NEW JIMI JAMISON RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!!!

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Re: NEW JIMI JAMISON RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!!!

Postby kgdjpubs » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:53 am

Just got my copy today from the pre-order link above. Ordered it about the first week of September. Was about a 2-3 week backorder, but it finally showed up!
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby kgdjpubs » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:24 am

couple of comments now that I've had time to digest this cd... It's a lot better than When Love Comes Down. I don't know if anyone really loves that cd--I found it very mediocre, myself. This one rocks quite a bit more, and the vocals are much better. It certainly shows a heavier side of JJ that he didn't get to feature that much in Survivor.

That said, the one thing I see on this cd is the lack of a "radio single". I don't think WLCD had one either, for that matter. Either way, it's a worthy addition to the legacy. It probably would have been received better than the eventual WLCD cd that came out. It's definitely the better cd of the two--and they really are quite different. Definitely worth the purchase.
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:54 pm

kgdjpubs wrote:couple of comments now that I've had time to digest this cd... It's a lot better than When Love Comes Down. I don't know if anyone really loves that cd--I found it very mediocre, myself. This one rocks quite a bit more, and the vocals are much better. It certainly shows a heavier side of JJ that he didn't get to feature that much in Survivor.

That said, the one thing I see on this cd is the lack of a "radio single". I don't think WLCD had one either, for that matter. Either way, it's a worthy addition to the legacy. It probably would have been received better than the eventual WLCD cd that came out. It's definitely the better cd of the two--and they really are quite different. Definitely worth the purchase.

If the 1989 Rock Hard CD had been released at that time, my opinion is that I "Believe In Love" would have been the most likely song to be a hit on the radio. But it still wasn't up there with a lot of the Survivor songs that Jimi sang in terms of hit potential.

Off of the WLCD album I would think that had it been released in the mid to late 80s and if it had been given proper promotion that the songs "When Love Comes Down" "If You Walk Away" and "I Believe In Love" might have been potential hits?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:53 am

I love Jimi voice, but can not spend the money on it, when people are having issues finding and getting :( . I can not even find on any of the music services or You Tube. Makes wonder if this is really a legal issue.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:10 pm

Abitaman wrote:I love Jimi voice, but can not spend the money on it, when people are having issues finding and getting :( . I can not even find on any of the music services or You Tube. Makes wonder if this is really a legal issue.

I sympathise with your not being able to find the CD or be able to pay for it! I've been there many, many, many times over when it comes to the money part.

But it definitely is a legitimate and fully legal CD release.

I assume that it sold way more copies than it had been expected to and they've run out of stock? I also assume that they will get more in eventually.

Good Luck!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Abitaman » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:53 am

Still have not found... :(
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby TageRyche » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 am

My review of the Rock Hard album can now be seen via this Classic Rock Bottom link.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Postby DavidWT » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:41 am

TageRyche wrote:My review of the Rock Hard album can now be seen via this Classic Rock Bottom link.

Just a heads-up: You mentioned that the Jamison version of "Ever Since The World Began" is from the "Over The Top" soundtrack, but it's actually from the "Lock Up" soundtrack. "Over The Top" was the arm wresting movie, "Lock Up" was the prison break movie, and it used the piano riff from "ESTWB" multiple times throughout the soundtrack, and then the full song (with Jimi on vocals) was used during the closing credits.
DavidWT
LP

Postby TageRyche » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:25 am

DavidWT wrote:Just a heads-up: You mentioned that the Jamison version of "Ever Since The World Began" is from the "Over The Top" soundtrack, but it's actually from the "Lock Up" soundtrack. "Over The Top" was the arm wresting movie, "Lock Up" was the prison break movie, and it used the piano riff from "ESTWB" multiple times throughout the soundtrack, and then the full song (with Jimi on vocals) was used during the closing credits.

Good gawd! I can't believe I messed that up. Thanks for letting me know. I've edited the review to fix that clearly idiotic mistake.
TageRyche
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)