Ever Since The World Began

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Ever Since The World Began

Postby Lucky.Phil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the track Ever Since The World Began as sung by Jimi Jamison for the Lock Up movie? It doesn't appear to be on any Jimi Jamison albums or the Lock Up soundtrack. Occasionally the CD single crops up for sale but at ridiculous prices. Is there a compilation CD out there with the track on?
Cold Chisel | Survivor | Dire Straits | Journey | Bob Seger | Amy Macdonald | The Script | Asia | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Dream Disciples | Peter Green | Rose Tattoo | The Angels | Paul Rodgers | Dio | John Fogerty | Dion | Paradise Lost | Jimmy Barnes
Lucky.Phil
Radio Waves

Re: Ever Since The World Began

Postby Eyeof » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:00 am

I have only seen MP3"s floating around...most seem like they were ripped from the movie ending...

That might be a good way, the movie is usually available pretty cheap and its on the end credits...

What i didn't realize is that the song (instr) plays throughout the movie at different times, its kind of the theme of the movie....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:18 am

Eyeof wrote:What i didn't realize is that the song (instr) plays throughout the movie at different times, its kind of the theme of the movie....

When I first saw the movie, I kept thinking, "Whoever wrote the score for this movie MUST have been a fan of 'Ever Since The World Began' becuase this music is SUCH a rip-off of that!'" Then when the actual song kicked in at the end, it all made sense.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Lucky.Phil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:08 am

Thanks to a generous member on here I now have an mp3 of this track. I have since found a couple of versions available on a website called myfreemp3, including a duet version featuring both Dave and Jimi. I'm not sure whether this is a re-recorded version done since both singers were in the band, or a mix of the two original versions of the track?

I actually sent a question to Jimi on Reverbnation a while ago asking where I could get this track, and he answered that it was on the Lock Up movie soundtrack album, which it isn't, unless there are two versions of this album out there? If not, it seems even Jimi didn't know that the track was unavailable other than as an illegal download. In this world of chances missed...
Cold Chisel | Survivor | Dire Straits | Journey | Bob Seger | Amy Macdonald | The Script | Asia | Lynyrd Skynyrd | Dream Disciples | Peter Green | Rose Tattoo | The Angels | Paul Rodgers | Dio | John Fogerty | Dion | Paradise Lost | Jimmy Barnes
Lucky.Phil
Radio Waves

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:40 am

Eyeof wrote:I have only seen MP3"s floating around...most seem like they were ripped from the movie ending...

That might be a good way, the movie is usually available pretty cheap and its on the end credits...

What i didn't realize is that the song (instr) plays throughout the movie at different times, its kind of the theme of the movie....

I saw Lockup in the theater when it came out. I didn't know in advance that ESTWB was going to appear in the movie, or that Vehicle would either. I was like :shock: when I heard the first notes of it in the score. Then when it got to the end titles I was again like :shock: when I heard Jimi singing it and not Dave.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:43 am

I have the Jimi version of it, and of course the original. But the Jimi version that I have is in a zip-file, and I can't transfer it to disc. So the only way I can listen to it is through the speakers for my computer.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:44 am

By the way. Tommy Shaw also recorded ESTWB for one of his solo albums.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Yes...Shaw's version is quite different, but enjoyable all the same...
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Marzdog » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:04 pm

I have the MP3 and still have the cassette single that was released.
Marzdog
45 RPM

Postby Lucky.Phil » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 pm

I've finally found a compilation CD with this track on:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Hitakti ... se/5052420

There's a couple of these for sale on the above website, and one currently on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/291894088902

Certainly a cheaper way to get the track on CD than buying the CD single!
Lucky.Phil
Radio Waves

Postby Abitaman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:55 am

Eyeof wrote:Yes...Shaw's version is quite different, but enjoyable all the same...

I actually like Shaw's better, don't know why, but I do.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby jaxmanjoe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:32 am

I love the addition of the sax on Shaw's version of the song. This song started my wedding video but that ended in divorce...much like everything Frankie touches.
Jaxmanjoe
jaxmanjoe
45 RPM

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)