Augeri Interview 07/12

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Augeri Interview 07/12

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:01 am

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/bdn0 ... i-20190712

Sounds like he is really content right now. Good for him. I only wish him and the band did a proper follow-up to Arrival. Generations was a mostly disjointed unfocused effort.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Augeri Interview 07/12

Postby scarab » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:55 am

Thanks for this.

I was very lucky to hear,( in the front row) Good Time Tonight, World Gone Wild and With your love live (before Arrival was released) which Augeri owned.

And on another note, Foreigner opened for them, with Lou Gramm, He struggled, but when their encore "Hot Blooded" came on they had the whole crowed on their feet and he owned that song.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:13 pm

thanks TNC
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby yulog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Steve and Deen should do a cd together. I'm surprised Frontiers hasn't already pushed for this they could bring in Jack Blades to help with the writing.
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby WalrusOct9 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 pm

yulog wrote:Steve and Deen should do a cd together. I'm surprised Frontiers hasn't already pushed for this they could bring in Jack Blades to help with the writing.

I'm genuinely surprised Frontiers hasn't drafted him for one of their random "anonymous Frontiers AOR songs with semi-famous vocalist"-type projects. (That's not necessarily a dig, but they do have a pattern there) I wonder if he's not interested or if his voice just isn't in good enough shape or what.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:44 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:I'm genuinely surprised Frontiers hasn't drafted him for one of their random "anonymous Frontiers AOR songs with semi-famous vocalist"-type projects. (That's not necessarily a dig, but they do have a pattern there) I wonder if he's not interested or if his voice just isn't in good enough shape or what.

Yeah good question. It seems like a no-brainer.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby marco17 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:04 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
WalrusOct9 wrote:I'm genuinely surprised Frontiers hasn't drafted him for one of their random "anonymous Frontiers AOR songs with semi-famous vocalist"-type projects. (That's not necessarily a dig, but they do have a pattern there) I wonder if he's not interested or if his voice just isn't in good enough shape or what.

I think studio wise SA would be fine. Maybe not live depending on the vocal demands, but 99% of the Frontiers projects don't tour anyway. Maybe it's not something SA's interested in... who knows.
marco17
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:11 pm

marco17 wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I think studio wise SA would be fine. Maybe not live depending on the vocal demands, but 99% of the Frontiers projects don't tour anyway. Maybe it's not something SA's interested in... who knows.

I'm surprised Frontiers never tried to do a project with all the voices of Journey - Fleischman, Chalfant, Augeri, Deen, etc.
As for SA's pipes live....it's hit or miss, but some clips on You Tube sound fantastic.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:51 am

Studio I'm sure he would still sound great. Let's get DC involved. Always loved their harmonies.
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:26 pm

ya, I love SA... and didn't mean to imply that he couldn't pull it off live. What I meant to articulate was that you can do a lot of yelling, screaming, singing higher... and pull it off in the studio, but puts a strain on you live.

Deen is involved in so many things with Rev. Saints, Dead Daisies, JTT, it may be a time thing with him, but I'd love to see something with the two of them.
marco17
8 Track

Return to Journey