Journey/Styx 2025 Tour

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey/Styx 2025 Tour

Postby JourneyHard » Thu May 23, 2024 1:57 pm

Journey needs to tour with Styx in 2025. They should do two shows in every city on back-to-back nights. In the first show, play the hits. In the second show, play only the deep cuts. The casual fans can go to the first night. The hardcore fans can go to the second night. We know Journey has awesome deep cuts, but Styx does also. This tour would get fans who swore off ever going to another Journey or Styx concert excited enough to buy tickets and attend the show. The time has come for this tour. Just Journey and Styx. Nobody else.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Re: Journey/Styx 2025 Tour

Postby ebake02 » Tue May 28, 2024 8:22 am

I would mind seeing this again, it’s been 20 years since the last time they toured together. Just don’t bring back REO Speedwagon though unless Kevin Cronin can’t keep his mouth shut, Journey/Styx/Night Ranger would a good bill for a tour like that.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue May 28, 2024 1:04 pm

ebake02 wrote:I would mind seeing this again, it’s been 20 years since the last time they toured together. Just don’t bring back REO Speedwagon though unless Kevin Cronin can’t keep his mouth shut, Journey/Styx/Night Ranger would a good bill for a tour like that.

My ranking of how much I like those bands goes....

#1 Journey
#2 Night Ranger
#3 Styx

#4 REO Speedwagon

I don't dislike Speedwagon, but I don't think that they're nearly as good as the other bands. And Cronin does talk way too freaking much at their shows.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Wed May 29, 2024 3:25 am

Journey/Survivor wrote:
ebake02 wrote:I would mind seeing this again, it’s been 20 years since the last time they toured together. Just don’t bring back REO Speedwagon though unless Kevin Cronin can’t keep his mouth shut, Journey/Styx/Night Ranger would a good bill for a tour like that.

#1 Journey
#2 Night Ranger
#3 Styx

#4 REO Speedwagon

I don't dislike Speedwagon, but I don't think that they're nearly as good as the other bands. And Cronin does talk way too freaking much at their shows.

I'd agree with this! Also, there could be a Shaw/Blades bit between sets or wherever it makes sense.

Another option would be Tesla. I saw them a few years ago and they were really good. I would not mind seeing them again....Journey/Styx/Tesla

Or, another coheadlining tour I wouldn't mind would be with Extreme.
Monker
MP3

Postby Archetype » Wed May 29, 2024 5:45 am

Todd Sucherman actually said in an interview at one point that he would really like a Journey/Styx tour to happen. I don’t think there’s a single other band that could be added that would make for a bigger draw. Journey and Styx alone would pack arenas and amphitheaters while still leaving each band enough time to play an interesting set and not just an abbreviated greatest hits set.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 29, 2024 6:29 am

Archetype wrote:Todd Sucherman actually said in an interview at one point that he would really like a Journey/Styx tour to happen. I don’t think there’s a single other band that could be added that would make for a bigger draw. Journey and Styx alone would pack arenas and amphitheaters while still leaving each band enough time to play an interesting set and not just an abbreviated greatest hits set.

Journey is doing arena tours on their own. I think the days of package deals with Styx and REO are now long gone.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Wed May 29, 2024 8:30 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Archetype wrote:Todd Sucherman actually said in an interview at one point that he would really like a Journey/Styx tour to happen. I don’t think there’s a single other band that could be added that would make for a bigger draw. Journey and Styx alone would pack arenas and amphitheaters while still leaving each band enough time to play an interesting set and not just an abbreviated greatest hits set.

Journey is doing arena tours on their own. I think the days of package deals with Styx and REO are now long gone.

Didn’t they have Toto out with them for the past 2 years?
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed May 29, 2024 8:36 am

Monker wrote:
Journey/Survivor wrote:

#1 Journey
#2 Night Ranger
#3 Styx

#4 REO Speedwagon

I'd agree with this! Also, there could be a Shaw/Blades bit between sets or wherever it makes sense.

Another option would be Tesla. I saw them a few years ago and they were really good. I would not mind seeing them again....Journey/Styx/Tesla

Or, another coheadlining tour I wouldn't mind would be with Extreme.

I like Tesla too. They're one of my brothers top 5 favorite bands.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed May 29, 2024 9:34 am

Archetype wrote:

As an opener - not a package deal.

I always felt that Journey slightly resented the Azoff Main Event package of REO / Styx / Journey.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Archetype » Wed May 29, 2024 10:07 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Archetype wrote:

I always felt that Journey slightly resented the Azoff Main Event package of REO / Styx / Journey.

I sure didn’t resent it. Caught the show at HSBC Arena (now KeyBank Center) in Buffalo. Was my 2nd concert ever and it was a hell of a good night.
Archetype
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Thu May 30, 2024 1:16 am

Archetype wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Archetype wrote:

I sure didn’t resent it. Caught the show at HSBC Arena (now KeyBank Center) in Buffalo. Was my 2nd concert ever and it was a hell of a good night.

I agree...Also, Journey did not do themselves any favors by closing every night. So many reviews said they looked tired and just doing what it took to get through the night and compared to Styx and RED were not as energetic and entertaining.

But, regardless, I don't think Journey would be wise to tour without a quality opening band. Any of these could do the job as well as Toto or Def Leppard (which is supposed to be coheadlining, correct).
Monker
MP3

Postby jestor92 » Thu May 30, 2024 12:44 pm

Monker wrote:
Archetype wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I agree...Also, Journey did not do themselves any favors by closing every night. So many reviews said they looked tired and just doing what it took to get through the night and compared to Styx and RED were not as energetic and entertaining.

But, regardless, I don't think Journey would be wise to tour without a quality opening band. Any of these could do the job as well as Toto or Def Leppard (which is supposed to be coheadlining, correct).[/quote]

The show I saw Styx blew them and REO off the stage. Journey actually sounded the worst of the 3 bands because Steve’s tape was muffled at times.
jestor92
8 Track

Return to Journey