Looking for "I don't" (Dave Bickler version)

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Looking for "I don't" (Dave Bickler version)

Postby St.George » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi everyone!

I remember back in the mid 90's (probably on the first Survivor webpage on the internet) there was a sample of the song "I don't" sung by Dave Bickler. The song sounded absolutely amazing: much better than the "Reach" version. I recorded this sample on tape, but it was only a little more than a minute. And after almost 2 decades, the sound quality is horrible. So the question is: Does anyone have the full version of this song? I'd highly appreciate if anyone can share it with me.

Thanx very much in advance.
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby Eyeof » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:33 am

You know what I always found strange was why they changed the lyrics around in the 'Reach' version from 'I'm a" to 'Your'e a'...it almost sounds like JJ is breaking up with his boyfriend...never got that...

Someone asked Frankie about that once on the Survivor boad and he said something like "they are just different guys"...i have no idea what that meant...
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:06 am

Eyeof wrote:You know what I always found strange was why they changed the lyrics around in the 'Reach' version from 'I'm a" to 'Your'e a'...it almost sounds like JJ is breaking up with his boyfriend...never got that...

Someone asked Frankie about that once on the Survivor boad and he said something like "they are just different guys"...i have no idea what that meant...

Yeah, I asked about that, too. Frankie's response was something vague like, "It's all about capturing the moment."
Somebody else speculated that JJ was turning it from a song about a romance to a song about about a business relationship, possible directed at FS. Not sure how true that is, but it's an interesting way of looking at it.
DavidWT
LP

Re: Looking for "I don't" (Dave Bickler version)

Postby St.George » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:43 am

Wow, it's been a while since I first posted this...

Well, back then somebody sent me the song via PM, but recently my Hard Disk got screwed and I lost the song (among many others) without making any backup at all.

Can anyone send it to me again, please?

Thanks!
St.George
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:28 am

I need it as well!!!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:28 am

Would love to hear that too. I've always liked the song, but thought it was too polished. I would expect the demo to be just a bit more raw
Mikele
45 RPM

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)