Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

In The Studio W Redbeard - Grand Illusion

Postby FormerDJMike » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:46 am

FormerDJMike
8 Track

Re: In The Studio W Redbeard - Grand Illusion

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:34 am

Just listened to this (for like the 10th time) today :)

Redbeard rocks, he sent me a copy of the Styx A&M years box set just because he knew I was a big Styx fan!
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby FormerDJMike » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 am

Yeah I love his show. I tried to win that vinyl box set but since i won a few month earlier for something else I guess I might not have even had a shot at it.

I rememeber when this show originally aired. I think a week or two later they followed up with Pieces Of Eight. I recorded them both on cassette at the time (and used to record all their Rock Line appearances).
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby StyxGuy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 am

FormerDJMike wrote:Yeah I love his show. I tried to win that vinyl box set but since i won a few month earlier for something else I guess I might not have even had a shot at it.

I rememeber when this show originally aired. I think a week or two later they followed up with Pieces Of Eight. I recorded them both on cassette at the time (and used to record all their Rock Line appearances).

Yeah, I didn't win the contest either. One day someone from his show contacted me and was like "Hey Redbeard knows you're a big Styx fan so if you don't already own the box set, we've got a copy we would like to send to you". It made me feel quite special :)
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Return to Styx