OK; I'll "play nice"....for you Neal Schon fans...

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

OK; I'll "play nice"....for you Neal Schon fans...

Postby sngrchk04 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:08 am

Hey all & happy "Post Thanksgiving" 8)

I hope that you and yours had a safe, happy, and fun day yesterday.

I found this on the MelodicRock front page; listed today:

:arrow: NEAL SCHON'S SOLO EYE DUE IN FEBRUARY:

Press Release:

November 23, 2004 -- What could be next for a musician who's done it all? As the lead guitarist and songwriter for the multi-platinum band Journey, his work with guitar legend Santana and composer Jan Hammer, Neal Schon has lived the life of several rock gods. Still, he continues to reinvent himself, taking his own musical vision to new heights with his sixth solo outing, i on U, a dazzling collection of guitar instrumentals. It's due out February 22, 2005 on Steve Vai's Favored Nations label.

Playing with modern sounds and flavors, yet always staying true to his signature guitar sound, i on U pulls it all together. Says Schon, “this is the first album that encompasses everything and makes it brand new.”

“Since I joined Santana,” he continues, ”I've always tried to go into every album in a different way. i on U is taking me to a new place and new sounds, but you can hear my years of work throughout the whole album. Sitting back and listening to it now, the history with Santana and Jan Hammer really shines through.”

For i on U, Schon teamed up with keyboardist and songwriter Igor Len as co-producer, and drummer Omar Hakim.

“When I was on tour and trying to put the first stages of this record together,” he says, “I called Igor Len, who I had worked with on my Electric World solo album, and asked him to be involved. He sent me some tracks that he was working on, and they were going exactly in the direction I wanted to go with my music. So I took his hooks, added all of the guitar parts and synthesizer solos, and embellished and tweaked them from there. Although I wrote Father, Moondust, and Highland on my own.”

Each listener will experience the album differently. From the majestic opening of Blue Passion, and the soaring melodies of the title track, the songs suggest wide open spaces, an overview of what's to come, with tracks like the driving, passionate Burning Bridges. Then it's on to the far off reaches of the imagination, with the arpeggiated rhythms of Timeless Motion, the spicy funk of Loner's Dream, and the eastern flair of It Will Happen.

“The guitar is one of the most expressive instruments of our time,” proclaims Schon. “I want the listener to be able to imagine whatever they want since there are no lyrics. And have the music take them to any place they want to be.”
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Postby LAWoman » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:14 am

Yes, that was on Back Talk a couple days back. I am anxiously awaiting the release of I on U!
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:08 am

LAWoman wrote:Yes, that was on Back Talk a couple days back. I am anxiously awaiting the release of I on U!
Or somebody on U...DOH!!! :P

Postby yak » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:00 pm

I am anxiously awaiting the release of I on U!

This is great news! :D Neal Schon is an awesome guitarist and one hell of a guy!

This sounds like it will be amazing. Neal is always at his very best doing what he was born to do.

Can't wait.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:46 pm

yakov wrote:
I am anxiously awaiting the release of I on U!

This is great news! :D Neal Schon is an awesome guitarist and one hell of a guy!

This sounds like it will be amazing. Neal is always at his very best doing what he was born to do.

Can't wait.
This is AMAZING to me...How do you KNOW Neal is one hell of a guy?

Postby yak » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:44 pm

...How do you KNOW Neal is one hell of a guy?

Because I am not the first person to ever meet Neal? :roll:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:52 pm

yakov wrote:
...How do you KNOW Neal is one hell of a guy?

Because I am not the first person to ever meet Neal? :roll:

You met him so that is all it took to make him "one hell of a guy?" Great......
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:33 am

perryfaithful wrote:You met him so that is all it took to make him "one hell of a guy?" Great......

Yeah?
So?
You have never met Steve Perry even ONCE but yet you're ostensibly 100% convinced that the man is infallible, beyond reproach, & vested with god-like powers.

So, what's the difference?

If anything, at least yakov has some sort of wishy-washy substantiating verfication to his claims.
What are yours?
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:05 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:You met him so that is all it took to make him "one hell of a guy?" Great......

Yeah?
So?
You have never met Steve Perry even ONCE but yet you're ostensibly 100% convinced that the man is infallible, beyond reproach, & vested with god-like powers.

So, what's the difference?

If anything, at least yakov has some sort of wishy-washy substantiating verfication to his claims.
What are yours?

...and the key words are wishy washy
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby LAWoman » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:43 pm

Neal is a hell of a guy. It has been empirically demonstrated in a double-blind study with a control group. It was just published in the Journal of Neuroshonology. I understand he also made it onto Guiness Book list of all great guys. Of coure I knew he was a hell of a guy before I read the studies.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:54 pm

LAWoman wrote:Neal is a hell of a guy. It has been empirically demonstrated in a double-blind study with a control group. It was just published in the Journal of Neuroshonology. I understand he also made it onto Guiness Book list of all great guys. Of coure I knew he was a hell of a guy before I read the studies.
This coming from a lawyer...yeesh.... :roll: :wink:

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:09 pm

ShawRiff wrote:
LAWoman wrote:Neal is a hell of a guy. It has been empirically demonstrated in a double-blind study with a control group. It was just published in the Journal of Neuroshonology. I understand he also made it onto Guiness Book list of all great guys. Of coure I knew he was a hell of a guy before I read the studies.

And what's wrong with a lawyer? Especially a Ladytype?!!
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:13 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:
ShawRiff wrote:

And what's wrong with a lawyer? Especially a Ladytype?!!
Depends on what type of lawyer. As for a "Ladytype" did I mention anything about gender? Maybe it is you who has the problem with "Ladytype" lawyers and you are displacing your venom towards me...

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:14 am

ShawRiff wrote: you are displacing your venom towards me...

Honestly...this place needs a full time counselor
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:42 am

All I was trying to say...in simple words, is all lawyers are not bad, and I kind of threw in a sneaker as I think women lawyers are somewhat intriguing to me. :?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby yak » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:04 pm

:lol:

Some just DON'T get it, and never will. Or perhaps don't want to face the truth because it is too painful.

I have met Neal post Perry, and he definitely IS one hell of a guy! And given all the crap Perry put him through, I would like to report that he has come through it nicely. :D
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:34 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:All I was trying to say...in simple words, is all lawyers are not bad, and I kind of threw in a sneaker as I think women lawyers are somewhat intriguing to me. :?
The ones on Boston Public are BABES!!!
I'm with you on that one!!!!
LA Woman is pretty much an ambulance chaser. From what I heard she's never won a case. She's so wrapped up in Journey and these message boards that she can't possibly give her clients her full attention...thus, jail time for them.

Postby yak » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:39 am

ShawRiff wrote:LA Woman is pretty much an ambulance chaser. From what I heard she's never won a case. She's so wrapped up in Journey and these message boards that she can't possibly give her clients her full attention...thus, jail time for them.

NO personal attacks here! Oops forgot...you can't read Andrew's front page instructions in all your kindergarten excitement to get here and attack somebody.

Didn't you say you had a new baby a while back? Who's taking care of it?

If I had a new baby I would have a million better things to do with my life, than to come to a message board and attack people you don't even know. :roll:

If I were LAWoman I would hunt you down and find you and slap a slander suit on your pompous-assed big mouth attitude.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:17 am

yakov wrote:
ShawRiff wrote:LA Woman is pretty much an ambulance chaser. From what I heard she's never won a case. She's so wrapped up in Journey and these message boards that she can't possibly give her clients her full attention...thus, jail time for them.

NO personal attacks here! Oops forgot...you can't read Andrew's front page instructions in all your kindergarten excitement to get here and attack somebody.

Didn't you say you had a new baby a while back? Who's taking care of it?

If I had a new baby I would have a million better things to do with my life, than to come to a message board and attack people you don't even know. :roll:

If I were LAWoman I would hunt you down and find you and slap a slander suit on your pompous-assed big mouth attitude.
Actually, my daughter is sleeping at the moment. You must have noticed I spend a lot less time on the boards right now...Maybe LAWoman will suit me, of course the inevitable counter suit would be that much sweeter.

Postby JourneyTroll » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:45 am

There never was a Joe, JesseRides Journeytroll, Gareth or Art Vandalay...

Joe, I'm Journeytroll so take my name out of your quote. Plus, who is Gareth or Art Vandalay?

Your friend,
Journeytroll
JourneyTroll
LP

Postby LAWoman » Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:40 pm

ShawRiff wrote:
Rock'ndeano wrote:All I was trying to say...in simple words, is all lawyers are not bad, and I kind of threw in a sneaker as I think women lawyers are somewhat intriguing to me. :?
LA Woman is pretty much an ambulance chaser. From what I heard she's never won a case. She's so wrapped up in Journey and these message boards that she can't possibly give her clients her full attention...thus, jail time for them.

Yawn--think of something new, will you Joe? So sad that Joe has had such bad experiences with the legal profession that he is totally obsessed with lawyers and works lawyers into any topic no matter how irrelevant it is. Why don't you try a private attorney next time you need one instead of the court-appointed PD Joe?
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:18 pm

LAWoman wrote:
ShawRiff wrote:

Yawn--think of something new, will you Joe? So sad that Joe has had such bad experiences with the legal profession that he is totally obsessed with lawyers and works lawyers into any topic no matter how irrelevant it is. Why don't you try a private attorney next time you need one instead of the court-appointed PD Joe?
Babs you are so EASY...I knew it was just a matter of time before you responded...you just can't help it. :P

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:45 pm

LAWoman- Why stoop to level of "intelligence" to respond? I am guilty for throwing the gender part of it out there, so I am sorry...I was just saying lady lawyers are usually good looking, well spoken, dress really nice, and have their own bank account....I was complimenting you, but this joe guy...???
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:41 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:LAWoman- Why stoop to level of "intelligence" to respond? I am guilty for throwing the gender part of it out there, so I am sorry...I was just saying lady lawyers are usually good looking, well spoken, dress really nice, and have their own bank account....I was complimenting you, but this joe guy...???
I happen to like LAWoman and poke fun at her kiddingly. You're the one who keeps putting your foot in your mouth with female lawyers. They're "usually good looking?" Who says...mine wasn't. But she was very competent and well dressed to be sure.
As for having her own bank account...I never asked her.

Postby yak » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:28 pm

ShawRiff wrote: You must have noticed I spend a lot less time on the boards right now...Maybe LAWoman will suit me, of course the inevitable counter suit would be that much sweeter.

Ummmm...no, hard as it may be to believe, I DIDN'T notice your comings and goings....you are not a main priority in my busy life. I come here for Journey news and to banter with the Journey fans. Unfortunately I occasionally make the mistake of responding to your ilk.

:idea: You should shut your mouth about LAWoman. :idea: You are actually on this board more than she is. I have never seen her stoop as low as you do on these boards. I have never seen her on your level EVER.

Maybe you actually DO have a problem with a working female professional...who is intelligent, well dressed, and respected by her peers. Like I said, if I were her.........
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:25 pm

yakov wrote:
ShawRiff wrote: You must have noticed I spend a lot less time on the boards right now...Maybe LAWoman will suit me, of course the inevitable counter suit would be that much sweeter.

Ummmm...no, hard as it may be to believe, I DIDN'T notice your comings and goings....you are not a main priority in my busy life. I come here for Journey news and to banter with the Journey fans. Unfortunately I occasionally make the mistake of responding to your ilk.

:idea: You should shut your mouth about LAWoman. :idea: You are actually on this board more than she is. I have never seen her stoop as low as you do on these boards. I have never seen her on your level EVER.

Maybe you actually DO have a problem with a working female professional...who is intelligent, well dressed, and respected by her peers. Like I said, if I were her.........
Look at all the effort you took in responding to someone of my "ilk." :P
That's two minutes of your life you'll never get back.... :P

Postby yak » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:11 pm

Look at all the effort you took in responding to someone of my "ilk." :P
That's two minutes of your life you'll never get back.... :P

You really do need to get a life. :wink:
yak
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey