Styx videos missing from CITA

Paradise Theater

Moderator: Andrew

Styx videos missing from CITA

Postby StyxGuy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:09 am

So, when Caught in the Act was released on DVD they finally included the bands music videos (or at least a dozen from '77-'84)

Does anyone know why they omitted the Edge of the Century videos or if anything else was skipped? Maybe a rights thing?

Love is the Ritual - Show Me the Way - Love at First Sight... not sure if I'm missing others.
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Re: Styx videos missing from CITA

Postby FormerDJMike » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:27 pm

I think they wanted to keep it the classic stuff. There was also footage of songs that are on the album but not the DVD. Fooling Yourself, Suite Madame Blue, Miss America, maybe one or two more. I asked JY about it a few years before it was released and asked if Caught In The Act would ever see the light of day on DVD. He said yes. Then I asked if it would include the whole show and he didn't know. He said it was a good idea but would probably be just the same as the VHS release. And that's what we got, the same show with the only bonus stuff a couple of classic videos.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Postby Kilroy1983 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:02 am

StyxGuy wrote:So, when Caught in the Act was released on DVD they finally included the bands music videos (or at least a dozen from '77-'84)

Does anyone know why they omitted the Edge of the Century videos or if anything else was skipped? Maybe a rights thing?

Love is the Ritual - Show Me the Way - Love at First Sight... not sure if I'm missing others.

also missing:
Fooling Yourself (original 1977)
Miss America (original 1977)
Blue Collar Man (original 1978)
I'm OK (original 1978)
Sing For The Day (original 1978)
Kilroy1983
Ol' 78

Postby StyxGuy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:09 am

So... What we really need is a Styx Video Hits DVD that covers everything ;)
StyxGuy
Ol' 78

Postby FormerDJMike » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm

And since people don't buy DVD's anymore I doubt it will happen but would be cool to get it as an all-in-one DVD or BR.
FormerDJMike
8 Track

Return to Styx