First video of Cameron fronted Survivor!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

First video of Cameron fronted Survivor!

Postby Mikele » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:13 am

This is on DB facebook page, scroll down:
https://www.facebook.com/dave.bickler.9?fref=ts

Don't know when or where this was shot, but looks like it was last year.
Mikele
45 RPM

Re: First video of Cameron fronted Survivor!

Postby def » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:49 am

Cannot view it, because i do not facebook and never will. DB twitters that he is looking for the upcoming shows, although he does not know if he is invited. Weĺl, maybe he is just joking. He also enjoys that def leppard promote viv campbells side project last in line and remarks that it is nice that a band promotes a member's activity. Two thoughts on that:

1. If he would finally finish his solo record he could find out what support he could get by his "band".
2. My guess is: none
def
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 am

With Jimi no longer with us, at this point Dave Bickler has to be part of Survivor, or else I'd rather just see them call it quits.
The only way that I might get on board with a Survivor with no Bickler or Jamison is if Peterik, Droubay and Ellis all returned.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:25 pm

I read that twitt but decided not to take it seriously. Come on, without him and Marc it would just be a joke. Apparently his solo record should be out at the end of the spring.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Mikele » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:27 pm

BTW, that Barton can surely sing, as he perfectly belts out TSIO
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby def » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Oops. Not just a joke. DB hasen't received a cĺear answer about his membership in the "band" yet. I guess he is out anyway, because FS will find the tweets reason enough to sue him. Go on with the solo record, DB!
def
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:39 am

I know that many of us have said this before. But Peterik, Bickler, Droubay and Ellis need to record an album together. If for whatever reason Ellis isn't part of it, then at least Peterik, Bickler and Droubay need to record together.

Even if what they release is strictly a digital download.

Come on, Jim, do it!!!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Just 2 weeks into the first gig and the lineup is not yet set. Can't believe Dave may be left out. Is this really the end of Survivor?
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:22 am

At this point, the name Survivor should be put in quotes so that it reads "Survivor." Because at this point it is "Survivor" in name only.

If Peterik, Bickler, Droubay and Ellis were to record an album together, that would be the true Survivor at this point.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:13 pm

Mikele wrote:Just 2 weeks into the first gig and the lineup is not yet set. Can't believe Dave may be left out. Is this really the end of Survivor?

Dave confirmed he's out via his FB and Twitter pages tonight. Apparently, he learned the news when Survivor took his name off their Twitter/FB page. Classy as always, Frankie.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby TageRyche » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Will the insanity ever stop with Survivor.

Frankly, this band has done nothing to be worthy of continued support in about 2 decades.
TageRyche
LP

Postby def » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:27 pm

FS biggest talent is knowing exactly what the fans want and what would be appropriate to do and then doing just exactly the opposite. He never fails in this discipline and it seems to provide him lots of joy.

They shouldn't call them Survivor...they should name themselves FRANKIE'S HIRED GUNS
def
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:07 am

Ok, so Survivor, to me, does no longer exist. FS has officially destroyed what was left of the legacy. I feel sorry for Barton, as he's just a victim although he doesnt know yet, but I wish this band to just go off the rail in front of empty crowds from now on...
I won't be ever supporting again "this" Survivor
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby def » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:11 am

Keeping the latest band picture in mind with CB and DB FS reduced the "band" from 6 to 5. That probably makes FS gather more money for himself playing entrance free fairs. He also reduced travelling costs and i bet that the Barton kid isn't rewarded spectacularly to put himself in the center as the single front singer. FS probably tells him, that beeing on stage with a "rock legend" is reward enough...who knows.
On the other hand, who are fans like abitaman, ehwmatt, mikele, me and the four of five other regular posters. FS aims on entrance free fair goers who happily return home and believe they have seen SURVIVOR...
def
Ol' 78

Postby Abitaman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:44 am

I have seen Survivor many times over the years, either with Dave or Jimi on lead. Never got a chance to see them together on stage, shame I missed that. I seriously doubt I will ever see them again. The last time I can remember seeing them was 16 years ago, when they opened for Styx and REO Speedwagon. All three bands had the crowd on their feet, but Frankie's 15 minute solo killed any momentum they had, and no one got back on there feet until EOTT.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:20 am

Survivor are dead! :cry: :evil:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:22 am

def wrote:FS biggest talent is knowing exactly what the fans want and what would be appropriate to do and then doing just exactly the opposite. He never fails in this discipline and it seems to provide him lots of joy.

They shouldn't call them Survivor...they should name themselves FRANKIE'S HIRED GUNS

Sadly, that's very true. I think Frankie gets off on pissing off Survivor fans.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:31 am

def wrote:Keeping the latest band picture in mind with CB and DB FS reduced the "band" from 6 to 5. That probably makes FS gather more money for himself playing entrance free fairs. He also reduced travelling costs and i bet that the Barton kid isn't rewarded spectacularly to put himself in the center as the single front singer. FS probably tells him, that beeing on stage with a "rock legend" is reward enough.

I thought the same thing. Barton is young enough to handle all of the singing duties himself. And therefore Sullivan got rid of Bickler so that he (Sullivan) can make a few dollars more each show. Sullivan's greed knows no bounds.

It's a shame that casual fans go to the "Survivor" shows thinking that they've just seen the real Survivor play.

No offense to Cameron Barton. I've still yet to hear him sing. I really know next to nothing about him. He may be a great singer and a good guy as far as I know. But once again Sullivan proves that the only thing that matters to him in life is money.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:36 am

Again, Peterik, I beg of you. Get together with Bickler, Droubay and Ellis and give us one last true Survivor album! Even though I know that you can't use the name.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby def » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:29 am

It seems a little inappropriate of that Cameron kid to set up a picture on hus website at this point of time, where he is standing upfront doing lead vocals an DB in the background just adding some percussion.
They have no history together...
def
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Everi negative comment in Survivor FB page is being deleted...let's keep it coming then! No offense just the truth
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Eyeof » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:43 am

It won't allow me to post there anymore...all i did was one post that said "Frankie Sullivan should - once again - be ashamed of himself.

That's awesome...I was banned from the Survivor.communist board in '99 and again in '16!

Makes me feel young again!

#FrankieSullivanSux
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby def » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:58 am

Eyeof, didn't you know that Frankie 'Kim Jong-un' Sullivan can do whatever he wants...just because he can and he is always right. He can even make you younger. I strongly believe he climbed Everest first...without sherpas...oxygen...gloves. Just because the vibe was there!

On the summit he performed a three and a half hour blues solo jam...and got inspired to write "high on you". While descenting his full bladder annoyed him and he wrote "i can't hold back"
def
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:59 am

I'm not even on Facebook. So I'm not even one of the people saying negative things on there about Frankie.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Eyeof » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:27 pm

Perhaps he could sue himself?
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:47 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:Again, Peterik, I beg of you. Get together with Bickler, Droubay and Ellis and give us one last true Survivor album! Even though I know that you can't use the name.

I'd love for them to do this. They could find a guitarist to replace Frankie. I nominate Al Pitrelli-- he definitely has the chops and can churn out some great 80s style guitar solos.
As long as JP can tone down the cheese factor a bit, it could end up being a great album. They could call it "Life After Death", in reference to Survivor's death.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:40 am

DavidWT wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:Again, Peterik, I beg of you. Get together with Bickler, Droubay and Ellis and give us one last true Survivor album! Even though I know that you can't use the name.

I'd love for them to do this. They could find a guitarist to replace Frankie. I nominate Al Pitrelli-- he definitely has the chops and can churn out some great 80s style guitar solos.
As long as JP can tone down the cheese factor a bit, it could end up being a great album. They could call it "Life After Death", in reference to Survivor's death.

Yeah, one of the best things about Sullivan in Survivor was that he helped keep Peterik's lyrics a little less cheesey.

Ironically, as I was first reading your post, I was listening to Joe Lynn Turner's "Nothing's changed" CD, and Al Pitrelli is the guitarist on the album.

Peterik is himself a good guitarist. He could share some guitar duties with someone else like Pitrelli, as well as play keyboards and maybe even do a duet or two with Bickler. They could still have the sound of early Survivor with Bickler, Droubay and Ellis teaming up with Peterik.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Kid Dynamite » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:08 pm

DavidWT wrote:

I don't think DB, JP and MD will get to work together on their own, need someone to make them join.
Kid Dynamite
Ol' 78

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)