Nobody Ever Really Reunites

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Nobody Ever Really Reunites

Postby StyxGuy » Wed May 02, 2018 8:42 am

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rock-bands-no-reunions/

Styx
Co-founding guitarist James "J.Y." Young has been leading a Styx lineup featuring longtime member Tommy Shaw and other newcomers since the 1999 exit of singer Dennis DeYoung. Original bassist Chuck Panozzo still occasionally sits in.
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Re: Nobody Ever Really Reunites

Postby masque » Thu May 03, 2018 6:26 am

yep, nice link.

that's what I have been saying for years around......I'm not sure why it'a always such a big deal to everyone, because there are soooooooooooooo few bands that every keep all original people together for runs of 30-40 years.

to me I'm just glad to see these bands doing what they can to still get out there and make the music available from a live standpoint and as a fan it is 100% up to me whether I am willing to support the lineup and pay my money to go see them. so I dont care who is in what band much these days......the bigger question is whether the band is actually any good or not, do they entertain me and do I feel like i got my money;'s worth? if I do then I go, or I go multiple times to see bands.

SURE, I would rather all the original guys be together but I accept what it is these days for almost all of these bands.
masque
Cassette Tape

Re: Nobody Ever Really Reunites

Postby StyxGuy » Thu May 03, 2018 9:45 am

I *wish* once I'd had the opportunity to see Dennis in Styx. They were kind of the first band I really got into when I was a teenager... Rush and Pink Floyd were in there too.

I've been lucky enough to see him in concert once, and was lucky enough to meet him after the show. It was his manager who noticed me patiently waiting (I didn't really speak up and he just finished signing about 20 albums to these two autograph hounds and headed to his car...) and said "hey you want a photo with Dennis?

Dennis came over, shook my hand, stood beside me, put his arm around me and then declared "holy shit! how old are you?!" I told him "I'm 23 Dennis!" and we had our picture taken :)

That was all the way back in 2007. Since then I've seen Styx 10 times. Met Glenn and Todd at my first Styx concert in 2000 (and JY... but that wasn't an enjoyable experience)

I never saw Prince (he did 2 pop-up shows in Toronto a few years back I almost went to) or Tom Petty (I just didn't get a ticket) and I've said I'm not going to miss out anymore.

This year I'm seeing The Eagles, and Elton John.. Jethro Tull, going to Farm Aid (again)... I'm doing it while they still have time, cause I'm still quite young :P
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Return to Styx