The Essential Survivor

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

The Essential Survivor

Postby bulldog » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:33 am

I just noticed on Itunes They just released The Essential Survivor collection as an mp3 download . 35 tunes . 18 Bickler and 17 Jamison tunes . No new songs ! You would think there almost had to be some Jamison song tunes that were recorded back in the early 90's when they were still together.

I found a new version of Eye of The Tiger that is actually quite good and different from the original song by Jimi and recorded in 2014 on Itunes as well.

Maybe some unreleased stuff will turn up in the near future .
bulldog
Ol' 78

Re: The Essential Survivor

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:22 pm

I hope that we will get to hear a lot of Jimi material that has never been released before!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:30 am

I know...It angers me...I just got the Bryan Adams Reckless 30th Anniversary and how hard is it to put out five or six unreleased songs that we all know exist and maybe a live concert and the videos on DVD?

Oh well...The definition of insanity if following Survivor and expecting a different result...
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby kgdjpubs » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:32 pm

bulldog wrote: No new songs ! You would think there almost had to be some Jamison song tunes that were recorded back in the early 90's when they were still together.

Maybe some unreleased stuff will turn up in the near future .

I doubt there are very many early 90s JJ demos at all--maybe a few leftover 80s ones. Now, there are enough Bickler demos for a couple of albums, but I wouldn't expect many Jamison songs.
Kevin
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:00 pm

As an example, 'Missing Persons' (discussed in other topics here) should've been an extra track on "Premonition" re-release..
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:34 am

Mikele wrote:As an example, 'Missing Persons' (discussed in other topics here) should've been an extra track on "Premonition" re-release..

Yes. It's a travesty that Premonition only has 8 songs on it. That's probably one of the biggest reasons why Premonition is probably my least favorite of the 80's Survivor albums. If the album had two more songs like TYOAS and LIOMS it would rank much better on my list.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby RPM » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:48 am

Curious as why Tidal is showing this as "HiFi" meaning full cd quality when its only available in mp3?
Or is there now a CD version? sorry if this was covered.
"Remember Suzanne, those summer nights, those summer nights with me"
RPM
8 Track

Postby MarcelJordan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:02 pm

If "ISYIE" live in Japan 1985 was in it, I do think it will be one of the best moves ever. That Live version 9 mins and then some, is probably the greatest live rock song Ive ever heard. Jimi is perfect, Frankie's solo, well that is exemplary. There's NO ONE who has that tone nor style. Just blows me away EVERYTIME.

MJ
2011 New Album by Survivor - RE-ENTRY!
MarcelJordan
Cassette Tape

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)