Finally, a JRNY/JSS boot

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Milos » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:12 am

I finally got registered and was able to download the torrent file. However, it's currently showing 0 seeders and 24 peers. If nobody is going to seed the file it will be impossible for the remaining downloaders to get. If some people have already downloaded the file 100% please let it seed for a little while to give the rest of us a chance. Thanks.
Go Broncos!
Milos
Radio Waves

Postby Clasicrockldy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:17 am

I am right now, downloading two torrents, the Infinity Demos, and the JSS boot from Atlanta, Georgia. It looks like it will take some time. I put them on high priority too.
Image Image

"Friends are the family that you choose."
Clasicrockldy
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:08 am

Where I can find the Infinity Demos? Thanks a ton!

Aaron
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Stereo LP

Postby Clasicrockldy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:27 am

Aaron wrote:Where I can find the Infinity Demos? Thanks a ton!

Aaron

It is on dimeadozen.org. You will have to register first. It might take awhile to get in. Then you will have to download a bitTorrent program for the boots.
Image Image

Clasicrockldy
Stereo LP

Postby JrnySuxBalls » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:55 am

Helpful hint:

Don't ask those guys on there for a smaller MP3 show. It's against their rules.
These full sized files sound better anyway. :wink:

You'll also get better speed once everyone on there gets the show (i.e. more seeders).
JrnySuxBalls
8 Track

Postby The Fly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:59 am

Can someone post this in another link please? I can't seem to get in. :x
The Fly
45 RPM

Postby conversationpc » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:15 am

I don't see anything there to download.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby joybringer1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:20 am

conversationpc wrote:I don't see anything there to download.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=103789

is the link for the reseeded file but unless you're registered you won't get an active link to download.
joybringer1
Ol' 78

Postby fightingilliniJRNY » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:26 am

Anybody else having trouble getting onto the dimeadozen site? I'm getting this message:

Sorry!

EzTorrent encountered a fatal error: tracker not configured!

Often, this error is of temporary nature, so, please click the
reload button of your browser to repeat your page request.

Take care!

srvadm@dimeadozen.org

I'm already registered there, so that shouldn't be the problem. I could get on earlier and see the banned torrent file, but haven't been able to get on and download the new one.
fightingilliniJRNY
Cassette Tape

Postby joybringer1 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:10 am

[quote="SuperAugeriFan1"]Anybody else having trouble getting onto the dimeadozen site?

Yes, the whole site seems to be up and down over the last couple of hours. It's up as I type. They're obviously having problems there.
joybringer1
Ol' 78

Postby conversationpc » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:40 am

That site is WAY too slow to download that big of a file. I've got a high speed connection here and it was still going to take all day. Not worth it at this point.
My blog = Dave's Dominion
conversationpc
Super Audio CD

Postby FormerJrnyFan » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:59 pm

conversationpc wrote:That site is WAY too slow to download that big of a file. I've got a high speed connection here and it was still going to take all day. Not worth it at this point.

I agree... just looking for a generous person to share :wink:
... I will ALWAYS be a Sototarian
FormerJrnyFan
Stereo LP

Postby JrnySuxBalls » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:03 pm

Not bad at all. Jeffie Scott Awesome at the mic. :wink:
JrnySuxBalls
8 Track

Postby Clasicrockldy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:29 pm

conversationpc wrote:That site is WAY too slow to download that big of a file. I've got a high speed connection here and it was still going to take all day. Not worth it at this point.

Not only that pc, you have to have software to convert the files as well. I just gave up on it. Too much hassle.
Image Image

Clasicrockldy
Stereo LP

Postby Milos » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:15 pm

JDouglee wrote:Not bad at all. Jeffie Scott Awesome at the mic. :wink:

So, does this mean you were able to download the complete file?

It's funny that I haven't seen one seeder pop up on there all day. I guess the people that are getting the file are canceling their uploads almost immediately. :(

BitTorrent only works well if people will seed the completed file. If I ever finally get this file, I'm at least going to let it seed for a while as a courtesy. I might even get generous and convert it to MP3s and post it on YouSendIt or something.

I have the software to burn or convert .flac files at work, so if somebody doesn't share it by Monday I'll see what I can do about posting a more accessible version. Of course, that all depends on whether or not I can actually get the file downloaded in the first place.
Go Broncos!
Milos
Radio Waves

Postby finalfight » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:23 pm

journeygal wrote:

I agree... just looking for a generous person to share :wink:

Its not the site that was slow. The speed was down to the fact that the file had just been put up for download, only had one seeder and was then banned from the site for not being split into tracks. More seeds = more speed.

The file has since been re-uploaded with breaks in between the tracks. I have the original and have split it myself. Its a very clear recording.

JSS is fantastic, a few bum notes here and there but I get the impression that he is running or moving all over the stage rather than rooted pretty much to the spot. Had he remained still, I am sure the show would have been pitch perfect but would have lacked the energy and impact that is evident on this recording.
Speaking of pitch perfect - Deen was great on the songs he sang, particulary Whos Crying Now. What his voice lacks in power it more than makes up for in tone and expression.

Watch out for a weird high shrieking mid way through Only the Young! I have no idea what it was but it could have shattered glass!!! :shock:

Overall, it sounds great. Good job all round.
finalfight

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:48 pm

I'm 75% done with the new version fo this, just about to listen to the first.

I'll seed this all week when I can.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JrnySuxBalls » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:49 pm

Milos wrote:I might even get generous and convert it to MP3s and post it on YouSendIt or something.

Don't let the people at Dime catch U doing that. :wink:
JrnySuxBalls
8 Track

Postby AR » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:52 am

I'm at 94.5%
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:54 am

I might even get generous and convert it to MP3s and post it on YouSendIt or something.

If I am still home I'll post some of it in the Live Song thread. Going to see David Lee Roth tonight, so I may not be around though. Pretty sure that a few of us will have the whole show today. :)
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:01 am

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby swepett » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:02 am

Yup, me too. :o Any way you wanted just started. :)
swepett
Ol' 78

Postby swepett » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:05 am

I got a PM from someone having problems with Dime and torrents. Below is my reply. Maybe someone else that isn't familiar with torrents might be interested:

When you click on that link on dime, you download a file that is not the full show, but a control file to start the download of the actual music. You need a special program to be able to get the music. I recommend utorrent if you are on Windows: http://www.utorrent.com/

Once that is installed, it will start up as soon as you click on a torrent link.

When your music is downloaded, and this will take quite some time depending on the speed of your internet connection, and the number of seeders, you need to decode the files you have downloaded. That is done with the Flac program: http://flac.sourceforge.net/

If you already have Winamp installed on your computer, you can use that to play the flac files without converting them.

After your files have been converted, you can listen to your files on your computer or burn them to an audio cd.

Hope this helps! All of the above is if you are on a Windows computer. If you are on a mac, try this: http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/

The Mac Flac software can be downloaded from http://flac.sourceforge.net/.
swepett
Ol' 78

Postby AR » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:13 am

Yup, me too. Any way you wanted just started.

LOL, Listening to it as well. :D :lol:
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby swepett » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:15 am

Someone else pointed out that something weird happens during "Only the young". What the hey is that? It sounds really weird.
swepett
Ol' 78

Postby swepett » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:21 am

Try again, Now there's 166(!) seeders and rising.

The speed of a torrent download depends on two things (well, apart from the speed of all internet connections involved):

* The amount of seeders.
* If your and the seeders firewall ports are open. This is often a big problem. At this moment, 63 of the 166 seeders have not opened their torrent port in the firewall. You can see that by the red port number after the seeder's screen name, like this:

chhe66de:(22424)

That means chhe66de's torrent program is using port 22424 on his computer and if he opened that up in his router and/or firewall, his/hers downloads would probably be faster.

More info here:

http://www.portforward.com/
swepett
Ol' 78

Postby AR » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:24 am

Someone else pointed out that something weird happens during "Only the young". What the hey is that? It sounds really weird.

You mean that squeal? Sounds like JSS was trying a falcetto and just hit a strange note. These vocals are taking some getting used too. It sounds like Journey on the choruses with Deen. Jeff's voice is much lower than what I'm used to. Very talented of course. Just not sure what I think yet. Reserving judgement. This is just one boot of course.

Shows you just how difficult this material is. New found respect for Augeri, Perry and Castronovo.

Great quality on this boot BTW.
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:37 am

Deen sings "Who's Crying Now"
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:40 am

Heh...still sounds like Augeri singing on the b-vox tapes. :roll: (and if you don't think they use backing vocal tapes, explain how Deen sings 3 parts to "Who's Crying Now" at the same time during the chorus :wink: ) But JSS sounds great on the lead vocals...although whenever I hear him struggle a little on the really high notes I'm worried about a) what it's doing to his voice, and b) why the band can't tune down 1/2 step like so many other bands (Bon Jovi, for one). I think it would help him a lot..."Wheel In The Sky" is a little painful, but for the most part he sounds great.

Now if only I could afford to go see them. :roll:
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Moon Beam » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:42 am

Yesterday I got as far as it downloading then a screen
popped up on my pc and asked how I wanted to open
the file, I picked Windows Media Player and once it went
there it said the file couldn't be opened.
I don't know what I should be opening it with.
Maybe someone will put up a song in the request a song thread.
Glad you guys got it and are enjoying it though.
Your pewter smarts have paid off guys.
:P
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

PreviousNext

Return to Journey