Frankie announced an announcement

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Frankie announced an announcement

Postby Mikele » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi all, you might have noticed (and perhaps wisely declined to comment on it) that FS has mentioned twice on his FB account that there will be an announcement soon, and that there's 'lots going on in the Survivor camp'.

If you don't have access to FB I can copy/paste those posts.
Mikele
45 RPM

Re: Frankie announced an announcement

Postby Kid Dynamite » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Happy Friday Everyone...!

Lots of hard work and am finally coming up for air... Lots happening in Camp Survivor. Announcement to be made soon...

Stay Tuned -

fs

7th November 2014

BS as usual, I guess.
Kid Dynamite
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:06 am

Kid Dynamite wrote:
Happy Friday Everyone...!

Lots of hard work and am finally coming up for air... Lots happening in Camp Survivor. Announcement to be made soon...

Stay Tuned -

fs

7th November 2014

BS as usual, I guess.

You might be right on spot here. Anyhow, his last 2 social 'promises' ended up with Jimi back in the fold, and then Dave back in. No one can deny that it really happened.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:41 am

Well. My first guess was that he was going to announce that Survivor is about to come to an end.
Since he's claiming lots of "hard work," it might be a claim that a new song or songs are going to be released? My guess is it will either be a release of songs from the past that did not make it onto albums in the past, or that it will be a digital release of one new song from the band?

And just because he promises those things does not mean that he will follow through on it.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Frankie writes "Big announcement coming soon" again on the 9th of January, on his alternate facebook page.

Recent history considered (first Jimi, then Dave back in the fold), I would want to think that what will happen next goes in the same direction: to re-spark some interest in the band and make them land some great gigs (Sweden Rock Fest comes to my mind)

What could it be?
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:25 am

Mikele wrote:Frankie writes "Big announcement coming soon" again on the 9th of January, on his alternate facebook page.

Recent history considered (first Jimi, then Dave back in the fold), I would want to think that what will happen next goes in the same direction: to re-spark some interest in the band and make them land some great gigs (Sweden Rock Fest comes to my mind)

What could it be?

After reading Peterik's book, I don't think that he's rejoining the band. If Sullivan convinced Droubay to come back, I doubt that he would make that some big announcement, although it would make me very happy!

Is McAuley rejoining the band? If so, Bickler had better still be in the band too! Is Joe Vana joining Survivor?

My guess is still that it's going to be a claim that they will be releasing a new song or songs?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:12 pm

IMO, Peterik would rejoin if the assumptions were attractive. For instance, would he be in if the common goal would be to honor the glory days and artistic life of JJ? With Pride of Lions he currently has a scheduled gig in Italy where whe will be doing that.
Or perhaps if FS had brought back in the Premonition lineup, I bet Jim would not waive it.

A 2 singer approach might be another element to consider, yes
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:41 am

I doubt that this is the case. But Stallone is about to start filming the movie "Creed" which is a spin-off film of the
"Rocky" franchise that is about Rocky Balboa training Apollo Creed's grandson. Again, I doubt that this is it, but could Survivor be hired to do a song for the film?

Right after he finishes filming "Creed," Stallone will start filming the fifth "Rambo" movie. But as we all know, Survivor have never had a song in a "Rambo" film.

Speaking of movies. If anyone finds out more details about the mafia movie that Jimi was scheduled to do the theme song for, please let us know any updates!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:01 pm

JP is NOT returning.

I always hear a lot of talk about it, only on here...but it is NEVER going to happen.

NOT a knock on either camp....no way....JP had a confident game plan back in 96'...and I was happy, honored and thrilled to be in World Stage back then and singing his demos....but he has moved on....And I know FS might have some deciding to do as far as future and what not, but he's a happy guy (with his life, NOT about JJ) and I think neither want to move backwards....just talked to FS yesterday...been in Nashville writing and working, he's keeping busy...he just keeps real quiet about that and I respect that!!!!

Have a great day gents!!!!

JV
The World was flat once....what happened??
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Joe Vana wrote:JP is NOT returning.

I always hear a lot of talk about it, only on here...but it is NEVER going to happen.

NOT a knock on either camp....no way....JP had a confident game plan back in 96'...and I was happy, honored and thrilled to be in World Stage back then and singing his demos....but he has moved on....And I know FS might have some deciding to do as far as future and what not, but he's a happy guy (with his life, NOT about JJ) and I think neither want to move backwards....just talked to FS yesterday...been in Nashville writing and working, he's keeping busy...he just keeps real quiet about that and I respect that!!!!

Have a great day gents!!!!

JV

Yeah. Before reading Jim's book I thought that there was at best a 5% chance that he would rejoin Survivor. After reading his book, I'd say there's less than a 1% chance that that would ever happen.

Although, it sure as hell would have been nice to see Jim and Frankie at least do one song together to honor Jimi!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:19 pm

FS DID honor Jimi....we all did....just not publically for an audience....

I hope that's ok....

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Joe. I sent you a PM. I have Jim's book in my hands right now. It may take a little while for me to find the parts where he mentions you.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Joe Vana » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:25 pm

I PM'd you back....

Themeccaofmusic@aol.com is best....

Goes right to me!!!!

Thank you very very much!!!!

JV
Joe Vana
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Joe.

I sent you an email at the meccaofmusic address.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Updates from Frankie:

- Currently doing some vocals

- Excerpt 1 from book titled "If the guitar could speak" by FS has been posted on his facebook account.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby def » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:17 am

Uuh, oh as far as writing style, text structure and vocabulary is concerned, this seems to become a tough read. Should get some editing by someone from outside, although the truth of his recollection might suffer ...:-)
def
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:24 am

Vocals for what??? A Survivor album? A survivor song? A solo song?

So, in his book, is he going to dispute what a giant asshole he was to Peterik?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:16 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:Vocals for what??? A Survivor album? A survivor song? A solo song?

So, in his book, is he going to dispute what a giant asshole he was to Peterik?

Looks like your guessing was correct, FS was hinting at some recording, apparently. So, nothing new on the horizon.

The book is something totally new. Although in the past (remember the old Survivor website?) Frankie has been posting cool stories of the band recording sessions with Ron. I guess this time around he is eager to fire back at Jim's version of the story. I can understand that
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 am

If Sullivan does dispute stuff that Peterik said in his book, who are most of us going to believe?

And who does Sullivan have to blame for that? Himself, for crying wolf ten million times over the years. All of the constant bullshit claims of new albums or new songs soon to be released. And the times where he could be overheard calling a fan an "asshole" because the fan dared to yell out a request between songs. Yes, I witnessed that myself. Or the people that some of us know that know both Peterik and Sullivan really well that like Peterik a lot and can't stand Sullivan because of his asshole personality.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:28 am

Damn! I hoped it was the home that was going to 'blow our minds' for Re-Entry!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby Mikele » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:47 pm

At least we know by now that Marc is still in the fold: FS posted that the 2 of them have been jamming new tunes the other day.

My opinion is that both Jim and Frankie have a personality, like all of us do, and in this case they also have a very strong ego too (Jimbo has a gigantic ego, I must say...having read his book I can now tell for sure. This guy had a hit single at 15 yo and since then has considered himself blessed by a gift from the above powers...). So it's no wonder they clashed and they will clash all the time. It's kind of normal. But this does not mean that the truth may come from one side only.
Mikele
45 RPM

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)