Dumb asses blow it again

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Dumb asses blow it again

Postby Toph » Sat May 12, 2018 11:05 am

According to DDY's latest Facebook post, Jimmy Fallon wanted the original band on the show to recreate the TMTOMH video that he did with Paul Rudd. But he said, "unfortunately it wasn't in the cards." Yep, JY and Tommy's egos and idiocy strike again.
Toph
Stereo LP

Re: Dumb asses blow it again

Postby Boomchild » Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Toph wrote:According to DDY's latest Facebook post, Jimmy Fallon wanted the original band on the show to recreate the TMTOMH video that he did with Paul Rudd. But he said, "unfortunately it wasn't in the cards." Yep, JY and Tommy's egos and idiocy strike again.

Think about it. They would have had to have someone imitate DDY in the recreation. That is what they are trying to distance themselves from.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby ChicagoSTYX » Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 am

Toph wrote:According to DDY's latest Facebook post, Jimmy Fallon wanted the original band on the show to recreate the TMTOMH video that he did with Paul Rudd. But he said, "unfortunately it wasn't in the cards." Yep, JY and Tommy's egos and idiocy strike again.

Yes, that’s exactly what they should have done. Go on national tv with an x member while they’re in the middle of recording a new album so the can be made fun of. Would have been a great move!
STYX new Album "The Mission Home" coming in 2019
ChicagoSTYX
Cassette Tape

Postby Archetype » Sun May 13, 2018 3:01 am

They don’t like Dennis. They aren’t going to work with a guy they don’t like for your sake. Obsessive much?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby Cassie May » Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Jesus, Toph, why don't you ask Andrew to set up a DDY forum page so you can obsess and rant all you want? I'm really fed up with your disrespectful and hate-filled posts about the band, your constant refusal to let go of the past, your obsessive harping on past issues that have been over with for decades, and your nastiness to the people here. Here's a question for you: You are so obsessed with getting Dennis back in the band--why, when that would mean he'd be back working with people you call dumb asses?
Sometimes it makes no sense at all.
Cassie May
45 RPM

Postby Boomchild » Sun May 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Cassie May wrote:Jesus, Toph, why don't you ask Andrew to set up a DDY forum page so you can obsess and rant all you want? I'm really fed up with your disrespectful and hate-filled posts about the band, your constant refusal to let go of the past, your obsessive harping on past issues that have been over with for decades, and your nastiness to the people here. Here's a question for you: You are so obsessed with getting Dennis back in the band--why, when that would mean he'd be back working with people you call dumb asses?

I think Toph thinks that Styx would magically be selling out stadiums again if they brought back DDY. Which I highly doubt would be the case. They just don't have that big of a fan base anymore. That's with or without DDY being in the band. I think like DDY, Toph over estimates the amount of fans that really want a reunion with DDY. If it was so huge, the current Styx would not have been able to continue on like they have. The truth is that a Styx that includes DDY is over. Like it or not. They tried it in the late '90s and it's evident that some of the bad blood still existed. As long as JY is a component DDY is not going to be asked to return. So some need to move on and support the faction they like.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." George Washington
Boomchild
Compact Disc

Postby masque » Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 pm

#1) styx with DDY draws about an extra 1500-2500 per market for the next season or two at the most and once the "new" wears off it would likely be about the same as it is now. Therefore, not enough incentive to do it.

#2) appearing on Fallon is not the huge career enhancer you believe it is......especially for a band the age of styx or DDY.

#3) as "cute" as Fallon believes he is, I'm not sure the members of styx along with DDY, want to go back to putting on those outfits and allowing themselves to be made fun of on TV, regardless of the size of the audience. To me that would not be a whole lot different than the "joke" TS and TN used to do at the damn yankee shows poking fun at babe.

#4) why even consider this if the actual band is not going to have DDY in it? what's the point. NOW, if they were reuniting and doing a summer tour and came on the show to play an actual song and not be made fun of, then it certainly wouldnt hurt to get the word out, even as much as I believe appearing on Fallon is a non-factor. But I sure as hell wouldnt do it to allow him to have fun over the cheesiness of one of their videos.
masque
Cassette Tape

Postby StyxGuy » Tue May 15, 2018 2:23 am

masque wrote:#1) styx with DDY draws about an extra 1500-2500 per market for the next season or two at the most and once the "new" wears off it would likely be about the same as it is now. Therefore, not enough incentive to do it.

#2) appearing on Fallon is not the huge career enhancer you believe it is......especially for a band the age of styx or DDY.

#3) as "cute" as Fallon believes he is, I'm not sure the members of styx along with DDY, want to go back to putting on those outfits and allowing themselves to be made fun of on TV, regardless of the size of the audience. To me that would not be a whole lot different than the "joke" TS and TN used to do at the damn yankee shows poking fun at babe.

#4) why even consider this if the actual band is not going to have DDY in it? what's the point. NOW, if they were reuniting and doing a summer tour and came on the show to play an actual song and not be made fun of, then it certainly wouldnt hurt to get the word out, even as much as I believe appearing on Fallon is a non-factor. But I sure as hell wouldnt do it to allow him to have fun over the cheesiness of one of their videos.

Fallon should just get Dennis in ;)
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Return to Styx