Check out Toby Hitchcock!!! awesome

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Check out Toby Hitchcock!!! awesome

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 pm

This weekend Toby Hitchcock will be performing on the Frontiers Rock Festival, they will release a limited CD with all classic rock tunes.
Check out these two songs, awesome!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK_oFXvHEbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAUHDJbDa9Y
Flip
Radio Waves

Re: Check out Toby Hitchcock!!! awesome

Postby scarab » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:44 am

two of my favorite songs of all time.
and Toby is okay at best.
He is just wrong for Survivor.

he's got a good voice, but no where in the class of Perry or Gramm.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby def » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:13 am

I really love the POL debut and what TH did to the songs on that record. To me he sometimes - beside his remarkable vocal abilities - tends a little bit too much in a musical vein, but maybe I am wrong.
def
Ol' 78

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:10 am

Toby Hitchcock is a very talented singer. But he does get a little too theatrical at times. I don't know if that's his choice, or if Peterik is telling him to sing that way at times? But I wish that POL would tone down the theatrics.
I like POL, but they have never come close to being as good as Survivor was during the Peterik years, IMO.
I would be way more excited if Peterik were to team up with Bickler and Droubay on a new album, than I would be for a new POL album.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Toby is a quite different beast than Jamison. Is more of an opera singer in fact. It does not help that the lyrical content in POL or in other stuff rates high on the cheese aspect most often. JP is a great songwriter but he produces his best when someone can help "contain" this factor and the prolixity...

JP doesnt have any interest in working with Marc I guess, but with Dave it might happen
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Kid Dynamite » Wed May 04, 2016 10:22 am

Survivor and Pride of Lions are my favorite bands, and Toby is one of my favorite singers, I believe 2002-2008 was the peak era for Jim. I expected POL to go full symphonic/heavy prog after "The Roaring of Dreams" but instead we got one or two pretty outdated(tired?, but not bad) albums, trying to sound like mid 80's.

I don't bother not getting stuff like classic Survivor, but I like to hear things good and fresh, like the great Mecca's "Undeniable", and they doing what they are better at.
Kid Dynamite
Ol' 78

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)