Rolling Stone - SP interview WOW!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Rolling Stone - SP interview WOW!

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 am

I wonder if the assumed ill will at Jonathan has anything to do with the book title? Maybe part of their agreement was that they couldn’t capitalize individually on the group name or songs? Naming the book DSB may have rubbed him the wrong way. Just a silly guess though.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby MotherCitay » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I wonder if the assumed ill will at Jonathan has anything to do with the book title? Maybe part of their agreement was that they couldn’t capitalize individually on the group name or songs? Naming the book DSB may have rubbed him the wrong way. Just a silly guess though.

Perry seems to have very tight legal control over things like that. If it needed his permission, it would have gone that route first.

My guess is that he is disgusted by Pastor Paula and how Jon has been brainwashed.
MotherCitay
45 RPM

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Neal is immature and stunted in his own right -- and perhaps understandably so given the trajectory of his life and getting into rock music/celebrity in his early teens. But Perry is just a deeply troubled and bizarre man. That's my takeaway from all of this.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:Neal is immature and stunted in his own right -- and perhaps understandably so given the trajectory of his life and getting into rock music/celebrity in his early teens. But Perry is just a deeply troubled and bizarre man. That's my takeaway from all of this.

Perry seems to feel things really deeply... moreso than a human brain can handle. It has to be hard to live like that and it also has to be hard to work with someone like that.

Just my take.

We all (or most) eventually go through parents and grandparents dying. Many of us go through parents divorcing or divorces ourselves (The CBS Morning show showed him being very affected by this). Most of us also have to go to work the day after these events occur. And despite this... a man who deals with these things more internally... has the strength to fall in love with a woman who is a terminal.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby PianoMan1986 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:03 pm

PianoMan1986
LP

Postby EightyRock » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am

His older interviews used to be so cryptic. Whatever happened in his life really pushed him to open up and just tell it like is. Im glad the interviews dont seem so canned and his comments are much less guarded. I like the new Perry!
EightyRock
8 Track

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:21 pm

13. When pushed, he refuses to make a Shermanesque statement that he’ll never, under any circumstances, return to Journey, even though it’s highly unlikely.
“The only thing I’m willing to be definitive about is that at this age I am right now, I have to do things that I feel really great about, that feel life-sustaining and give me passion,” he says. “I really want to continue to move forward. I’m not too excited about going backwards. I’m more excited about moving forward to what is next. I’ve already written a lot more new material, in fact.”

This sounds like Perry is going to be making more solo albums in the future.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Previous

Return to Journey