Moderator: Andrew

Nice!

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:37 am

STYX new Album "The Mission Home" coming in 2019
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Re: Nice!

Postby Cassie May » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 am

The fan base on Facebook went nuts over this, voting on multiple devices every hour the entire time. Now they are all tripping over themselves in congratulations, and planning the same thing to get the band in the hall of fame. I just shook my head at it all. So, Styx got album and song of the year on an online music site, driven by a small contingent of die hards who apparently had nothing better to do. Color me cynical, but in the grand scheme of things, so what?

Disclaimer: In this post, the role of Toph has been played by Cassie May.

Seriously though, I thought the whole thing was ridiculous.
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby yogi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:07 am

FANTASTIC album. Every song is a keeper. For me it gets better and better with every listen.

Congratulations Styx. Well deserved!
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby masque » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:52 pm

cool! cassie is right, it's no big deal, but it's better to have won album of the year in a nothing kind of way than to not have even been mentioned on this nothing kind of site right?
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby Toph » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:15 am

Cassie May wrote:The fan base on Facebook went nuts over this, voting on multiple devices every hour the entire time. Now they are all tripping over themselves in congratulations, and planning the same thing to get the band in the hall of fame. I just shook my head at it all. So, Styx got album and song of the year on an online music site, driven by a small contingent of die hards who apparently had nothing better to do. Color me cynical, but in the grand scheme of things, so what?

Disclaimer: In this post, the role of Toph has been played by Cassie May.

Seriously though, I thought the whole thing was ridiculous.

Right up there with the Grammys....
Toph
Stereo LP

Return to Styx