Frankie says on Facebook

RIP Frankie's Playtoy

Moderator: Andrew

Frankie says on Facebook

Postby def » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:34 am

"You gotta know when you’ve finally uncovered the box of all you’ve been looking for. These are just a few of a full box of demos, rough mixes, writing sessions and some comedy thrown in all for fun. I’m going to focus on the tapes, yes, there are several 24 Track Tapes included, and begin the slow pace of listening to anything I feel you all may want to hear. On some of the rough mixes I’ll want to run it by My Favorite Producer first but there’s some great and classic material in all forms that shows our process on how we worked. Or, I can just let it all be…. "
def
Ol' 78

Re: Frankie says on Facebook

Postby def » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:43 am

I say: Let it be, because it does not come from the heart. Keep on fishing, do long walks with the dogs and foremost, wipe the dust off all your guitars and amps and whatsoever. It is way better than making absurd promises to the few fans that are left. On the other hand releasing that stuff may honour very important musician, he used to sue and embarass for so long.
He should keep it to himself and take it to whereever he goes, instead of playing around with the idea of making something with it or "letting it be". Who cares?
def
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:13 pm

Mark this post for 2025 when Frankie says he's still going thru them.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby kgdjpubs » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:02 am

what I wouldn't give to get a studio demo of Nothing at All or Maybe...
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:51 am

kgdjpubs wrote:what I wouldn't give to get a studio demo of Nothing at All or Maybe...

I've never gotten to hear either of those is any form whatsoever.

I really loved the 2 and a half songs that were posted recently on YouTube of the Too Hot To Sleep outtakes!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:05 pm

For any of you who have not seen it yourself, there is a discussion going on right now in the Journey forum here on MR about how Journey need to release another box set with unreleased songs.

Survivor should do that. A box set full of previously unreleased Survivor songs, demos, outtakes, band rehearsal jams, live versions etc, etc.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby kgdjpubs » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:51 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
kgdjpubs wrote:what I wouldn't give to get a studio demo of Nothing at All or Maybe...

I really loved the 2 and a half songs that were posted recently on YouTube of the Too Hot To Sleep outtakes!

Youtube is your friend. I'll warn you that sound quality is not the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcXf9IAaodw
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby Journey/Survivor » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:58 am

kgdjpubs wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

Youtube is your friend. I'll warn you that sound quality is not the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcXf9IAaodw

Thanks!
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Mikele » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:39 am

A recent interesting post on our own Frankie's fb page, with picture included, strongly suggests that upon release of THTS at least one concert did happen. Under a band picture thaken on a highway (that includes Kyle, Bill Syniar and Peterik among others) FS writes:
"The Show Day in California where we shot the video for “Didn’t Know It Was Love”. Kyle Woods, second from the far right, was a badass drummer."

This would confirm my idea expressed on this board in the past.
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 am

Mikele wrote:A recent interesting post on our own Frankie's fb page, with picture included, strongly suggests that upon release of THTS at least one concert did happen. Under a band picture thaken on a highway (that includes Kyle, Bill Syniar and Peterik among others) FS writes:
"The Show Day in California where we shot the video for “Didn’t Know It Was Love”. Kyle Woods, second from the far right, was a badass drummer."

This would confirm my idea expressed on this board in the past.

I just reread some chapters of Peterik's book and also the liner notes inside the Rock Candy releases of the Survivor CDs.

I just read something either in the book or the liner notes that lead to me to believe that they had done at least a few shows for a CITG tour, or a THTS tour. I can't remember which one it was now?

It was on this date 10/3/1988 that the THTS album was released in the USA.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:21 pm

I listened like crazy for a few months to the Lost Tapes recordings that were released a year or so back on YouTube. But I hadn't listened to them again until a few days ago.

Upon listening to them again I am again really craving hearing more music from Survivor!

Those tapes were the greatest thing from Survivor in countless years!

If Frankie wants to have the fans feeling any good will at all toward him, he will release those tapes.

On a side note I'm going to mention a dream that I had last night....

In the dream I was on a cruise ship. There was going to be some big dance or something like that going on on the cruise and they couldn't find a DJ to play the music. They wound up hiring me to be the DJ.
I started by playing the Caught In The Game album in order from track 1 on through track 4.

At that point I discovered a record that had a few unreleased songs from the Caught In The Game album that have never been heard before. One of the songs was sung by Frankie and it was an awesome song. I was trilled to have found the record with those unreleased songs on it.

Then the guy who hired me to be the DJ came over to me and wanted me to start playing music that people would recognize, so I started playing the Vital Signs album. I then woke up and the dream was obviously over.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:02 pm

Journey/Survivor wrote:If Frankie wants to have the fans feeling any good will at all toward him, he will release those tapes.

Yeah, nah. That ain't going to happen.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:44 pm

Andrew wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:If Frankie wants to have the fans feeling any good will at all toward him, he will release those tapes.

Yeah, nah. That ain't going to happen.

Sadly, I assumed that myself.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:30 pm

Andrew wrote:Mark this post for 2025 when Frankie says he's still going thru them.

Surprise, surprise. Frankie still hasn't released anything or given any updates. :shock:
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Andrew » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:03 pm

I've heard news...

He's booking live dates again. Who is in the lineup, god only knows. Probably 4 guys that have never worked with Frankie before.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Mikele » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 pm

Thanks for the update.
I was sure he would be too lazy to jump back on a stage after 4 years hiatus.
I am an incurable optimist, I still hope DB would be on board...even considering Frankie always remembers Jimi in his posts, but never ever gives any credit to the guy who sang on his biggest hit
Mikele
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:40 am

Frankie did say not to long ago that he was going to bring in some guys who know how to make the hits sound like they should.

It would make the most sense if he were to bring back Bickler and Droubay. But I'm sure that it won't be them. Obviously we know that Peterik should be part of that too. But there's no way in hell that that's happening.

By the way, I've been hearing TV commercials for Sling over the past couple of weeks that I'm pretty sure it's Bickler singing at the end of the commercials? The lines that are sung are "Sling the live TV you love."
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Return to Survivor / Jim Peterik / Toby Hitchcock / Pride Of Lions / Marc Scherer / Sir Jimi (RIP)