Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby bomes » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 am

Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Without Frankie on guitar in this concert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25yM6qb2Ixo

And here with Frankie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAEOTsA2Pq0
bomes
45 RPM
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:31 pm

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby Mikele » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:33 am

When was that (w/out FS)?

Dave kicks serious asses on this one, they should still play it.
User avatar
Mikele
45 RPM
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby Journey/Survivor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Mikele wrote:When was that (w/out FS)?


There was at least one show that Sullivan was not able to play ( I think it was drug related, I can't remember for sure?) and they had David Carl fill in for Sullivan.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby Mikele » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:22 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
Mikele wrote:When was that (w/out FS)?


There was at least one show that Sullivan was not able to play ( I think it was drug related, I can't remember for sure?) and they had David Carl fill in for Sullivan.


I had no idea FS had problems with drug...
maybe that is why Peterik is hinting at substance use within the band more than a few times in his biography? One is even led to thing that this might be the main reason why Survivor was so disfunctional
User avatar
Mikele
45 RPM
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby bomes » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:28 am

From wikipedia:

"On November 27, 1993 guitarist Dave Carl filled in for Sullivan at a gig at Club Dimensions in Highland, Indiana after the latter injured his ribs from falling through a garage roof."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_%28band%29
bomes
45 RPM
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:31 pm

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:55 am

bomes wrote:From wikipedia:

"On November 27, 1993 guitarist Dave Carl filled in for Sullivan at a gig at Club Dimensions in Highland, Indiana after the latter injured his ribs from falling through a garage roof."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_%28band%29



Yes. I should have remembered that. Peterik mentioned it in his book.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 am

Mikele wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:
Mikele wrote:When was that (w/out FS)?


There was at least one show that Sullivan was not able to play ( I think it was drug related, I can't remember for sure?) and they had David Carl fill in for Sullivan.


I had no idea FS had problems with drug...
maybe that is why Peterik is hinting at substance use within the band more than a few times in his biography? One is even led to thing that this might be the main reason why Survivor was so disfunctional


I was incorrectly thinking that his missing that one show was a drug issue.

I have heard many times though that he was, and possibly still is, on drugs.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Survivor - Dave Bickler 1993 Burning Bridges live

Postby Eyeof » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:00 am

I would hope someone with that bad of a thought process is!
User avatar
Eyeof
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 pm


Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests