Page 1 of 1

StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:14 am
by gr8dane
Did you hear about stagehand strike at the Ex ???
Don't know if that will affect the show, if a no go.
Better check before you go.
Maybe you will miss out again.
If he is on, I'll be there.

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:54 am
by StyxGuy
The dispute is between Exhibition Place and the stagehands union. The CNE is a tenant of Exhibition Place and has now hired staff they need to make everything happen.

You might have to go past picket lines tomorrow, but as far as I know, Dennis will be playing and the CNE will be fully operational... at least I'm hoping so, cause I'm going!

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:58 am
by yogi
Dennis would never cross a picket line. I heard that If Dennis doesnt play they are bringing in some SCABS to take his place -

STYX

(sorry I'm not taking sides but I couldnt resist that)

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 am
by StyxGuy
yogi wrote:Dennis would never cross a picket line. I heard that If Dennis doesnt play they are bringing in some SCABS to take his place -

STYX

(sorry I'm not taking sides but I couldnt resist that)



Aww, but I saw Styx last month "across the street" from the Exhibition Fairgrounds, I need me some Dennis!!! :P

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:28 am
by gr8dane
StyxGuy wrote:The dispute is between Exhibition Place and the stagehands union. The CNE is a tenant of Exhibition Place and has now hired staff they need to make everything happen.

You might have to go past picket lines tomorrow, but as far as I know, Dennis will be playing and the CNE will be fully operational... at least I'm hoping so, cause I'm going!


Ah,good.It's on.Better bring some rain gear, it looks like.:)

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:48 am
by StyxGuy
Yep, hoping the rain today maybe cuts it for tomorrow as I wanted to bring my camera and get some snaps ;)

Talked to the CNE and they've said everything is on tomorrow!

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:49 am
by StyxGuy
I'll be there in a Jethro Tull shirt ;)

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:46 am
by gr8dane
StyxGuy wrote:I'll be there in a Jethro Tull shirt ;)


Roxy Music.
You take the snaps and I'll drink the schnapps .:)

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:28 am
by StyxGuy
Or a yellow ponco cause of the rain ;)

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:20 pm
by gr8dane
We staggered in about 10 minutes before Dennis went on.We were up front.
Sorry I missed you.Great show.Hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :)
And no major rainstorm.Lucky that was eh ??

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm
by StyxGuy
gr8dane wrote:We staggered in about 10 minutes before Dennis went on.We were up front.
Sorry I missed you.Great show.Hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :)
And no major rainstorm.Lucky that was eh ??


I was there up front starting with the opening act. I was in a yellow poncho, almost centre stage, off to the right.

It was great.. so glad I got to see Dennis again! Took a good chunk of photos (gotta pick the good ones and process them before sharing), though I was kind of surprised with how many other amateurs like me where there snapping away :P

If you look up TMAK World on Facebook, there's video of Mr Roboto.

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 pm
by gr8dane
StyxGuy wrote:
gr8dane wrote:We staggered in about 10 minutes before Dennis went on.We were up front.
Sorry I missed you.Great show.Hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :)
And no major rainstorm.Lucky that was eh ??


I was there up front starting with the opening act. I was in a yellow poncho, almost centre stage, off to the right.

It was great.. so glad I got to see Dennis again! Took a good chunk of photos (gotta pick the good ones and process them before sharing), though I was kind of surprised with how many other amateurs like me where there snapping away :P

If you look up TMAK World on Facebook, there's video of Mr Roboto.


I was in front of Dennis' keys, about 7 rows of people out.
Good times.
Kansas on the 1rst of September.Same place.

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:02 am
by StyxGuy
Here are some photos I snapped :)

https://imgur.com/a/7cI0LBh

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:34 am
by gr8dane
Nice shots.Well done.

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 am
by Boomchild
StyxGuy wrote:Here are some photos I snapped :)

https://imgur.com/a/7cI0LBh


Great shots. Especially like the shot with DDY holding the Roboto mask. It cracks me up to see him autographing stuff while doing the show. What was the set list like? Is he still including Miss America? Did he talk about his new album coming out?

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:17 pm
by StyxGuy
Boomchild wrote:
StyxGuy wrote:Here are some photos I snapped :)

https://imgur.com/a/7cI0LBh


Great shots. Especially like the shot with DDY holding the Roboto mask. It cracks me up to see him autographing stuff while doing the show. What was the set list like? Is he still including Miss America? Did he talk about his new album coming out?



Yeah, that mask is apparently the one made for the video :) The autographing while singing was too good... one lady there had a stack of album covers she was trying to get signed (depending on the song, she grabbed the proper album and held it up... I think she got one of them signed, hah)

He didn't mention the new album (at least I don't recall it) and I think it was a shorter set (13 songs)

GI, Lady, Loreli, Blue Collar Man, Desert Moon, Mr. Roboto, Too Much Time, Babe, Fooling Yourself, Prelude 12/Suite Madame Blue, Best of Times, Renegade and CSA

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:38 am
by blt man
Anyone going to his Grand Illusion Show at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on October 20th? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not and went to the website today to check on availability. The remaining seat choices are very fair at best.

He played there about 11 years ago and I went. The crowd at the time was a mostly theatre crowd (i.e. Rose Theatre subscriptions) with the crowd not really knowing when and how to sing along or stand. It was very strange. I suspect it will be much different this time.

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:49 pm
by Boomchild
blt man wrote:Anyone going to his Grand Illusion Show at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on October 20th? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not and went to the website today to check on availability. The remaining seat choices are very fair at best.

He played there about 11 years ago and I went. The crowd at the time was a mostly theatre crowd (i.e. Rose Theatre subscriptions) with the crowd not really knowing when and how to sing along or stand. It was very strange. I suspect it will be much different this time.


I would say it's worth going since it will be performing the whole album. Something DDY says he really doesn't like to do and you don't when or if he will do it again.

Re: StyxGuy,DDY Friday,CNE maybe a no go ??????

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:55 am
by StyxGuy
blt man wrote:Anyone going to his Grand Illusion Show at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on October 20th? I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not and went to the website today to check on availability. The remaining seat choices are very fair at best.

He played there about 11 years ago and I went. The crowd at the time was a mostly theatre crowd (i.e. Rose Theatre subscriptions) with the crowd not really knowing when and how to sing along or stand. It was very strange. I suspect it will be much different this time.



Do it. He was great at the CNE and I wish it lasted longer. I don't drive so to-from Brampton means taking a VIA train from Kitchener and staying the night... and I'm still considering it (though I'd like to have nice seats too so I'd better decide soon!)