Is this the Steve Perry of Journey????

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Is this the Steve Perry of Journey????

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:21 pm

perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby LAWoman » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:35 pm

I'm thinking they would have said it was Steve Perry the musician if it was.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Journeynut » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:03 pm

:!: Oh my.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:44 am

Are you sure? Isn't Perry about 54, it is in the No Cal region, even though I believe Steve resides in the san Diego area...Let's hope not, eh?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:03 am

Rock'ndeano wrote:Are you sure? Isn't Perry about 54, it is in the No Cal region, even though I believe Steve resides in the san Diego area...Let's hope not, eh?

Over the years I have seen many a post that he has houses in a number of places, to include one in Northern California.

perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Rockindeano » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:07 am

Over the years I have seen many a post that he has houses in a number of places, to include one in Northern California.

[/quote]

Let's hope not. I can ask over at BT, as those crazies probably know fersure...
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Lora » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:00 am

Hi boys & girls,

Before this rumor gets out of hand, the person this article is referring to is NOT singer/songwriter/ex-Journey Steve Perry.

This has been such a sad day. You guys probably heard about the guitarist for Pantera (Darrell Dimebag Abbott) being killed last night at a club in Ohio. Pantera was a client of ours for awhile and we really enjoyed our association with them. We were all very shocked at the news.

Lora :cry:
Last edited by Lora on Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lora
8 Track

Postby sngrchk04 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:29 am

Lora wrote:Hi boys & girls,

Before this rumor gets out of hand, the person this article is referring to is NOT singer/songwriter/ex-Journey Steve Perry.

This has been such a sad day. You guys probably heard about the guitarist for Pantera (Dimebag Darrell) being killed last night at a club in Ohio. Pantera was a client of ours for awhile and we really enjoyed our association with them. We were all very shocked at the news.

Hi, Lora

Thank you for posting this. Much appreciated.
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:50 am

This has been such a sad day. You guys probably heard about the guitarist for Pantera (Darryl Dimebag Abbott) being killed last night at a club in Ohio. Pantera was a client of ours for awhile and we really enjoyed our association with them. We were all very shocked at the news.

Nice to have a response that one can trust! Thanks for clearing it up Lora!

But Lora......."boys and girls?"
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:26 pm

Hey was that an insult? I'm a woman. She must know that men and women or those individuals of legal age don't like to be referred to as
"boys and girls" it is derogatory. I think as a young woman of 23 I can be afforded the courtesy of being called a woman. I earned this distinction. It just wasn't simply given to me. Just cause you have friends like Steve does not make it alright to be condescending to those of us who wear their age and their sexual identity distinctly and proudly.

Women Power!

Well that's one thing that doesn't set my hat right!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:28 pm

And thanks Lora for providing us with clarification before the flames of a rumour spread across the land of Journeydom.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby arden » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:34 pm

At 23 you were no doubt nothing but a twinkle in your daddy's eye when many of us were out fighting for that Woman Power you've so childishly trumpeted.

Like most of my peers, I, too, wear my age and sexual identity proudly. I am also secure enough with it to not need to call upon such righteous indignation for it to be acknowledged. If "girl" is the worst insult you ever have to endure, you are indeed very lucky.

Perhaps, with a little more maturity you will realize how rude you have been and apologize.

Thanks, Lora.

Marabelle wrote:Hey was that an insult? I'm a woman. She must know that men and women or those individuals of legal age don't like to be referred to as
"boys and girls" it is derogatory. I think as a young woman of 23 I can be afforded the courtesy of being called a woman. I earned this distinction. It just wasn't simply given to me. Just cause you have friends like Steve does not make it alright to be condescending to those of us who wear their age and their sexual identity distinctly and proudly.

Women Power!

Last edited by arden on Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arden
Radio Waves

Postby Ftloperry » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:50 pm

Lora so sorry to hear about the passing of Darryl Dimebag Abbott. My prayers and thoughts to his family and loved ones. :( :cry: What a traggedy. Thank you also for clearing up the Steve Perry news that was floating around.
Ftloperry
8 Track

Postby Journeynut » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:04 am

This has been such a sad day. You guys probably heard about the guitarist for Pantera (Darryl Dimebag Abbott) being killed last night at a club in Ohio. Pantera was a client of ours for awhile and we really enjoyed our association with them. We were all very shocked at the news.

I read about Darryl in the paper this morning.
Terribly shocking.

I am glad the other item is not our steve perry. Thank you Lora for the info.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:39 pm

Marabelle wrote:Hey was that an insult? I'm a woman. She must know that men and women or those individuals of legal age don't like to be referred to as
"boys and girls" it is derogatory. I think as a young woman of 23 I can be afforded the courtesy of being called a woman. I earned this distinction. It just wasn't simply given to me. Just cause you have friends like Steve does not make it alright to be condescending to those of us who wear their age and their <a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=<a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Sex">Sex</a>"><a target="_blank" href="http://searchmiracle.com/text/search.php?qq=Sex">sex</a></a>ual identity distinctly and proudly.

Women Power!

You've just set women's rights back about 10 years with your asinine comments sweetheart... :roll:

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:46 pm

LAWoman wrote:I'm thinking they would have said it was Steve Perry the musician if it was.
I agree Barb. It would have been in the lead paragraph.

Postby yak » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:54 pm

Perry will be 56 years old in a few weeks. Unless, of course, he is lying about his age again. :roll:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:46 pm

yakov wrote: Perry will be 56 years old in a few weeks. Unless, of course, he is lying about his age again. :roll:
Lying about his age again? You mean he lied about it before?

Postby mystichealer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:55 am

Can't resist those little knocks at Perry can you 'Yakov'??

How about showing some respect in this sad thread.

Baaad taste as usual, but coming from your mouth is not a suprise in the slightest.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby yak » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:28 am

ShawRiff wrote: Lying about his age again? You mean he lied about it before?

Yes, Perry is legendary for lying about his age in the 80's. What was he trying to prove? Others here know this to be a fact.

Mystic, I was not being disrespectful. Maybe you don't like being reminded of Perry's old age? I was simply responding to the original post, which started this thread, not to anything you said.

Good Grief!
yak
Cassette Tape

Re: Is this the Steve Perry of Journey????

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:06 am

OMG.....now he is a master angler in New Hampshire!!!!!

"The 15 Master Anglers of Lake Winnipesaukee are: Jim Warner, Barbara Cotton, Bill Martel, Mario DeCarolis, Paul Philippe, Bill ("The Duck") Whall (who has been the eyes and ears of anglers on the lake for many years), Rick Davis, Ted St. Onge, Al Stewart, Chuck French, JasonParent, Steve Perry, Carl Gephardt, Alan Nute, Travis Williams, and Lyon himself."

from Laconia, NH Citizen Online

Happy New year!!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:34 am

Hey, did Arden just insult me! Boy oh Boy!
Last edited by Marabelle on Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:35 am

And I won't apologize for something I think is right.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:22 am

perryfaithful wrote:http://www.napanews.com/templates/index.cfm?template=story_full&id=3004DA07-FF2C-4C35-ACF6-5A38F6FEF5F9

Come to think of it, perryfaithful, WHY do "we" still refer to Perry as the Steve Perry OF Journey???? He obviously wants NOTHING to do with Journey. And you want him to not be associated with Journey also. So why don't you respect that and call him Steve Perry...of whatever...just not Journey, OK?

Journey has a new singer, and has had one who wants to actually WORK, and be a part of the band, for how many years now?? :roll:

Good Grief! When will you get over the fact that Perry is NOT coming back or singing anytime soon in this century, and does NOT want any association with old lotus blossoms?
(You are all a reminder of the past he wants to forget!!)

And the Pack CD, which has been in the works forever, does not count. It's another whistling CD. :roll: :lol:
I personally am waiting for Steve (Augeri) and Journey in 2005!! :D
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:47 am

yakov wrote:
perryfaithful wrote:http://www.napanews.com/templates/index.cfm?template=story_full&id=3004DA07-FF2C-4C35-ACF6-5A38F6FEF5F9

Come to think of it, perryfaithful, WHY do "we" still refer to Perry as the Steve Perry OF Journey???? He obviously wants NOTHING to do with Journey. And you want him to not be associated with Journey also. So why don't you respect that and call him Steve Perry...of whatever...just not Journey, OK?

Journey has a new singer, and has had one who wants to actually WORK, and be a part of the band, for how many years now?? :roll:

Good Grief! When will you get over the fact that Perry is NOT coming back or singing anytime soon in this century, and does NOT want any association with old lotus blossoms?
(You are all a reminder of the past he wants to forget!!)

And the Pack CD, which has been in the works forever, does not count. It's another whistling CD. :roll: :lol:
I personally am waiting for Steve (Augeri) and Journey in 2005!! :D
I agree, we wouldn't want to get him mixed up with Steve Perry the angler. :roll:

Return to Journey