Journey Greatest Hits 2024 Remastered

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey Greatest Hits 2024 Remastered

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 am

I didn't know Steve Perry released Journey Greatest Hits 2024 Remastered apparently in January. The technology is always improving; so, will Perry release another Greatest Hits 2030 Remastered? This could have been a chance to change up what songs were included, but the same rehash.

I am begging Neal Schon to eat healthy and exercise because if Neal dies before Steve Perry, you know Perry will take over Journey and have them tour doing only ballads. He will tell Jon to do Neal's guitar parts on his keyboard. It will be a mess. And Perry will use his vocals from 1980's concerts for each show so that Perry sounds great, but he is smart and will use different concerts at every show so that it sounds like Perry is singing live. The technology clearly exists now to isolate his vocals from all these past concerts. Perry just needs to show up and pretend to sing and the fans will go wild. But two hours of ballads won't be pretty. So, I am NOT going to any of these shows.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Re: Journey Greatest Hits 2024 Remastered

Postby Onestepper » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 pm

You went a long way for that one.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 am

I guess this asks one valid question...what happens if Neal dies.

Currently, Nightmare holds the Journey trademark and licenses it out. Neal and Jonathan's LLC's for NoMoTa and Freedom have the name licensed to them. So, if Neal dies, that would mean Jon is in charge of Journey until Nightmare decides to not give him the license. So, I think one of two things would happen. 1) Jon replaces Neal (maybe with Miles?) and continues touring as Journey. 2) Jon decides it's time to retire and does not seek the license. If Jon retires, Nightmare can license the name to a different version of the band (maybe one led by Gregg? Gregg, Kevin Chalfant, Miles, Steve Smith and Ross) or let the name go unused. That assumes that the new business with Lady M. and Paula White did not affect the LLC...if they are involved, I would believe Journey is done when Neal passes.

But, I doubt Perry would be able to take over Journey and I doubt he would do anything like is speculated here...He has been very critical of things like auto-tune...so faking an entire concert seems ridiculous to me. At this point, I doubt he wants to tour even if his voice would allow it. Perry seems more interested in the old music...not anything new, including touring.
Monker
MP3

Postby Memorex » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:03 pm

Monker wrote:I guess this asks one valid question...what happens if Neal dies.

Currently, Nightmare holds the Journey trademark and licenses it out. Neal and Jonathan's LLC's for NoMoTa and Freedom have the name licensed to them. So, if Neal dies, that would mean Jon is in charge of Journey until Nightmare decides to not give him the license. So, I think one of two things would happen. 1) Jon replaces Neal (maybe with Miles?) and continues touring as Journey. 2) Jon decides it's time to retire and does not seek the license. If Jon retires, Nightmare can license the name to a different version of the band (maybe one led by Gregg? Gregg, Kevin Chalfant, Miles, Steve Smith and Ross) or let the name go unused. That assumes that the new business with Lady M. and Paula White did not affect the LLC...if they are involved, I would believe Journey is done when Neal passes.

But, I doubt Perry would be able to take over Journey and I doubt he would do anything like is speculated here...He has been very critical of things like auto-tune...so faking an entire concert seems ridiculous to me. At this point, I doubt he wants to tour even if his voice would allow it. Perry seems more interested in the old music...not anything new, including touring.

Morbid as this discussion is, who owns Nightmare?
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Wed May 01, 2024 4:52 am

Nightmare is a corporation so it is owned by shareholders. At the time of the lawsuits between Nightmare/Smith/Valory/Schon, Nightmare stockholders included current and former Journey members:

Neal Schon
Jonathan Cain
Steve Smith
Ross Valory
Gregg Rolie
Steve Perry
Herbie Herbert

One other person who was not a member of the band...I think it was one of Nightmare's attorney's. He was added just prior to Neal's lawsuit. He was added to give the votes to remove Neal and Jon from their executive positions in Nightmare.

The filing for the corporation (or LLC) can be looked up in the California state governments website. I have not looked it up since shortly after the settlement.

So, I don't know what happened with Herbie's shares when he died...they may have had to make a new filing because of this.
I don't know what would happen to Neal's shares if he died....maybe go to Lady M?
Monker
MP3

Postby ebake02 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:20 am

JourneyHard wrote:I didn't know Steve Perry released Journey Greatest Hits 2024 Remastered apparently in January. The technology is always improving; so, will Perry release another Greatest Hits 2030 Remastered? This could have been a chance to change up what songs were included, but the same rehash.

This reissue is just another way for them to squeeze more money out of people. I'm certainly not going to go out and buy everything again, the new wonka washed version doesn't really sound much different than the older versions I already have.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Return to Journey