Jimi Jamison unreleased songs

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Jimi Jamison unreleased songs

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:05 am

As TageRyche mentioned in his post, the third Target album will finally be released for the first time ever. viewtopic.php?f=67&t=61488

It's about to be 3 years since Jimi Jamison died. Why haven't there been more of Jimi's previously unreleased songs to have been released since his death?

What is anyone waiting for?

They might as well release those past recordings now. It would honor Jimi's memory, and also give his family a chance to make a little bit of money as well.

There are many, many recordings of Jimi's that are still unreleased.

Eventually there won't be any market at all out there for the material, as his fan base is getting older and older.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Re: Jimi Jamison unreleased songs

Postby scarab » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:06 am

hard to believe its been 3 years. I was in utter shock, even more so withe the suicide of Brad Delp.
Still kick myself as he was playing a small room benefit in MPLS a year or two before, but my girlfriend at the time didnt wanna go, as like her to the masses Survivor was a one hit wonder.

Not the biggest fan of Target music, except for Jimis voice, same goes with most of Cobra (love ive been a fool), but hopefully some of his solo stuff never released see days of light. Love most of all his stuff with Survivor/Solo. (and unreleased stuff).

specially this demo, way better than the Atlantic Version WAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ur2XrwbaY
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:55 am

scarab wrote:hard to believe its been 3 years. I was in utter shock, even more so withe the suicide of Brad Delp.
Still kick myself as he was playing a small room benefit in MPLS a year or two before, but my girlfriend at the time didnt wanna go, as like her to the masses Survivor was a one hit wonder.

Not the biggest fan of Target music, except for Jimis voice, same goes with most of Cobra (love ive been a fool), but hopefully some of his solo stuff never released see days of light. Love most of all his stuff with Survivor/Solo. (and unreleased stuff).

specially this demo, way better than the Atlantic Version WAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ur2XrwbaY

I love the Cobra album in just about every way. I like Jimi's singing on the Target albums, but it's not as good as it was on the Cobra and Survivor albums. I like Target's music pretty well, although, again, not as much as I do Cobra and Survivor's music.

Still, I'm psyched up to hear the new Target release. Target's members feel that the third album (In Range) was their best. I'm hoping that it was a little less southern sounding than the first two were.

Jimi recorded some great solo songs that have never been officially released. That stuff definitely needs to come out.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:38 pm

I picked up some One Man's Trash with Jimi on lead vocals. Never heard of it before. Got off Itunes.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)