BEsides STYX????

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

BEsides STYX????

Postby yogi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Growing up I rarely purchased any 45's. I pretty much always purchased the album.

My intro to Styx was when I heard my older brother playing the 45 Lady. At some point I stole it from him and listened to it along with the B side Children Of The Land ( which I really didnt like).

I really never saw many 45's from the band. What was the B side to Lorelei? B side for Mademoiselle,Come Sail Away, Fooling Yourself.......... High Time, Music Time....... Love is the Ritual's B side was Homewrecker, Show Me The Way?? Love at First Sight?? ....... Too Much Time On My Hands?????? etc etc...................

If I remember correctly when Blue Collar Man was released Queen of Spades was its B side. Is That correct? I also believe that Styx released Sing For The Day as their second single and Renegade was the B side. Is that correct? If so how did that work? Because then when Renegade was released as Styx's 3rd single off of Pieces Of Eight wasnt Lord Of The Rings its B side? Many wouldnt purchase Renegade since they already had it on the Sing For The Day release. I may be way off on all of this.

I think the only singles I ever saw were off the Pieces of Eight album and of course the single lady.

So what were the Besides of all the Styx released singles. I truly dont know

Finally can we get thru this 'Assembly Line' without another love fest from Toph & Monker??
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby gr8dane » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Check Styx on rateyourmusic.com 8)
Jesus loves you ,but everybody else thinks you're a knob.
User avatar
gr8dane
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: Zoltar 7

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby yogi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:20 am

Thank you. I just logged off that site. Its great but some of it is WRONG.

For 100% sure the B side to Lady that we owned had 'Children Of the Land' on it. I'm 100% sure of this.

I'm also 95% sure or more that Sing For The Day was Styx's second release off of POE. It stalled at #41. I purchased the single at a Target store. Renegade was the B side. The only reason Im not 100% sure is looking at the 45 jacket for Renegade I've seen that jacket before many times.

Damn Im getting old
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Toph » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:37 am

Going backwards (and this is from memory)

Love At First Sight b/w World Tonite
Show Me The Way b/w Back to Chicago
Love Is The Ritual b/w Homewrecker (Can you imagine picking up that single? You'd get a VERY different perspective of Styx)
Music Time b/w live version of Heavy Metal Poisoning
High Time b/w Double Life
DLIE/RTP
Roboto/Snowblind

I think BoT was b/w Lights
TMTOMH b/w Borrowed Time maybe?

I'll need to look up the rest.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Boomchild » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:48 am

yogi wrote:
For 100% sure the B side to Lady that we owned had 'Children Of the Land' on it. I'm 100% sure of this.


I believe WN released more then one 45 single for Lady. They each had different B sides.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
User avatar
Boomchild
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5724
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Monker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:19 am

I never paid attention to vinyl singles. I didn't see the point if I had bought the album. When CD singles started I bought a few of them...because they sometimes had extra songs not on the CD, or at least alternate versions.

The ones I remember are:
U2 - I think it is the single for "One"...It has the extra song, "The Lady With the Spinning Head"...pretty good song.

Damn Yankees - Come Again/High Enough...It has an accoustic guitar version of "Come Again".

John Waite - "In Dreams"...has three alternate versions of the song and the extra song "Ecstasy"

Journey - "A Test of Time3"...not really a CD single, but a compilation of some of the extras in the box set.

Journey - "Open Arms"....I know there was a CD single that was issued to sell the remasters released just prior to TBF. Don't remember what else was on it...Maybe DSB.
User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Kilroy1983 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:42 am

STYX WOODEN NICKEL RECORDS SINGLES (USA)
**********************************************
[73-0106] BEST THING – ℗1972 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc.
Heads: Best Thing, Tails: What Has Come Between Us

[73-0111] I’M GONNA MAKE YOU FEEL IT – ℗1973 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc.
Heads: I´m Gonna Make You Feel It, Tails: Quick Is The beat Of My Heart

[73-0116] LADY – ℗1973 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc.
Heads: Lady, Tails: You Better Ask

[SPS-45-442] FATHER O.S.A. – ℗1973 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc. {Promo only}
Heads: Father O.S.A., Tails: A Day

[BWB0-0065] WINNER TAKE ALL – ℗1973 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc.
Heads: Winner Take All, Tails: You Need Love

[BWB0-0252] UNFINISHED SONG – ℗1974 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc.
Heads: Unfinished Song, Tails: Young Man

[WB-10027] LIES – ℗1974 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc.
Heads: Lies, Tails: 22 Years

[WB-10102] LADY – ℗1973 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc. / ©1974
Heads: Lady, Tails: Children Of The Land

[WB-10272] YOU NEED LOVE – ℗1973 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc. / ©1975
Heads: You Need Love, Tails: You Better Ask

[WB-10329] BEST THING – ℗1974 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc. / ©1975
Heads: Best Thing, Tails: Havin’ A Ball

[WB-11205] BEST THING – ℗1977 Wooden Nickel Records, Inc. / ©1978
Heads: Best Thing, Tails: Winner Take All



STYX 1975-1984 A&M RECORDS SINGLES (USA)
******************************************************
[AM-1786] LORELEI – ℗1975 A&M Records, Inc.
Lorelei b/w Midnight Ride

[AM-1818] LIGHT UP– ℗1975 A&M Records, Inc.
Light Up b/w Born For Adventure

[AM-1877] MADEMOISELLE– ℗1976 A&M Records, Inc.
Mademoiselle b/w Light Up

[AM-1900] JENNIFER– ℗1976 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Jennifer b/w Shooz

[AM-1931] CRYSTAL BALL– ℗1976 A&M Records, Inc.
Crystal Ball b/w Put Me On

[AM-1977] COME SAIL AWAY – ℗1977 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Come Sail Away (Edited Version) b/w Put Me On

[AM-2007] FOOLING YOURSELF – ℗1977 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Fooling Yourself b/w The Grand Finale

[AM-2087] BLUE COLLAR MAN – ℗1978 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Blue Collar Man b/w Superstars
[AM-2110] SING FOR THE DAY– ℗1978 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Sing For The Day b/w Queen Of Spades

[AM-2110] RENEGADE– ℗1978 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Renegade b/w Sing For The Day

[AM-2188] BABE– ℗1979 A&M Records, Inc.
Babe b/w I’m O.K.

[AM-2206] WHY ME– ℗1979 A&M Records, Inc.
Why Me b/w Lights

[AM-2228] BORROWED TIME– ℗1979 A&M Records, Inc.
Borrowed Time b/w Eddie

[AM-2300] THE BEST OF TIMES– ℗1980 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
The Best Of Times b/w Lights

[AM-2323] TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS – ℗1980 A&M Records, Inc.
Too Much Time On My Hands b/w Queen Of Spades

[AM-2348] NOTHING EVER GOES AS PLANNED– ℗1980 A&M Records, Inc.
Nothing Ever Goes As Planned b/w Never Say Never

[AM-2525] MR. ROBOTO– ℗1983 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Mr. Roboto b/w Snowblind

[AM-2543] DON’T LET IT END– ℗1983 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Don’t Let It End b/w (A.D. 1928) Rockin’ The Paradise

[AM-2568] HIGH TIME– ℗1983 A&M Records, Inc.
High Time b/w Double Life

[AM-2625] MUSIC TIME– ℗1984 A&M Records, Inc. [PS]
Music Time b/w Heavy Metal Poisoning (Live)
User avatar
Kilroy1983
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, Brasil

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby yogi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:49 am

Thank you for the list.

I would bet $100 that back in the day in Mpls/St.Paul WLOL thought Lights was the release. They played it all the time.It might of even been top 10 on their playlist. Never once did I hear Why Me on the radio. Also the ONLY release that I EVER saw of Renegade was when they were pushing Sing For The Day and Renegade was the BEside.


* Any idea about Show Me The Way's B side, Love at First Sight's BEsides? I know that Love Is The Ritual's B side was Homewrecker.

How about Paradise, On My Way, Dear John, It Takes Love & Little Suzie?? Were any of those ever released?? If so what were their BEsides?
yogi
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 am
Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Monker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 am

User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Monker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:38 am

User avatar
Monker
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 9427
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Kilroy1983 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:33 pm

yogi wrote:Thank you for the list.

I would bet $100 that back in the day in Mpls/St.Paul WLOL thought Lights was the release. They played it all the time.It might of even been top 10 on their playlist. Never once did I hear Why Me on the radio. Also the ONLY release that I EVER saw of Renegade was when they were pushing Sing For The Day and Renegade was the BEside.


* Any idea about Show Me The Way's B side, Love at First Sight's BEsides? I know that Love Is The Ritual's B side was Homewrecker.

How about Paradise, On My Way, Dear John, It Takes Love & Little Suzie?? Were any of those ever released?? If so what were their BEsides?


They are here:

STYX SINGLES – A&M FORGET ME NOTS SERIES (7-INCH)
AM–8610 – Come Sail Away b/w Fooling Yourself
AM–8617 – Blue Collar Man b/w Lorelei
AM–8618 – Renegade b/w Sing For The Day
AM–8626 – Babe b/w Why Me

STYX SINGLES – A&M MEMORIES SERIES (7-INCH)
AM–8610 – Come Sail Away b/w Fooling Yourself
AM–8618 – Renegade b/w Sing For The Day
AM–8626 – Babe b/w Why Me
AM–8630 – The Best Of Times b/w Too Much Time On My Hands
AM–8644 – Mr. Roboto b/w Don’t Let It End
75021 8696 7 – Show Me The Way b/w Love At First Sight

STYX SINGLES (CASSETTE)
75021 8626 4 – Baby b/w Why Me ℗1989 A&M Records, Inc. [A&M Digital Memories Series]
75021 1525 4 – Love Is The Ritual b/w Homewrecker ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc.
75021 1536 4 – Show Me The Way b/w Back To Chicago ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc.
75021 1548 4 – Love At First Sight b/w World Tonight ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc.

STYX SINGLES (CD)
75021 7428 2 – Love Is The Ritual ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
75021 7438 2 – Show Me The Way (LP/Edit/AC Mix) ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
75021 7511 2 – Love At First Sight ℗1991 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
31458 0740 2 – Babe / Why Me ℗1995 A&M Records, Inc. [A&M Digital Memories Series]
AMSAD 00228 – Greatest Hits Part 2 – A Sampler ℗1996 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
Tracks: It Takes Love/Little Suzie/A.D. 1928/Rockin’ The Paradise
AMCDP 00270 – Little Suzie ℗1996 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
AMCDP 00271 – It Takes Love ℗1996 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87211–2 – Return Of Paradise – A Sampler ℗1996 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
Tracks: Lady (Live)/Boat On The River (Live)/Renegade (Live)/Dear John
CMCDJ 87216–2 – Paradise (Album/Mix #2) ℗1997 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87217–2 – On My Way ℗1997 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87238–2 – Dear John/Rockin’ The Paradise ℗1997 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87303–2 – Everything Is Cool (Album/Edit) ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87308–2 – While There´s Still Time ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87313–2 – Number One ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
XTSDJ 87318–2 – XTS: I Will Be Your Witness (Album/Edit) ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87319–2 – Edge Of The Century (Live) / Best New Face + Messages ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87329–2 – Arch Allies – A Sampler (with REO) ℗2000 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
Tracks: Blue Collar Man (Live)/Roll With The Changes (Live)
CMCDJ 87338–2 – A Criminal Mind (Live) / High Enough (Live) ℗2001 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87342–2 – Waiting For Our Time ℗2003 Sanctuary Records Group/CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87343–2 – Yes I Can ℗2003 Sanctuary Records Group/CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87344–2 – These are The Times (Radio Edit/Album Version/Live Version) ℗2003 Sanctuary Records Group/CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CATR 05174–2 – Can´t Find My Way Home ℗2005 Universal Music Enterprises [CD Promo Only]
User avatar
Kilroy1983
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, Brasil

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby FormerDJMike » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:30 am

Most of those can be found on the discogs site. Awesome stuff on that site from any artist you can think of.
User avatar
FormerDJMike
8 Track
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 am
Location: Somewhere In America

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Toph » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 am

Kilroy1983 wrote:
yogi wrote:Thank you for the list.

I would bet $100 that back in the day in Mpls/St.Paul WLOL thought Lights was the release. They played it all the time.It might of even been top 10 on their playlist. Never once did I hear Why Me on the radio. Also the ONLY release that I EVER saw of Renegade was when they were pushing Sing For The Day and Renegade was the BEside.


* Any idea about Show Me The Way's B side, Love at First Sight's BEsides? I know that Love Is The Ritual's B side was Homewrecker.

How about Paradise, On My Way, Dear John, It Takes Love & Little Suzie?? Were any of those ever released?? If so what were their BEsides?


They are here:

STYX SINGLES – A&M FORGET ME NOTS SERIES (7-INCH)
AM–8610 – Come Sail Away b/w Fooling Yourself
AM–8617 – Blue Collar Man b/w Lorelei
AM–8618 – Renegade b/w Sing For The Day
AM–8626 – Babe b/w Why Me

STYX SINGLES – A&M MEMORIES SERIES (7-INCH)
AM–8610 – Come Sail Away b/w Fooling Yourself
AM–8618 – Renegade b/w Sing For The Day
AM–8626 – Babe b/w Why Me
AM–8630 – The Best Of Times b/w Too Much Time On My Hands
AM–8644 – Mr. Roboto b/w Don’t Let It End
75021 8696 7 – Show Me The Way b/w Love At First Sight

STYX SINGLES (CASSETTE)
75021 8626 4 – Baby b/w Why Me ℗1989 A&M Records, Inc. [A&M Digital Memories Series]
75021 1525 4 – Love Is The Ritual b/w Homewrecker ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc.
75021 1536 4 – Show Me The Way b/w Back To Chicago ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc.
75021 1548 4 – Love At First Sight b/w World Tonight ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc.

STYX SINGLES (CD)
75021 7428 2 – Love Is The Ritual ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
75021 7438 2 – Show Me The Way (LP/Edit/AC Mix) ℗1990 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
75021 7511 2 – Love At First Sight ℗1991 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
31458 0740 2 – Babe / Why Me ℗1995 A&M Records, Inc. [A&M Digital Memories Series]
AMSAD 00228 – Greatest Hits Part 2 – A Sampler ℗1996 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
Tracks: It Takes Love/Little Suzie/A.D. 1928/Rockin’ The Paradise
AMCDP 00270 – Little Suzie ℗1996 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
AMCDP 00271 – It Takes Love ℗1996 A&M Records, Inc. [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87211–2 – Return Of Paradise – A Sampler ℗1996 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
Tracks: Lady (Live)/Boat On The River (Live)/Renegade (Live)/Dear John
CMCDJ 87216–2 – Paradise (Album/Mix #2) ℗1997 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87217–2 – On My Way ℗1997 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87238–2 – Dear John/Rockin’ The Paradise ℗1997 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87303–2 – Everything Is Cool (Album/Edit) ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87308–2 – While There´s Still Time ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87313–2 – Number One ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
XTSDJ 87318–2 – XTS: I Will Be Your Witness (Album/Edit) ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87319–2 – Edge Of The Century (Live) / Best New Face + Messages ℗1999 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87329–2 – Arch Allies – A Sampler (with REO) ℗2000 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
Tracks: Blue Collar Man (Live)/Roll With The Changes (Live)
CMCDJ 87338–2 – A Criminal Mind (Live) / High Enough (Live) ℗2001 CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87342–2 – Waiting For Our Time ℗2003 Sanctuary Records Group/CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87343–2 – Yes I Can ℗2003 Sanctuary Records Group/CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CMCDJ 87344–2 – These are The Times (Radio Edit/Album Version/Live Version) ℗2003 Sanctuary Records Group/CMC International Records [CD Promo Only]
CATR 05174–2 – Can´t Find My Way Home ℗2005 Universal Music Enterprises [CD Promo Only]


Memories and Forget Me Not were specific A&M products released as double sided "hit" singles years after the single had come and gone. It was designed to drive excitement of singles, which at the time, were falling out of favor.
Toph
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: BEsides STYX????

Postby Kilroy1983 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 am

FormerDJMike wrote:Most of those can be found on the discogs site. Awesome stuff on that site from any artist you can think of.


Yes... also 45cat site for vinyl singles only.
User avatar
Kilroy1983
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 pm
Location: Sao Paulo, Brasil


Return to Styx

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests