Brand New Audio Interview with Frankie Sullivan

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Brand New Audio Interview with Frankie Sullivan

Postby Slander » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:44 am

I just had an incredible visit with Frankie Sullivan for my podcast Beats & Eats. Frankie was generous enough to spend an hour and a half with me. We talked Survivor, rock n' roll history, and more. Good stuff. Here's the link below. The conversation is an hour and a half.

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/2/1/7/2175bd8b23 ... id=7412811
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Re: Brand New Audio Interview with Frankie Sullivan

Postby Mikele » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:13 am

Thanks Slander, will find the time to listen to it.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Mikele » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:19 am

Hey, that was an amazing listen! Really exciting.
I bet you had many questions prepared, but not enough time to ask...

I wonder if 'Frontiers Records' is what Frankie had in mind the few times he explicitly expressed his opinion on certain labels...

On many topics, it is really though to argue against FS points. He's is definitely right
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Slander » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:22 am

Mikele wrote:Hey, that was an amazing listen! Really exciting.
I bet you had many questions prepared, but not enough time to ask...

I wonder if 'Frontiers Records' is what Frankie had in mind the few times he explicitly expressed his opinion on certain labels...

On many topics, it is really though to argue against FS points. He's is definitely right

Believe it or not, we just had a casual conversation and Frankie just ran with it! It was a lot of fun. I thought he was very candid especially when we spoke about co-writing with JP. Can't believe it's 32 years ago Tiger hit 1. We're getting old my friend. Thanks for listening to the show! Much appreciated.
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby def » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:58 am

To be honest, I enjoyed the idea of listening to 1.5 hours of news, retrospectives and maybe even some gossip. From the ear of the german beholder this interview - or let's say more or less monologue, that consequently drifted away and continued for some more minutes even though the interviewer had already tried to end it - was a more of a strain than a pleasure. I have seen them in Germany in 1993 when Sullivan did not do the long solos so many fans complain about. Yesterday I wondered if those solos sound like this interview...
def
Ol' 78

Postby BARON BLOOD » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:12 am

As soon as Peterik left I think Sullivan's ego couldn't be restrained anymore by any other member !......it was HIS band.....HIS thing......HIS EYE OF THE TIGER !!!........Look at old footage and FRANKIE is not the same at all.......the last 15 years has been a neverending BLA BLA BLA BLA of POP PHILOSOPHY mixed with NEVERENDING SOLOS and TRYING TO UPSTAGE THE SINGER (s) with more ROCKY-ESQUE NEVER SURRENDER BULLSHIT MONOLOGUES with NO SUBSTANCE AND MORE MEANINGLESS WORDS !!....I'm sure he's been told to stop this by members and management but he will never stop....too bad cause he's such a wonderful talent.....
BARON BLOOD
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 pm

I actually do like when he plays long solos.

BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF SONGS :!: :!: :!:

They need to play at least 3 more songs per show than they do now. Which shouldn't be a problem seeing as they have two singers in the band.

Come on, Frankie, just extend the shows by another 15 minutes. It will make fans happier, and it won't kill any of you in the band.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby BARON BLOOD » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:25 pm

yeah exactly not at the expenses of '' 3 '' more songs :-)

If he'd cut the talking we'd have at least another song :-)
BARON BLOOD
Ol' 78

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)