on AC radio. I know when people hear AC, they think "Oh no, not that. This is the new Styx and we want to ROCK!" Well, there is no outlet for true rock songs anymore and the only chance you have to get airplay if you are an older band is through AC where they may be receptive to a quality song. I've heard new Foreigner, REO to a small degree on AC radio and of course Journey struck it big with "After All These Years" off Revelation on AC.

Put some marketing umph behind that song and see if you can't continue the momentum on this album, because what ever numbers you want to look at - whether its my ranking on Amazon or the other rankings that Monker is putting out there, the album is starting to fade a bit and needs to be propped up if you don't want it to fade away.

Just some marketing thoughts....
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: Can someone tell me why they won't release....

Postby yogi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 am

ABSOLUTELY correct Toph!!!

This song could garner radio play on Adult Contemporary stations from local markets, to the AC stations on XM Radio. This is a solid song that I really liked from the first time I heard it. Very few songs grab me on a first listen. This song totally did.
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 am

Toph wrote:The Greater Good as a single?

IMO, that could actually cross over. The duet between Gowan and Shaw and it being a softer song could get some airplay on AC radio. I know when people hear AC, they think "Oh no, not that. This is the new Styx and we want to ROCK!" Well, there is no outlet for true rock songs anymore and the only chance you have to get airplay if you are an older band is through AC where they may be receptive to a quality song. I've heard new Foreigner, REO to a small degree on AC radio and of course Journey struck it big with "After All These Years" off Revelation on AC.

Put some marketing umph behind that song and see if you can't continue the momentum on this album, because what ever numbers you want to look at - whether its my ranking on Amazon or the other rankings that Monker is putting out there, the album is starting to fade a bit and needs to be propped up if you don't want it to fade away.

Just some marketing thoughts....

I agree. Maybe it will be the next single.
STYX new Album coming in 2017
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby masque » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:16 am

one of the best songs on the album!
masque
8 Track

Postby Toph » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:05 am

yogi wrote:ABSOLUTELY correct Toph!!!

This song could garner radio play on Adult Contemporary stations from local markets, to the AC stations on XM Radio. This is a solid song that I really liked from the first time I heard it. Very few songs grab me on a first listen. This song totally did.

You know a song that got airplay on Sirius/XM AC stations? Dennis DeYoung's "I Believe In You" off the 100 Years From Now album. It still comes up on my Pandora stations sometimes.
Toph
Stereo LP

Postby brywool » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:22 am

It's a great song as is "The Outpost". In 2017, I just don't think people care about singles. But yeah, it'd be nice to see it out there. Love that song.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Styx