Anyone still excited about Re-Entry? I am!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Anyone still excited about Re-Entry? I am!

Postby Eyeof » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 pm

I know Frankie promised a while back (by a while maybe five or six years) that he had found a place for the new album 'ReEntry' that would and I quote hard "Blow your mind."

The lead up has been killing me! I know it's been a while, but I'm confident that once Frankie recovers from the endless grind and obvious drain of playing four shows a year at huge venues (county fairs, Mayberry RFD Street Festivals etc) and the pure exhaustion of constantly suing every person you ever came in contact with, we will then see the place and guys, trust me....Re-Entry will BLOW our damn minds!

I remain completely impressed with the way Frankie continues to navigate the tenuous waters of the music business, while taking the band the greater and greater heights!

Like him or not, you have to give credit where it's due. Great moves like firing long-time drummer Marc Droubay in favor of bringing on his no (ah, i mean immensely) talented and look alike son is genius. I think his son's record speaks for itself and needs no intro! (most likely why you can find nothing on him).

Also, getting rid of Dave Bickler again in favor of some 19 year old kid; that's the kind of hard decisions you have to make. Hey, you can't play forever Dave! And if you do, please don't use the word Survivor or Tiger or wear a beret or make a video with fanning garbage bags in the background or you are going to end up in front of Judge Judy....again! Buddy!

Also, remember when JP said maybe he would consider the band plaything together again for maybe the Rock and Roll HOF induction?

I'm thinking this could be the year! I hear Steve Perry will stand in for JJ! I'm also confident that Gary Smith and Dennis Johnson, will play on stage with Droubay and Stephen Ellis and they will even let Frankie's little boy pretend to be in the band!

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for a four verse Eye of the Tiger, where Perry, Bickler, Barton and the legendary Robin McAuley fire away at the rock anthem, while Ellis, Billy O, Walter Tolentino and Randy Riley jam away to Frankie's 74-minute guitar solo!

Mind Blowing Indeed! Rock on Survivor or the band formally known as.....
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Re: Anyone still excited about Re-Entry? I am!

Postby DavidWT » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 am

I think Frankie is being very smart about delaying the release of ReEntry. If a band releases albums too frequently, it cuts into potential sales of their previous albums. So Frankie just wants to make sure he doesn't cut into potential sales of "Reach," and even "Too Hot To Sleep," before releasing "ReEntry." He's just being careful not to flood the market with Survivor albums, which is very shrewd of him.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Eyeof » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Very good point. Much like EJG, Frankie serves no wine until its time!

I think it's a great call waiting for Reach to hit its stride, before introducing new material. Plus, it's given the band some time to fine tune it's on-stage performance by playing a half a dozen shows over the past 10 years, so they will be good and ready once its time to hit the road for a MAJOR tour to promote ReEntry. (I hear this tour will include major venues at the Spring City Street Festival and the Anniston, Alabama National Guard Armory!

Speaking of Reach, I will never forget the interview that Andrew did with JJ right after the release. It was the weirdest interview I ever read and JJ basically washed his hands of the album. I can remember Andrew saying he was done with Survivor interviews. Good times!

Besides, the only good tracks on the album are the ones that Frankie had to step in and sing himself. A Guitar God and true Golden Throat!

Rock the hell on Survivor!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 am

Eyeof wrote:Speaking of Reach, I will never forget the interview that Andrew did with JJ right after the release. It was the weirdest interview I ever read and JJ basically washed his hands of the album. I can remember Andrew saying he was done with Survivor interviews. Good times!

That was classic. JJ's attitude throughout the whole thing was, "I dunno... album sucks... whatever, I don't care."
I'm looking forward to a similarly enthusiastic interview with Cameron Barton when ReEntry comes out!

And I miss the old Survivor website message board. That was another bizarrely entertaining place, especially when Frankie stopped by to either argue with his fans or talk vaguely about "negative energy" and how "the truth will come out in time," etc.
DavidWT
LP

Postby Mikele » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:08 am

It's not a Re-Entry....they never went away!
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Eyeof » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:53 am

Don’t call it a comeback baby!
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:20 am

Crazy thing about Reach is they had Jimi Jamison at their disposal and Frankie decides to sing one of the better melodic vibe songs. (and badly).
And yeah, hire a kid who sang country and have a dozen or so gigs a year (or less).

If Re-entry ever did get released it would probably sell less than 100 copies.

Unless you get the rhythm section from the 80's get Bickler to sing and get Peterick to write.

But the latter would take away from Sullivan's not warranted ego so that aint happening.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 am

scarab wrote:Crazy thing about Reach is they had Jimi Jamison at their disposal and Frankie decides to sing one of the better melodic vibe songs. (and badly).

If I recall correctly, that was Jimi's choice. He didn't like the song and he told Frankie he didn't want to sing it.
DavidWT
LP

Postby BARON BLOOD » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 pm

I miss Frankie's wisdom '' articles '' on their website......when I had problems in my life I could always
inspire myself with his words and kick everyone around me out the door and instead hire people that are too young
to argue.

I also miss the old days of JIMI JAMISON's SURVIVOR (Jamo,Mendillo,Adams,etc....) vs SURVIVOR (Sullivan,Bickler,Droubay)..... Some fans were so angry and fighting all the time (mostly with me.....lol ) and you had to chose one side or the retards couldn't stand the fact you liked both versions.

As for Re-entry I'm confident my 2008 pre-order will come at my door anytime soon !.....

Re-Entry track listing :
-------------------------

1- Kicked out and back for more
2- Eye of the Leopard
3- Eternal solo of death
4- Drunken words of wisdom
5- Velocitized
6- 12 times a year
7- Broken promises pt.2
8- Upcoming update soon
9- It's the song not the singer
10- Don't take the law on your own hands,bring 'em to court

+ Japanese bonus track: 11- County Fair Heroes (ft.Billy Ozello on vocals and clarinet)
BARON BLOOD
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:50 pm

No one cares.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby BARON BLOOD » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:03 am

We used to...........but who wants a tribute band ''new album''..........nothing to do with SURVIVOR the great band from the 80's.
BARON BLOOD
Ol' 78

Postby Mikele » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm confident we are about to hear the long-lost Mc-Aucley & Joey Vera demos. It will be a double cd digipak package, complete with all new inner notes from the man himself.It will knock our socks off. I'm totally ready for it
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Eyeof » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 am

That was a solid track list! Bravo!

BARON BLOOD wrote:I miss Frankie's wisdom '' articles '' on their website......when I had problems in my life I could always
inspire myself with his words and kick everyone around me out the door and instead hire people that are too young
to argue.

I also miss the old days of JIMI JAMISON's SURVIVOR (Jamo,Mendillo,Adams,etc....) vs SURVIVOR (Sullivan,Bickler,Droubay)..... Some fans were so angry and fighting all the time (mostly with me.....lol ) and you had to chose one side or the retards couldn't stand the fact you liked both versions.

As for Re-entry I'm confident my 2008 pre-order will come at my door anytime soon !.....

Re-Entry track listing :
-------------------------

1- Kicked out and back for more
2- Eye of the Leopard
3- Eternal solo of death
4- Drunken words of wisdom
5- Velocitized
6- 12 times a year
7- Broken promises pt.2
8- Upcoming update soon
9- It's the song not the singer
10- Don't take the law on your own hands,bring 'em to court

+ Japanese bonus track: 11- County Fair Heroes (ft.Billy Ozello on vocals and clarinet)
Eyeof
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:14 am

So I'm guessing maybe Re-Entry got delayed a bit because of the pandemic :(
DavidWT
LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:53 am

DavidWT wrote:So I'm guessing maybe Re-Entry got delayed a bit because of the pandemic :(

Maybe it's for the best?

I mean after all, Frankie really needed to slow down and take a break. He's been so productive with all of the new albums that he's been cranking out and almost non-stop touring. I don't know how any one man can be as productive as Frankie's been over the last 20 years :!: :shock:

Oh, wait a minute. I forgot, it's been almost non-stop lawsuits that Frankie has been busy with, not new albums or touring. My bad. :oops:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:56 pm

So, now that Re-entry is finally here among us, what's everybody opinion?

As of me, i am totally blown away. Well worth the wait, best thing to come out since covid
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:45 am

Mikele wrote:So, now that Re-entry is finally here among us, what's everybody opinion?

As of me, i am totally blown away. Well worth the wait, best thing to come out since covid

I heard that Frankie plans on releasing Re-Entry in 2082 to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of Eye Of The Tiger hitting #1 on the charts.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)